Covenant University school of postgraduate studies through the management of the university has announced the sale of Covenant University postgraduate admission form for 2023/2024 academic session. Covenant University PG form is made available online for candidates interested in running a postgraduate programme at Covenant University and must have met the PG admission requirement for the proposed programme.
This post will serve as a guide in applying for Covenant University postgraduate application form both for first time applicants and returning applicants as it would cover every grey area about Covenant University PG admission form which includes the commencement date for sale of Covenant University PG admission form, the application procedure, duration of all PG programmes, cost of the PG form and the closing date of Covenant University PG admission form.
Before we proceed, as usual, based on the challenges faced by past Covenant University PG applicants in their application process, I thought it necessary to address them all in order for you to avoid encountering such in your registration.
I will be listing all the frequently asked questions as it relates to Covenant University postgraduate admission form. These questions as stated above is from past and current applicants. It is advised you note them down as it would assist in your application process.
The Covenant University format below indicates the FAQs and their appropriate answers with regards to Covenant University PG form after which I will make available, Covenant University postgraduate general admission requirements, how to apply for Covenant University postgraduate admission form.
FAQs on Covenant University PG Admission Form
Q – Is Covenant University postgraduate admission form 2023/2024out?
A – Covenant University PG admission form is out and the online application has begun..
Q – How can I apply for Covenant University PG admission form?
A – Covenant University PG part time registration procedure has been provided below as approved by the management of the university.
Q – How much is Covenant University PG admission form?
A – Cost of Covenant University PG admission form is twenty thousand naira (N20,000.00) only.
Q – I am still running my NYSC, can I apply for Covenant University PG form?
A – The answer is NO. Only candidates with NYSC discharge certificate are eligible to apply for Covenant University postgraduate form.
Q – I have NYSC exemption letter, can I apply for Covenant University PG application form?
A – Yes you are eligible, all you need to do is present your exemption letter
Q – What is the closing date of Covenant University PG admission form?
A – Covenant University PG form closing date is 31st August, 2023
The above are the FAQs on Covenant University University postgraduate admission form for both current and prospective applicants. However, please feel free to ask questions via the comment section should you have any.
Covenant University PG admission form application procedure will be a seamless one because I will simplify the application steps required to apply for the admission form so that new and prospective applicants can apply with ease. Applicants who have previously registered and participated in the prior registration exercise but were unsuccessful can also benefit from the information provided here.
Covenant University postgraduate admission form application process this academic session is the same step used by applicants during the previous session, the only major difference is the closing date of the application form. Going by the above information, it is important to point that the schools that are affiliated to Covenant University PG school are to follow the application steps outlined below but first let’s go through the requirements for applying for the form online.
Requirements for Applying for Covenant University Postgraduate Admission Form
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
1) Interested candidates shall complete the application form on the University portal and provide all relevant documents as specified on the application form, including the following documents;
- Certificates of degrees and/or diplomas
- Academic transcripts
- Reference letters
- Statement of purpose
- Concept note on the proposed area of research
- Nomination of potential supervisor(s) from the department of their interests.
2) Candidates are expected to interact with the departmental websites via the School of Postgraduate Studies website for the potential supervisor’s, academic, and research profile.
3) Candidates who are Nigerian citizens shall, in addition, provide the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) discharge, exemption, or exclusion certificate. Each candidate shall request and ensure that the institution(s) attended process and forward official academic transcript(s) directly to the Dean, School of Postgraduate Studies.
Note – Only candidates whose transcripts have been received shall be considered for admission
Masters Degree Programme
- Candidates seeking admission into the Master’s degree Programme of Covenant University shall possess a Bachelor’s degree from Covenant University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Covenant University. Preferably, candidates with First Class, Second Class (Upper Division) and Second Class (Lower Division with a minimum CGPA of 3.00) in the relevant disciplines may apply.
- The minimum duration of study for the award of the Masters’s degree is two academic sessions for full-time.
PH.D. DEGREE PROGRAMME
- Candidates seeking admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree Programme of Covenant University shall possess the Bachelor and Master’s Degrees of Covenant University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Covenant University in the relevant disciplines. To qualify for direct entry into the Ph.D. degree the programme, a candidate shall have a minimum CGPA of 4.00 on a 5.00scale or equivalent (60%) in the Master’s (M.A/M.Sc/M.Eng/M.Tech) degree result.
- Candidates who graduated with CGPA of 3.50–3.99 on a 5.00point scale or equivalent (55–59%) in the Master’s degree may be considered for M.Phil/Ph.D programme.
- Covenant University shall award M.Phil degree to M.Phil/Ph.D. candidate who fails to meet up with a minimum CGPA of 4.00upon the completion of coursework examination. Such candidate shall proceed to write a Dissertation and upon successful defence of the Dissertation, the candidate shall be awarded an M.Phil degree in the respective discipline. The M.Phil/Ph.D. programme is intended to prepare candidates for the Ph.D. degree.
- Candidates with professional Master’s degrees are not eligible for the Ph.D. programme except they obtained M.Sc/M.A/M.Eng degrees in the relevant fields. The minimum duration of study for the award of Ph.D. degree is three academic sessions.
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA)
- Covenant University offers Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree Programme with options inAccounting, Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management, and Entrepreneurship.
- Candidates seeking admission to the MBA degree Programme shall possess a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline with at least a second class lower division from Covenant University or any other university recognized by the Senate. Applicants are to note that all postgraduate programmes in Covenant University are on a full-time basis except M.Sc/ACIB Finance programme which operates on a part-time.
ADDITIONAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS
Additional opportunities for Masters/Ph.D. degree students include the following:
- Industrial/professional experience via our internship programme.
- Covenant University International Excellence Scholarship (CUIES) positions details of this scholarship programme could be accessed at the School of Postgraduate Studies website or Covenant University International Office and Linkage website covenantuniversity.iol.com.ng
- Postgraduate students may benefit from the Student exchange programme to conduct their research in laboratories in some partnering foreign Universities with Covenant University.
Photocopies of NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificates, photocopies of all qualifying credentials, including O’level must be attached to the completed application forms. Candidates should arrange for their transcripts to be sent directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Non-receipt of transcripts in time is at the detriment of the applicant.
DURATION OF STUDIES
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- Full-Time Diploma: Minimum of one academic sessionand a maximum of two.
Masters Degree Programmes
- Full-Time: A minimum of two academic sessionsand a maximum of three.
- Full-Time: A minimum of three academic sessionsand a maximum of five.
How To Apply for Covenant University Postgraduate Admission Form
Step 1 – Click on Become an Applicant to register
Step 2 – To login in, check your email for the unique code sent
Step 3 – Browse for the available programs and apply for your preferred program.
Step 4 – Select your programme and continue with your application.
Click HERE to start your application.
Note that you will be required to submit your academic transcript as part of the application process as failure to do so will be automatic disqualification.
Covenant University PG FORM CLOSING DATE
Covenant University postgraduate form application deadline is 31st August, 2023. The application portal will be shut down and all completed forms must be submitted on or before the due date. Note that there shall be no further extension of the closing date.
I Hope you understand the steps provided above? Do you have any questions as regards the Covenant University PG admission form for 2023/2024 session? Please reach out to us via the comment section or our contact us page and we shall respond accordingly.
Do not forget to share this post with others via the social media buttons below so others can benefit from it.