The lesson note for JSS1 Business Studies first term is now available for Tutors, parents, guardians and students who have been searching for an accurate and updated 2023 note.
Please note that the first term lesson note is curled out from the approved scheme of work for Junior Secondary school. So you can do your verification as well and compare the first term lesson note for JSS1 Business Studies as seen on the free PDF file made available towards the end of this post.
The JSS1 Business Studies lesson note for first term is in line with the 2023 JSS1 Business Studies scheme of work for the term. This means the JSS1 Business Studies lesson note is tailored towards achieving the aim and objective for the subject as mandated by the ministry of education.
Below is The Business Studies Scheme of work from which the Business Studies JSS1 first term lesson note was drafted from:
SCHEME OF WORK
- Introduction to Business studies: (i) Meaning and Scope of Business Studies (ii) Elements of Integrated Business Studies e.g. Accounts, Commerce. Office Practice etc (iii) Importance of Business Studies (iv) Components of Business Studies, Book-keeping, Keyboarding (v) Career opportunity
- An Office: (i) The meaning (ii) Types: Small and Large office (iii) Functions (iv)The different offices in an organization.
- Office staff:(a) Clerical Staff: (i) Meaning of Clerical Staff (ii) Functions (iii) Qualities (b) Confidentiality of an office information
4 Department in an office/organization and their functions
5 HONESTY IN BUSINESS
- Meaning of truthfulness
- Attributes of truthfulness
iii. Factors that can makes people to tell lies
- Rewards of truthfulness
- Rewards of not being truthful
- Fair play
- Introduction to Commerce:(a) Meaning of Commerce, Importance of Commerce (b) Activities that aid commerce,
- Division of Commerce:Commerce: (a) Division – Home, Foreign Trade (b) Types: (i) Home Trade – Wholesale, Retail. (ii) Foreign Trade: Import, Export.
- Mid-term break
- Production:(a) Meaning (b) Types (i) Industry: Extractive, Manufacturing, Constructive
(ii) Commerce – Trade, Aids to Trade (iii) Services. (2) Effects of production on the environment/society
- Factors of production:Land, Labour, Capital and Entrepreneur.
- At the end of the lesson, the students should be able to understand and explainthe following concepts:
- What is Business Studies?
- Mention three objectives of Business Studies
- State five (5) components of Business Studies.
- How can you define Business Studies?
- State five Objectives of Business Studies.
- List five career opportunity available to those who study Business Studies
- What is an office?
- Name the two types of office with two examples each.
- Give functions of an office
- Name two types of office and two advantages of each
- Explain the meaning of a clerical staff.
- State 3 personal qualities of a clerical staff
- Mention four departments in the organization.
- Who is the head of Personnel Department?
The above are what is expected of a JSS1 student to know and be able to understand with ease. The JSS1 Business Studies first term lesson note here is aided with graphics so it makes it easier not just for the students but for the teachers too.
I have made the JSS1 Business Studies first term lesson note available in a PDF format for free download without any extra cost as this would ease the passage of knowledge from teachers to students without hinderances. It is a my little way of giving back to the educational sector where I belong.
All you need do is click the download button below to get the PDF file of the Business Studies first term lesson note for first term.
JSS1 Business Studies First Term Lesson Note 2023
To get the updated JSS1 Business Studies first term lesson note for 2023 please see the download button below. You can save to your personal device so it can be accessed anytime.
DOWNLOAD JSS1 Business Studies LN IST TERM DOC File
I hope the above has helped? Please feel free to ask questions as regards the Business Studies approved JSS1 Business Studies first term lesson note for 2023 if you have any and I will be glad to assist.
Kindly make use of the share button below so others can gain from this vital piece of information.