Federal University of Technology school of postgraduate studies through the management of the university has announced the sale of FUTO postgraduate admission form for 2023/2024 academic session. FUTO PG form is made available online for candidates interested in running a postgraduate programme at FUTO and must have met the PG admission requirement for the proposed programme.
This post will serve as a guide in applying for FUTO postgraduate application form both for first time applicants and returning applicants as it would cover every grey area about FUTO PG admission form which includes the commencement date for sale of FUTO PG admission form, the application procedure, duration of all PG programmes, cost of the PG form and the closing date of FUTO PG admission form.
Before we proceed, as usual, based on the challenges faced by past FUTO PG applicants in their application process, I thought it necessary to address them all in order for you to avoid encountering such in your registration.
I will be listing all the frequently asked questions as it relates to FUTO postgraduate admission form. These questions as stated above is from past and current applicants. It is advised you note them down as it would assist in your application process.
The FUTO format below indicates the FAQs and their appropriate answers with regards to FUTO PG form after which I will make available, FUTO postgraduate general admission requirements, how to apply for FUTO postgraduate admission form.
FAQs on FUTO PG Admission Form
Q – Is FUTO postgraduate admission form 2023/2024out?
A – FUTO PG admission form is out and the online application has begun..
Q – How can I apply for FUTO PG admission form?
A – FUTO PG part time registration procedure has been provided below as approved by the management of the university.
Q – How much is FUTO PG admission form?
A – Cost of FUTO PG admission form is eleven thousand, three hundred naira (N11,300.00) only.
Q – I am still running my NYSC, can I apply for FUTO PG form?
A – The answer is NO. Only candidates with NYSC discharge certificate are eligible to apply for FUTO postgraduate form.
Q – I have NYSC exemption letter, can I apply for FUTO PG application form?
A – Yes you are eligible, all you need to do is present your exemption letter
Q – What is the closing date of FUTO PG admission form?
A – FUTO PG form closing date is yet to be announced.
The above are the FAQs on Federal University of Technology postgraduate admission form for both current and prospective applicants. However, please feel free to ask questions via the comment section should you have any.
FUTO PG admission form application procedure will be a seamless one because I will simplify the application steps required to apply for the admission form so that new and prospective applicants can apply with ease. Applicants who have previously registered and participated in the prior registration exercise but were unsuccessful can also benefit from the information provided here.
Federal University of Technology postgraduate admission form application process this academic session is the same step used by applicants during the previous session, the only major difference is the closing date of the application form. Going by the above information, it is important to point that the schools that are affiliated to FUTOPG school are to follow the application steps outlined below but first let’s go through the requirements for applying for the form online.
Requirements for Applying for FUTO Postgraduate Admission Form
A candidate applying for Postgraduate Studies in the Federal University of Technology, must have obtained five (5) Credits in WAEC, NECO, NABTEB and GCE (O’Level) or their equivalents including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings. No admission shall be made on the basis of any awaiting results and no exemption is made for admission into any programme.
- Candidates for admission for any of PhD Programme shall be Master Degree graduates of the Federal University of Technology, or any other University recognized by the Senate or holders of equivalent qualifications acceptable to the University Senate (Not professional masters).
- A Master Degree holder applying for PhD Programme of the University must have maintained a weighted score average of 60% or a ‘B’ grade or a CGPA of 3.50 out of 5.00 in overall performance in the Master Degree programme.
- Appropriate courses may be prescribed for candidates whose background is considered weak for the areas of specialization. This is done at the discretion of the School/Department within the approved general regulations/guidelines of the Postgraduate School.
MASTER DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- A Minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division) degree from Federal University of Technology, or any other recognized University.
- A Third Class Honours Degree with at least 3 years graduation experience in relevant fields may be considered. In some areas, passing a qualifying examination to be administered by the Department of the candidates, in consultation with the Postgraduate School, may be required.
- Candidates with HND with a minimum of Lower Credit, OND Lower Credit and a Postgraduate Diploma in relevant field with, at least a minimum of Lower Credit and one year graduation experience may be considered.
- For avoidance of doubt, candidates with PASS grade at any level Degree, PGD, HND and OND do not qualify for admission to the PhD/ Master/PGD Programmes. No Diploma candidate with CGPA less than 2.50 qualifies for admission into the Master Degree Programmes.
- Where examination is required as in the case of (ii) and (iii) above, an examination fee of N2000.00 will be charged outside the cost of Postgraduate application forms.
- In all cases of admission the final decision on qualified candidates rests with the Postgraduate School Board. Candidates with Science-based background are normally considered.
- All Master Degree Programmes require course work components in addition to research work components. There is no exemption. A Thesis must be defended and submitted for a student to qualify and graduate.
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
- First degree in relevant areas from any recognized university.
- Candidates with a minimum of Lower Credit at HND level are eligible for admission
- Candidates with PASS grade are not eligible for admission.
Photocopies of NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificates, photocopies of all qualifying credentials, including O’level must be attached to the completed application forms. Candidates should arrange for their transcripts to be sent directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Non-receipt of transcripts in time is at the detriment of the applicant.
DURATION OF STUDIES
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- Full-Time Diploma: Minimum of one academic sessionand a maximum of two.
Masters Degree Programmes
- Full-Time: A minimum of two academic sessionsand a maximum of three.
- Full-Time: A minimum of three academic sessionsand a maximum of five.
How To Apply for FUTO Postgraduate Admission Form
Step 1: Go to the FUTO Website
Step 2: Click on Prospective Students.
Step 3: Go to PG Application Form (2022/2023)
Step 4: Click on Online Application for PG (Regular) or CCE (PG) Weekend Programme or Institute of Women, Gender and Development Studies or Institute for Erosion Studies or Public Procurement Research Centre application
Step 5: Click on Generate (2022/2023) PG Application Invoice
Step 6: Enter your e-mail Address
Step 7: Click on Sign In
Step 8: Print your invoice containing your RRR number (Remita Retrieval Reference) and proceed to the bank for payment or make payment via ATM card.
Step 9: Go to any bank with your invoice and pay a non-refundable fee of Eleven thousand three hundred naira (N11,300.00) for FUTO PGS or CCE or IWoGDS or IES or PPRC application depending on your interest.
Step 10: Return to Step 4 above
Step 11: Click on Fill PG Application form
Step 12: Enter your Remita Number from the bank
Step 13: Fill the online form accordingly
NOTE: Make sure the referee’s email address supplied is valid as a referee form link would be sent to your referees for completion online.
Step 14: Print out a copy of the Acknowledgement Slip when the form is completed. Also, an acknowledgement would be sent to the email address you provided while filling the form. Therefore make sure you provide a valid personal e-mail address.
Click HERE to start your application.
FUTO PG FORM CLOSING DATE
All forms must be submitted on or before the 28th of February, 2022. Please note that there shall be no extension of the closing date.
I Hope you understand the steps provided above? Do you have any questions as regards the FUTO PG admission form for 2023/2024 session? Please reach out to us via the comment section or our contact us page and we shall respond accordingly.
Do not forget to share this post with others via the social media buttons below so others can benefit from it.