The scheme of work for English Language for JSS 1 (Junior Secondary schools one) in Nigeria has been made unified as approved by the ministry of education. Being unified means all schools be it private or government-owned are to adopt the same scheme as it is approved for preparing students for English Language exams in the West African Junior Secondary Certificate Examination.
The government-approved scheme of work for JSS 1 English Language for all topics is now available on our platform. This unified (used in all states) scheme of work covers all topics ranging from first term to third term which starts with introduction and revision of the previous term, midterm breaks, revision, examination, and vacation.
The JSS 1 English Language scheme of work government-approved subjects for all primary schools in Nigeria makes this scheme of work very important. It is the government revised scheme for all topics for JSS 1 English Language and it is applicable to all states. That is, schools (Private and government-owned) operating in all states in Nigeria are advised to make use of this scheme of work as it contains the approved curriculum.
English Language is a compulsory subject because they form the core foundation of development for students in secondary school level up to the higher institution. It is required amongst other subjects as an important subject combination in JAMB.
The JSS 1 English Language scheme of work seen here is the latest revised unified scheme of work according to the Ministry of Education. It is applicable in all states, it is the approved scheme for all Junior secondary school levels that must be compulsorily adopted by all schools in Lagos, Ogun, Ibadan, Port Harcourt, Abuja, Anambra, Delta state and all states in Nigeria be it private or public schools because it is from the scheme of work that WAEC questions in English Language are curled out from.
The government-approved JSS 1 English Language scheme of work here, states all the topics to be treated and how they should be taught. Teaching students in secondary schools require deep explanation and practical examples, that is, teachers need to be more practical in their teaching. Nowadays, audio-visual means are now being adopted by majorly private schools in teaching JSS 1 English Language as it helps the students better assimilate and recollect what has been taught.
JSS 1 English Language scheme of work here also highlights the time frame given to cover each subject because it is the government’s directive that all schools finish the academic session within the same time frame hence the need to cover all topics within the stipulated period which is usually within 11 to 12 weeks.
The government-approved scheme of work for JSS 1 English Language is the same as the scheme of work used by all states. Say, for instance, the federal government-approved scheme of work JSS 1 English Language is the same as the scheme of work used in the southern, eastern and northern part of Nigeria.
In this post, we shall cover the followings:
- The government approved a unified scheme of work for JSS 1 English Language for 2023
- The unified scheme of work for English Language for JSS 1 (2023)
- Govt. approved scheme of work for JSS 1 English Language for all 36 states in Nigeria including the FCT, Abuja.
- Government-approved scheme of work for JSS 1 English Language first term.
- Government-approved scheme of work for JSS 1 English Language 2nd term.
- Government-approved scheme of work for JSS 1 English Language 3rd term.
Having listed the available JSS 1 English Language scheme of work for 2023/2024 academic session, I will be providing the full scheme below. All you need to do is identify the subject you need and make do with the information for your personal consumption.
Government Approved Scheme of Work for JSS 1 English Language 1st Term to 3rd Term 2023/2024 Session
ENGLISH LANGUAGE SCHEME OF WORK 2023 – FIRST TERM
- Introduction to speech production Vocabulary associated with building portative’s Introduction to literature 1 functions
- The discounted fish Vowel / / and /D/ Vocabulary associated with transport Genres of literature-prose and poetry
- Adjectives Consonants /f/ and /v/
- How to make a candle stand
- Feature of drama as a genre of literature
- Vowels / /
- Vocabulary associated with home and family figure of speech
- Writing composition using simple sentences /paragraphing
- The simple English sentence
- Vowels /i/ and /s/
- Poem analysis
- Consonant /p/ and /b/
- Noun phrases and quantifies
- The zeal for secondary school on the day school began
- Vocabulary associated with the school
- Informal letters
- Play analysis of ‘Tears of a Bride”
- Consonants /t/ and /d/
- Hard work has a reward
- A play analysis of ‘Tears of a Bride’ By Oyekunle Oyedeli
ENGLISH LANGUAGE SCHEME OF WORK 2023 – SECOND TERM
- Subject and object pronouns and possession
- Debate writing
- Vocabulary associated with the market
- literary appreciation
- Vowels/u:/ and / /
- Singular and plural verbs
- The verb phrase
- Vocabulary associated with water transfer
- Vocabulary associated with rail transport
- Vowel s / / and / /
- Narrative essay
- Adverbs and adverbials
- Consonants /k/ and /g/
- Consonant clusters
- Vocabulary associated with farming thematic analysis
The founding of the Benin Kingdom
- Compound sentence
- Vocabulary associated with agriculture
- Figure of speech
- Vowel / /
- Letter writing
- Informal letters
- Simple sentences
- Consonants /ts/ / /
ENGLISH LANGUAGE SCHEME OF WORK 2023 – THIRD TERM
- Punctuation marks – Hyphen, colon, Brackets, and apostrophe
- Vocabulary associated with Islamic religions vowel
- Complex Sentences relative clauses
- Register associated with government and polities
- Consonant /o/ and / /
- Tears of a bride
- Future Tenses
- Vowel /e/
- Apostrophes ( )
- The police
- Tears of a Bride continued
- Report writing
- Consonants / / and / /
- Vocabulary associated with corruption
- Poetry “My Mother”
- Preposition in phrases of time
- Capital letters
- Reading from main ideas
- Wrong decision
- Duration – while+ clauses, until + phrases
- Vocabulary associated with cultism
- The taxi driver
- Week 7:
- Complex sentences adverbial clauses vowel / /
Vowel / /
- The use of semi colons c: y
- Dramat : C prose
- Consonants / / and / /
- Writing a diary
I hope this has been helpful, especially for school owners, teachers, parents, and guardians who need it for the personal tutoring of their wards. The JSS 1 English Language scheme of work 2023 is government approved for all subjects taught at the elementary stage (primary school) for 2023 so if you have any questions as regards the subject matter please feel free to reach out to me via the comment section below and I will respond accordingly.