The scheme of work for Basic Technology for JSS 2 (Junior Secondary schools one) in Nigeria has been made unified as approved by the ministry of education. Being unified means all schools be it private or government-owned are to adopt the same scheme as it is approved for preparing students for Basic Technology exams in the West African Junior Secondary Certificate Examination.
The government-approved scheme of work for JSS 2 Basic Technology for all topics is now available on our platform. This unified (used in all states) scheme of work covers all topics ranging from first term to third term which starts with introduction and revision of the previous term, midterm breaks, revision, examination, and vacation.
The JSS 2 Basic Technology scheme of work government-approved subjects for all primary schools in Nigeria makes this scheme of work very important. It is the government revised scheme for all topics for JSS 2 Basic Technology and it is applicable to all states. That is, schools (Private and government-owned) operating in all states in Nigeria are advised to make use of this scheme of work as it contains the approved curriculum.
Basic Technology is a compulsory subject because they form the core foundation of development for students in secondary school level up to the higher institution. It is required amongst other subjects as an important subject combination in JAMB.
The JSS 2 Basic Technology scheme of work seen here is the latest revised unified scheme of work according to the Ministry of Education. It is applicable in all states, it is the approved scheme for all Junior secondary school levels that must be compulsorily adopted by all schools in Lagos, Ogun, Ibadan, Port Harcourt, Abuja, Anambra, Delta state and all states in Nigeria be it private or public schools because it is from the scheme of work that WAEC questions in Basic Technology are curled out from.
The government-approved JSS 2 Basic Technology scheme of work here, states all the topics to be treated and how they should be taught. Teaching students in secondary schools require deep explanation and practical examples, that is, teachers need to be more practical in their teaching. Nowadays, audio-visual means are now being adopted by majorly private schools in teaching JSS 2 Basic Technology as it helps the students better assimilate and recollect what has been taught.
JSS 2 Basic Technology scheme of work here also highlights the time frame given to cover each subject because it is the government’s directive that all schools finish the academic session within the same time frame hence the need to cover all topics within the stipulated period which is usually within 11 to 12 weeks.
The government-approved scheme of work for JSS 2 Basic Technology is the same as the scheme of work used by all states. Say, for instance, the federal government-approved scheme of work JSS 2 Basic Technology is the same as the scheme of work used in the southern, eastern, and northern part of Nigeria.
In this post, we shall cover the followings:
- The government approved a unified scheme of work for JSS 2 Basic Technology for 2022
- The unified scheme of work for Basic Technology for JSS 2 (2022)
- Govt. approved scheme of work for JSS 2 Basic Technology for all 36 states in Nigeria including the FCT, Abuja.
- Government-approved scheme of work for JSS 2 Basic Technology first term.
- Government-approved scheme of work for JSS 2 Basic Technology 2nd term.
- Government-approved scheme of work for JSS 2 Basic Technology 3rd term.
Having listed the available JSS 2 Basic Technology scheme of work for 2022/2023 academic session, I will be providing the full scheme below. All you need to do is identify the subject you need and make do with the information for your personal consumption.
Government Approved Scheme of Work for JSS 2 Basic Technology 1st Term to 3rd Term 2022/2023 Session
BASIC TECHNOLOGY SCHEME OF WORK 2022 – FIRST TERM
- You and technology
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Analog and digital communication system and ICT access level
- First aid materials and uses of first aid
- Materials and processing
- Wood: uses of wood and types of wood
- Metals: uses of metals, and types of metals
- Ceramics uses of ceramics, and properties of ceramics
- Plastics and Rubber
- Uses of plastics and
- Types of plastics and rubber
BASIC TECHNOLOGY SCHEME OF WORK 2022 – SECOND TERM
- Geometrical Construction
- Plane figures
- Tools and Materials
- Metalwork hand tools
- Marking out tools
- Measuring tools
- Driving out tools
- Cutting out tools
- Energy-Based Technological Appliances
- Operation of a pressing iron
- Operation of an electric kettle
- Operation of cookers Water heater and gas lamp
- Operation of kerosene cooker
- Charcoal pressing iron
- Woodwork machines
- Metalwork machines
- Belt and Chain drill and gears
BASIC TECHNOLOGY SCHEME OF WORK 2022 – THIRD TERM
- Transmission of electricity
- Transmission of electricity at low and high frequency
- Components of the transmission system
- Building construction and building plan(site preparation)
- Mechanical tools used in site preparation
- Clearing of vegetation
- Setting out
- Setting out materials
- Foundation of building
- Types of foundation
- Introduction to maintenance
- Simple maintenance
- Care of common goods and domestic goods
- Care of domestic goods continues
- Maintenance of furniture, table, chair, bed, etc
I hope this has been helpful, especially for school owners, teachers, parents, and guardians who need it for the personal tutoring of their wards. The JSS 2 Basic Technology scheme of work 2022 is government approved for all subjects taught at the elementary stage (primary school) for 2022 so if you have any questions as regards the subject matter please feel free to reach out to me via the comment section below and I will respond accordingly.