The scheme of work for Business Studies for JSS 1 (Junior Secondary schools one) in Nigeria has been made unified as approved by the ministry of education. Being unified means all schools be it private or government-owned are to adopt the same scheme as it is approved for preparing students for Business Studies exams in the West African Junior Secondary Certificate Examination.
The government-approved scheme of work for JSS 1 Business Studies for all topics is now available on our platform. This unified (used in all states) scheme of work covers all topics ranging from first term to third term which starts with introduction and revision of the previous term, midterm breaks, revision, examination, and vacation.
The JSS 1 Business Studies scheme of work government-approved subjects for all primary schools in Nigeria make this scheme of work very important. It is the government revised scheme for all topics for JSS 1 Business Studies and it is applicable to all states. That is, schools (Private and government-owned) operating in all states in Nigeria are advised to make use of this scheme of work as it contains the approved curriculum.
Business Studies is a compulsory subject because they form the core foundation of development for students in secondary school level up to the higher institution. It is required amongst other subjects as an important subject combination in JAMB.
The JSS 1 Business Studies scheme of work seen here is the latest revised unified scheme of work according to the Ministry of Education. It is applicable in all states, it is the approved scheme for all Junior secondary school levels that must be compulsorily adopted by all schools in Lagos, Ogun, Ibadan, Port Harcourt, Abuja, Anambra, Delta state and all states in Nigeria be it private or public schools because it is from the scheme of work that WAEC questions in Business Studies are curled out from.
The government-approved JSS 1 Business Studies scheme of work here, states all the topics to be treated and how they should be taught. Teaching students in secondary schools require deep explanation and practical examples, that is, teachers need to be more practical in their teaching. Nowadays, audio-visual means are now being adopted by majorly private schools in teaching JSS 1 Business Studies as it helps the students better assimilate and recollect what has been taught.
JSS 1 Business Studies scheme of work here also highlights the time frame given to cover each subject because it is the government’s directive that all schools finish the academic session within the same time frame hence the need to cover all topics within the stipulated period which is usually within 11 to 12 weeks.
The government-approved scheme of work for JSS 1 Business Studies is the same as the scheme of work used by all states. Say, for instance, the federal government-approved scheme of work JSS 1 Business Studies is the same as the scheme of work used in the southern, eastern and northern part of Nigeria.
In this post, we shall cover the followings:
- The government approved a unified scheme of work for JSS 1 Business Studies for 2023
- The unified scheme of work for Business Studies for JSS 1 (2023)
- Govt. approved scheme of work for JSS 1 Business Studies for all 36 states in Nigeria including the FCT, Abuja.
- Government-approved scheme of work for JSS 1 Business Studies first term.
- Government-approved scheme of work for JSS 1 Business Studies 2nd term.
- Government-approved scheme of work for JSS 1 Business Studies 3rd term.
Having listed the available JSS 1 Business Studies scheme of work for 2023/2024 academic session, I will be providing the full scheme below. All you need to do is identify the subject you need and make do with the information for your personal consumption.
Government Approved Scheme of Work for JSS 1 Business Studies 1st Term to 3rd Term 2023/2024 Session
BUSINESS STUDIES SCHEME OF WORK 2023 – FIRST TERM
- Introduction to business studies
- -Objectives of business studies
- -Branches of business studies
- What is an office?
- Types of office
- -Advantages of a closed office
- -Disadvantages of closed office
- -Advantages of an open office
- -Disadvantages of open office
- Source documents i.e. cheque, receipt, invoices, local purchase order, Why are cheques dishonored?
- What is a ledger?
- Properties of ledger, sample drawing of ledger account.
- Terms associated with the ledger and double entry.
BUSINESS STUDIES SCHEME OF WORK 2023 – SECOND TERM
- Business transaction
- Sales and purchase journals Cash and credit transactions
- Returns inwards and outward journal and the tabular representations.
- Simple cash book (Double entry)
- Various departments in an organization
- Qualities of a clerical staff
BUSINESS STUDIES SCHEME OF WORK 2023 – THIRD TERM
- Forms and types of industrial production.
- Factors of production: Land, Labour, Capital, Entrepreneur
- Business organization (formations and types).
- Relationship between producers and
- Advantages of Insurance
- METHODS OF BUYING
- Sample Method
- Inspection Method Description and grade method Auction method
- TRADE Meaning
- Home and foreign trade Visible Imports and Exports Invisible imports and exports Wholesale and Retail trade
- Mail-order business – Its advantages and disadvantage
- DOUBLE ENTRY PRINCIPLE Meaning
I hope this has been helpful, especially for school owners, teachers, parents, and guardians who need it for the personal tutoring of their wards. The JSS 1 Business Studies scheme of work 2023 is government approved for all subjects taught at the elementary stage (primary school) for 2023 so if you have any questions as regards the subject matter please feel free to reach out to me via the comment section below and I will respond accordingly.