The scheme of work for Computer for JSS 1 (Junior Secondary schools one) in Nigeria has been made unified as approved by the ministry of education. Being unified means all schools be it private or government-owned are to adopt the same scheme as it is approved for preparing students for Computer exams in the West African Junior Secondary Certificate Examination.
The government-approved scheme of work for JSS 1 Computer for all topics is now available on our platform. This unified (used in all states) scheme of work covers all topics ranging from first term to third term which starts with introduction and revision of the previous term, midterm breaks, revision, examination, and vacation.
The JSS 1 Computer scheme of work government-approved subjects for all primary schools in Nigeria makes this scheme of work very important. It is the government revised scheme for all topics for JSS 1 Computer and it is applicable to all states. That is, schools (Private and government-owned) operating in all states in Nigeria are advised to make use of this scheme of work as it contains the approved curriculum.
Computer is a compulsory subject because they form the core foundation of development for students in secondary school level up to the higher institution. It is required amongst other subjects as an important subject combination in JAMB.
The JSS 1 Computer scheme of work seen here is the latest revised unified scheme of work according to the Ministry of Education. It is applicable in all states, it is the approved scheme for all Junior secondary school levels that must be compulsorily adopted by all schools in Lagos, Ogun, Ibadan, Port Harcourt, Abuja, Anambra, Delta state and all states in Nigeria be it private or public schools because it is from the scheme of work that WAEC questions in Computer are curled out from.
The government-approved JSS 1 Computer scheme of work here, states all the topics to be treated and how they should be taught. Teaching students in secondary schools require deep explanation and practical examples, that is, teachers need to be more practical in their teaching. Nowadays, audio-visual means are now being adopted by majorly private schools in teaching JSS 1 Computer as it helps the students better assimilate and recollect what has been taught.
JSS 1 Computer scheme of work here also highlights the time frame given to cover each subject because it is the government’s directive that all schools finish the academic session within the same time frame hence the need to cover all topics within the stipulated period which is usually within 11 to 12 weeks.
The government-approved scheme of work for JSS 1 Computer is the same as the scheme of work used by all states. Say, for instance, the federal government-approved scheme of work JSS 1 Computer is the same as the scheme of work used in the southern, eastern, and northern part of Nigeria.
In this post, we shall cover the followings:
- The government approved a unified scheme of work for JSS 1 Computer for 2022
- The unified scheme of work for Computer for JSS 1 (2022)
- Govt. approved scheme of work for JSS 1 Computer for all 36 states in Nigeria including the FCT, Abuja.
- Government-approved scheme of work for JSS 1 Computer first term.
- Government-approved scheme of work for JSS 1 Computer 2nd term.
- Government-approved scheme of work for JSS 1 Computer 3rd term.
Having listed the available JSS 1 Computer scheme of work for 2022/2023 academic session, I will be providing the full scheme below. All you need to do is identify the subject you need and make do with the information for your personal consumption.
Government Approved Scheme of Work for JSS 1 Computer 1st Term to 3rd Term 2022/2023 Session
COMPUTER SCHEME OF WORK 2022 – FIRST TERM
1) FUNDAMENTALS OF COMPUTER
- Constituents of a computer
- Hardware: System unit, Peripherals
- Software: System software, Application software
- Characteristics of a computer with computer Terminology
2) DATA AND INFORMATION:
- Definitions of data and information Examples of data and information Differences between data and information How the computer process data Diagrammatic representation of a computer
3) COMPUTATION DEVICES I (PRE-COMPUTER AGE TO 19TH CENTURY)
- The Abacus
- Features, components, and uses Napier’s Bone
- Features, components, and uses Slide Rule
- Features, components, and uses
- Pascal’s Calculator, Leibnitz multipliers, Jacquards Loom Charles Babbage
- Difference and Analytic engine, Augusta Ada Byron, Hollerith Census machine,
- Punched cards, Burroughs, the comptometer, and the cash register.
4) COMPUTING DEVICES II (20TH CENTURY TO DATE)
- Antana soft Berry computer, Electronic Numerical integrator, and calculator
- Electronic Discrete Variable Automatic Computer Universal Automatic Computer
- Desktop Personal Computer Laptops and Notebooks
- Difference between laptop and Notebooks Other forms of portable devices.
COMPUTER SCHEME OF WORK 2022 – SECOND TERM
1) INPUT DEVICES: Definition
- Types of Input devices
- The computer keyboard: Types, Functions, commands
- The mouse: Type, function, features, etc.
- Pointing stick, joystick, trackball, bar code reader, optical character recognition, magnetic ink character recognition, etc.
2) OUTPUT DEVICES:
- Definition of Output Devices
- Monitor: Types of monitor
- Types of screen display
- Printers: Functions of printer, types of printer
- Video graphic cards and sound cards etc
3) COMPUTER SYSTEM SOFTWARE: Definitions, types, categories of application packages
5) PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES: Definitions, different levels of programming languages, advantages, and disadvantages of the different levels of programming language.
6) FIFTH GENERATION PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE
COMPUTER SCHEME OF WORK 2022 – THIRD TERM
1) COMMUNICATION SYSTEM:
- Definition of I.C.T,
- Types of I.C.T
- Data Networks
- Information system and satellite communications.
2) APPLICATION AREAS OF I.C.T
- Tele presence
- Tele commuting
- Video conferencing
- Telecommunication and networking
- Multimedia Message Services (MMS)
- Instant messaging
3) I.C.T BASED GADGETS
4) BASIC COMPUTER OPERATIONS – Booting, Description of the booting process, types of booting, components of the windows desktop. Practicals on other simple basic computer operations.
5) WORD PROCESSING – Definitions, examples of Word Processor features of Word Processor
6) PRESENTATION PACKAGE – Definitions, examples of a presentation package, features of Word Processor using the presentation package.
I hope this has been helpful, especially for school owners, teachers, parents, and guardians who need it for the personal tutoring of their wards. The JSS 1 Computer scheme of work 2022 is government approved for all subjects taught at the elementary stage (primary school) for 2022 so if you have any questions as regards the subject matter please feel free to reach out to me via the comment section below and I will respond accordingly.