Lagos State University, School of postgraduate studies through the management of the university has announced the sale of LASU postgraduate admission form for 2022/2023 academic session. LASU PG form is made available online for candidates interested in running a postgraduate programme at LASU and must have met the PG admission requirement for the proposed programme.
This post will serve as a guide in applying for LASU postgraduate application form both for first-time applicants and returning applicants as it would cover every grey area about LASU PG admission form which includes the commencement date for the sale of LASU PG admission form, the application procedure, duration of all PG programmes, cost of the PG form and the closing date of LASU PG admission form.
Before we proceed, as usual, based on the challenges faced by past LASU PG applicants in their application process, I thought it necessary to address them all in order for you to avoid encountering such in your registration.
I will be listing all the frequently asked questions as it relates to LASU postgraduate admission form. These questions as stated above are from past and current applicants. It is advised you note them down as it would assist in your application process.
The LASU format below indicates the FAQs and their appropriate answers with regards to LASU PG form after which I will make available, LASU postgraduate general admission requirements, how to apply for LASU postgraduate admission form.
FAQs on LASUPG Admission Form
Q – Is LASU postgraduate admission form 2022/2023 out?
A – LASU PG admission form is out and the online application has begun.
Q – How can I apply for LASU PG admission form?
A – LASU PG part-time registration procedure has been provided below as approved by the management of the university.
Q – How much is LASU PG admission form?
A – Applicants are required to purchase the Lagos State University, School of Postgraduate Studies Form at a fee of N25,300 Only.
Q – I am still running my NYSC, can I apply for LASU PG form?
A – NYSC discharge certificate is an important document for applying for LASU postgraduate programme. Therefore without your NYSC discharge certificate, you cannot apply.
Q – I have NYSC exemption letter, can I apply for LASU PG application form?
A – Yes you are eligible, all you need to do is present your exemption letter
Q – What is the closing date of LASU PG admission form?
A – LASU PG form closing date is yet to be announced.
The above are the FAQs on Lagos State University, postgraduate admission form for both current and prospective applicants. However, please feel free to ask questions via the comment section should you have any.
LASU PG admission form application procedure will be a seamless one because I will simplify the application steps required to apply for the admission form so that new and prospective applicants can apply with ease. Applicants who have previously registered and participated in the prior registration exercise but were unsuccessful can also benefit from the information provided here.
Lagos State University, postgraduate admission form application process this academic session is the same step used by applicants during the previous session, the only major difference is the closing date of the application form. Going by the above information, it is important to point out that the schools that are affiliated to LASU PG school are to follow the application steps outlined below but first let’s go through the requirements for applying for the form online.
Requirements for Applying for LASU Postgraduate Admission Form
Lagos State University requires five  CREDIT passes including the English Language at Ordinary Level (GCE, WASC, SSCE, NECO, and NABTEB) for ALL courses and credit in MATHEMATICS at Ordinary Level for SCIENCE, SOCIAL SCIENCES, MANAGEMENT SCIENCES, and EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT courses.
FACULTY OF ARTS
Department of African Languages.
- Yoruba Literature & Culture
Department of History and International Studies
- Postgraduate Diploma in International Relations & Strategic Studies [PGDIRSS].
- Master in International Relations & Strategic Studies [MIRSS].
- A in History and Diplomacy
- Phil./Ph.D History and Diplomacy
- D History and Diplomacy
Department of Religions
- PGD Christian Religious Studies
- A. Christian Religious Studies
- Phil./Ph.D Christian Religious Studies
- PGD Islamic Studies
- A. Islamic Studies
- Phil./Ph.D Islamic Studies
- D Islamic Studies
Department of English
- A. English Language
- A. Literature in English
- Phil./Ph.D in English
- D in English
Department of Foreign Languages
- Master in Translation and Interpretation
- A. Arabic Studies
- Phil/Ph.D Arabic Studies
- D Arabic Studies
- A. French
- Phil/Ph.D French
- D French
Department of Theatre Arts and Music
Theatre Arts Programmes
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
- Master of Arts (M.A)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
- Postgraduate Diploma
- Master of Arts (M.A)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
DEPARTMENT OF PHILOSOPHY
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education – FT/PT
- B. Department of Educational Foundations & Counselling Psychology
- Ed.Counselling Psychology
- Phil/Ph.D. Counselling Psychology
- Ed Educational Psychology
- Phil/Ph.D Educational Psychology
- Ed Early Childhood Education
- Phil/Ph.D Early Childhood Education
- Ed Sociology of Education
- Phil/Ph.D Sociology of Education
- Ed Philosophy of Education
- Phil/Ph.D Philosophy of Education
Department of Physical and Health Education
- Edu Health Education
- /Ph.D Health Education
- Exercise Physiology
- /Ph.D Exercise Physiology
- Edu Psychology and Sociology of Sports
- /Ph.D Psychology and Sociology of Sports
- Ed Sports Management and Administration
- Phil./Ph.D Sports Management and Administration
Department of Educational Management
- D – Full Time
- MPhil/Ph.D – Full Time
- Ed. – Full Time
- Ed. – Part Time
- EM – Part Time
DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION
- Ed Science Education
- Phil/Ph.D Science Education
- Ed Mathematics Education
- Phil/Ph.D Mathematics Education
- Ed Educational Technology
- Phil/Ph.D Educational Technology
- Ed Computer Education
- Phil/Ph.D Computer Education
Department of Language, Arts & Social Science Education
- Ed. Language Education
- Phil/Ph.D Language Education
- D Lang. Education
- Ed. Curriculum and Instruction
- Phil/Ph.D Curriculum and Instruction
- D Curriculum and Instruction
- Ed. Social Studies Education
- Phil/Ph.D Social Studies Education
- D Social Studies Educ.
CENTRE FOR ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT EDUCATION (CESSED)
- PGD in Environmental Education [ FT/PT ]
- PGD in Environmental Resource Management [FT/PT]
- Master in Environmental Management (MEM) [PT]
- Sc. Environmental Education [FT]
- Sc. Environmental Resource Management [FT]
- Phil/Ph.D & Ph.D Environmental Education/Environmental Resource Management
CENTRE FOR PLANNING STUDIES
- Postgraduate Diploma in Planning Studies
- Master in Urban and Regional Planning
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Electronic and Computer Engineering
- Sc. Electronic and Computer Engineering
- Phil. /Ph.D Electronic and Computer Engineering
- D Electronic and Computer Engineering
Department of Chemical and Polymer Engineering
- PGD Chemical and Polymer Engineering
- Sc. Chemical and Polymer Engineering
- Phil/Ph.D Chemical and Polymer Engineering
- D Chemical and Polymer Engineering
Department of Mechanical Engineering
- PGD Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- /Ph.D Mechanical Engineering
- D Mechanical Engineering
FACULTY OF LAW
- M General Programme (Full time)
- LLM General Programme (Part time)
- LLM Maritime and Commercial Law Programme (Part time)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Maritime Law- PGDML
- Master of Legal Studies- MLS (Part time)
- M Taxation (Part time)
- MLS Taxation (Part time)
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
Department of Public Administration.
- PGD Public Administration
- Public Administration with specialization in:
- Human Resource Management
- Public Policy Making and Analysis
- Local Government Administration and Management
- Public Financial Management and Budgeting
- Master in Public Administration
- Phil/Ph.D Public Administration
- D Public Administration
Department of Industrial Relations and Personnel Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resources & Industrial Relations
- Master in Human Resources & Industrial Relations (M.HRIR)
- Sc. Human Resources & Industrial Relations
- Phil/Ph.D Human Resource Management
- D Human Resource Management
Department of Business Administration
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration
- Master in Business Administration (MBA)
iii M.Sc. Bus. Admin. FT/PT with specialization in:
- International Business
- Phil/Ph.D Buss. Administration
- PGD in Business Administration
Department of Accounting
- PGD Accounting
- Accounting – Full Time and Part time
- Phil/Ph.D Accounting
Department of Banking & Finance
- PGD Finance
Department of Management Technology
- PGD Project Management [PGDPM]
- Master of Project Management [MPM].
- Management Tech.
Department of Marketing
- PGD – Marketing
- Sc. Marketing – Full time and Part-time
- Phil./Ph.D Marketing
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
Department of Botany
- Sc. in Botany, Plant Pathology, Mycology, Plant Breeding & Genetics, Cytogenetic, Ecology, Taxonomy, Ecology Taxonomy, Plant Physiology, Ethno-medicine, Biosystematics, and Bioinformatics.
Department of Fisheries
- PGD Fisheries
- Sc. Fisheries
- Phil/Ph.D Fisheries
Department of Biochemistry
- Postgraduate Diploma in Industrial Biochemistry
- Sc. in Biochemistry
- Phil/Ph.D in Biochemistry
- PGD in Biochemistry
Department of Physics
- Master of Science in Physics
- Phil./Ph.D. in Physics
- D in Physics
Department of Computer Science
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Computer Science
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) Computer Science
- D. Computer Science
Department of Chemistry
- Postgraduate Diploma in Chemistry
- Sc. Chemistry
iii M.Phil./Ph.D. in;
- Organic Chemistry and Natural Products
- Analytical and Environmental Chemistry
- Physical and Inorganic Chemistry.
Department of Mathematics
- Postgraduate Diploma in Mathematics
- Sc. Mathematics.
iii. Ph.D Mathematics with specialization in
- Pure Mathematics
- Applied Mathematics
- Applicable Mathematics
Department of Zoology & Environmental Biology
- Zoology and Environmental Biology
- D Zoology and Environmental Biology
Department of Microbiology
- PGD Microbiology
- D Microbiology
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
Department of Economics
- PGD Economics
- Phil/Ph.D Economics
Department of Geography and Planning [Full & Part Time]
- Sc. Geography
- Phil./Ph.D Geography
- D Geography
Department of Sociology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Social Work
- Master in Social Work (MSW)
- Sc. Sociology
- /Ph.D Sociology
- PGD DSociology
Department of Political Science
- Sc. Political Science
- Phil./Ph.D Political Science
- PGD Political Science
Department of Psychology
- Sc. Psychology
- Phil./Ph.D Psychology
- D Psychology
- Master In Criminology, Security and Legal Psychology [MCSLP]
LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION (LASUSOC)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Communication Studies
- Master in Communication Studies (MCS)
- Master of Science Communication Studies
- Phil/Ph.D Communication Studies
SCHOOL OF TRANSPORT
- Master in Transport Planning
- Sc. – Transport & Logistics
- Phil./Ph.D Transport & Logistics
- D Transport & Logistics
COLLEGE OF MEDICINE (LASUCOM, IKEJA)
Department of Anatomy
- Sc. Anatomy
- Phil/Ph.D Anatomy
- D Anatomy
Department of Physiology
- Sc. Physiology
- Phil. /Ph.D Physiology
- D Physiology
- Department of Community Health & Primary Health Care
- Master in Public Health (MPH)
- Master of Occupational Health
iii. Master of Occupational Medicine
- Department of Medical Biochemistry
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
- Master of Science (M.Sc.)
iii. Master of Philosophy (M.Phil./Doctor of Philosophy [PhD]
iv Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D).
Photocopies of NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificates, photocopies of all qualifying credentials, including O’level must be attached to the completed application forms. Candidates should arrange for their transcripts to be sent directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Non-receipt of transcripts in time is at the detriment of the applicant.
DURATION OF STUDIES
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- Full-Time Diploma: Minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters.
- Part-Time Diploma: Minimum of three semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
Masters Degree Programmes
- Full-Time: A minimum of three semesters and a maximum of six semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of four semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Full-Time: A minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters
- Full-Time: A Minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters.
How To Apply for LASU Postgraduate Admission Form
Kindly follow the steps below for applying for the postgraduate admission form.
Step 1: Applicants are required to pay the sum of Twenty Five Thousand Three Hundred Naira (N25,300.00) nonrefundable application fee into LASU Account online.
All applicants shall be required to sit for the qualifying Entrance Examination on the Main Campus.
NOTE: Visit the University website
www.lasu.edu.ng for information on admission requirements.
LASU PG FORM CLOSING DATE
The sale of LASU PG forms will be closed on the 15th of February 2022.
Application forms for all programmes should be submitted online and a copy of the e-Registration slip printed out by the applicant.
- Candidates who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps assignment or their current Postgraduate programmes need not apply.
- All academic transcripts must be received latest two weeks after the close of the sale of forms.
- Request for transfer of processed application forms from one Department to another will not be entertained.
- Candidates must personally attend the selection and written examinations as make-up tests will not be conducted.
- Please include your E-mail address/phone number on the form.
For further information, please contact: email@example.com 08034544783 or 07081473512
Emmanuel A. Fanu
Registrar & Secretary to Governing Council
Hope this is well understood? Do you have any questions as regards the LASU PG application form? Please reach out to us via the comment section or our contact us page and we shall respond accordingly.
Do not forget to share this post with others via the social media buttons below so others can benefit from it.
Best of luck to all applicants.