Akwa Ibom state university, school of postgraduate studies through the management of the university has announced the sale of AKSU postgraduate admission form for 2023/2024 academic session. AKSU PG form is made available online for candidates interested in running a postgraduate programme at AKSU and must have met the PG admission requirement for the proposed programme.
This post will serve as a guide in applying for AKSU postgraduate application form both for first-time applicants and returning applicants as it would cover every grey area about AKSU PG admission form which includes the commencement date for the sale of AKSU PG admission form, the application procedure, duration of all PG programmes, cost of the PG form and the closing date of AKSU PG admission form.
Before we proceed, as usual, based on the challenges faced by past AKSU PG applicants in their application process, I thought it necessary to address them all in order for you to avoid encountering such in your registration.
I will be listing all the frequently asked questions as it relates to AKSU postgraduate admission form. These questions as stated above is from past and current applicants. It is advised you note them down as it would assist in your application process.
The AKSU format below indicates the FAQs and their appropriate answers with regards to AKSU PG form after which I will make available, AKSU postgraduate general admission requirements, how to apply for AKSU postgraduate admission form.
FAQs on AKSUPG Admission Form
Q – Is AKSU postgraduate admission form 2023/2024 out?
A – AKSU PG admission form is out and the online application has begun.
Q – How can I apply for AKSU PG admission form?
A – AKSU PG part-time registration procedure has been provided below as approved by the management of the university.
Q – How much is AKSU PG admission form?
A – Applicants are required to purchase the Akwa Ibom state university,, School of Postgraduate Studies Form at a fee of Fifteen Thousand Six Hundred Naira (15,000) Only.
Q – I am still running my NYSC, can I apply for AKSU PG form?
A – NYSC discharge certificate is an important document for applying for AKSU postgraduate programme. Therefore without your NYSC discharge certificate, you cannot apply.
Q – I have NYSC exemption letter, can I apply for AKSU PG application form?
A – Yes you are eligible, all you need to do is present your exemption letter
Q – What is the closing date of AKSU PG admission form?
A – AKSU PG form closing date is 31st March, 2023.
The above are the FAQs on Akwa Ibom state university, postgraduate admission form for both current and prospective applicants. However, please feel free to ask questions via the comment section should you have any.
AKSU PG admission form application procedure will be a seamless one because I will simplify the application steps required to apply for the admission form so that new and prospective applicants can apply with ease. Applicants who have previously registered and participated in the prior registration exercise but were unsuccessful can also benefit from the information provided here.
Akwa Ibom state university, postgraduate admission form application process this academic session is the same step used by applicants during the previous session, the only major difference is the closing date of the application form. Going by the above information, it is important to point out that the schools that are affiliated to AKSU PG school are to follow the application steps outlined below but first let’s go through the requirements for applying for the form online.
DURATION OF STUDIES
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- Full-Time Diploma: Minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters.
- Part-Time Diploma: Minimum of three semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
Masters Degree Programmes
- Full-Time: A minimum of three semesters and a maximum of six semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of four semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Full-Time: A minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters
- Full-Time: A minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters.
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The following constitute the minimum entry requirements into our postgraduate programmes:
1) Post – Graduate Diploma Programme
- A graduate from a recognized university with Pass or 3rd Class at the first degree in relevant programme may be admitted, provided the Matriculation and Departmental requirements of Akwa Ibom state universityare satisfied.
- A holder of a minimum of Upper Credit in the HND from a recognized institution may also be admitted.
2) Masters Degree Programme
- A candidate with a first degree from a recognized university having a minimum of a Second Class Lower Division may be admitted, provided the University Matriculation and Departmental requirements are satisfied.
- A candidate with a minimum of Credit in the Postgraduate Diploma from a recognized university may also be admitted.
3) M.Phil / PH.D Programme
- Candidates must possess a Masters degree from a recognized university with weighted average of 55.0 – 59.9
4.) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Degree Programme
- A candidate with a good Masters degree having a weighted average of not below 60.0 or CGPA of 4.00 on a relative score of 5,00 (NOT Professional Masters) in the relevant or related discipline which includes course work and a defended research dissertation from a recognized university may be admitted provided the University Matriculation and Departments requirements are satisfied.
- A minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 4.00 or 60.0 weighted average is required for candidates converting from M.Phil to Ph.D.
AKSU PG Courses
Faculty of Arts
- PGD History and International Studies
- A. History and International Studies
- D. History and International Studies
Faculty of Science
- PGD Applied Geophysics
- PGD Biochemistry
- PGD Computer Science
- Sc. Applied Geophysics
- Sc. Biochemistry
- Sc. Computer Science
- Sc. Mathematics
- Sc. Statistics
- D. Applied Geophysics
Faculty Social and Management Sciences
- PGD Accounting and Finance
- PG Entrepreneurship
- PGD Marketing
- Master of Accounting
- Sc. Accounting and Finance
- Sc. Economics
- D. Economics
Faculty of Environmental Sciences
- Sc. Architecture
How To Apply For AKSU Postgraduate Admission Form
To apply for AKSU postgraduate form, you need to first confirm the postgraduate courses and the admission requirements HERE before proceeding.
To apply for AKSU postgraduate application form, you are required to follow the application procedures outlined below;
NOTE: AKSU postgraduate application forms can be accessed online upon payment of N15,000.00 (fifteen thousand Naira) only.
STEP 1: All eligible applicants are to go to http://www.aksu.edu.ng/pg/portal and click on the “Apply” button
STEP 2: Select the Postgraduate Programme Link to choose the category of postgraduate programme you are applying for.
STEP 3: You will be required to pay for the form, click on PAYMENT: BANK PAYMENT
STEP 4: Select “Bank”
STEP 5: Enter your full name, a valid e-mail address and Phone Number and click on “PAY NOW”
STEP 6: Generate a payment analysis slip and proceed to any of the designated banks with the slip to make payment.
STEP 7: After making payment, you are to repeat steps 1-3
STEP 8: On the dashboard, Click “ALREADY PAID” and provide your payment “Reference Number”
STEP 9: Click “VERIFY AND CONTINUE” to complete the registration.
STEP 10: You are to complete the Online registration form by providing the required information.
STEP 11: Ensure that you have scanned and uploaded the following documents:
- SSCE or its equivalent
- PGD/PGDE( For M.Sc. applicants only)
- /M.A/M.Ed./MBA/ ( For Ph.D applicants only)
- NYSC (discharge/exemption/exclusion)
- Birth Certificate
- Certificate Of Origin
STEP 12: Click the SUBMIT button after filling the form.
STEP 13: PRINT the Registration Confirmation slip as proof of registration.
- All applicants must return their completed forms with a Thesis/Dissertation proposal captured on the prescribed School of Postgraduate Studies Proposal Sheet. Such proposals should include the following: Title, Aim/Objectives, Relevance of Study, Methodology, Expected Results among others.
- Candidates should remember to request, at the time of purchase of the forms that their relevant academic transcript should be forwarded to; The Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Akwa Ibom State University, P.M.B. 1167, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State. In addition, completed reference forms should be forwarded to the email address which is stated in the admissions form. Admissions will not normally be offered without transcript and completed reference forms.
- Please, ensure that all e-mail addresses provided are valid.
- All information uploaded and provided must be correct to avoid being disqualified.
AKSU PG FORM CLOSING DATE
The management has announced that the closing date is 31st of March, 2023. All forms must be submitted on or before 11:59 PM.
I hope this has helped? Do you have any questions as regards Akwa Ibom state university, Ado-Ekiti PG part-time form 2023/2024? Please reach out to us via the comment section or our contact us page.