The Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT) is a university in Nigeria that was founded as ASUTECH on July 30, 1980. The University was conceived with the aim to establish an institution that must be closely related to society, its industry and above all, serve as a catalyst in the technological advancement of the people, hence the university’s motto remains “Technology for Service”.
In this post aside listing all ESUT courses available in the institution, I will also be guiding you through their entry admission requirements as well as the all you need to know before selecting a course of study in the Enugu State University of Science and Technology.
Below is the list of what to look out for before choosing a course in ESUT.
- The Admission Requirements.
- The Subject combination for your course.
- Cut-Off Mark for the course.
The above are the 3 most important factors that can determine if you will be admitted to study your chosen course in ESUT or not.
I will breakdown the above 3 factors before listing the following according to the faculties they are categorized at ESUT:
- List of all Art Courses Offered in ESUT.
- List of all Science courses offered in ESUT.
- List of all Medical and Medical related courses offered in ESUT.
- List of all Social and Management courses offered by the Enugu State University of Science and Technology.
Now I will breakdown the 3 factors that you must take cognizance of when searching for courses offered in ESUT.
ESUT Admission Requirements
ESUT admission requirements is the first step you must take note of when searching for available courses in ESUT. At ESUT and other tertiary institutions, courses offered have their distinct entry requirements. However, some requirements are the same for courses under the same faculty.
- In ESUT for example, you must have obtained at least 5 credit passes in your O’level result which must include mathematics and English language and three other subjects as it relates to your course of study in not more than 2 sittings.
- You must have scored up to ESUT minimum cut off mark to be eligible for admission.
- Direct Entry Candidates MUST possess a minimum of Lower Credit in the National Diploma, a Merit in NCE or a minimum of 6 points in the IJMB Advanced Level.
Having noted the above, it’s time to list the courses offered in ESUT.
List of Accredited Courses Offered in ESUT
The list of courses offered in ESUT have been categorized under the faculty of Sciences, Arts, Engineering, Social sciences, Management science and faculty of education. Go through carefully to check if your ideal course is offered in the institution.
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE AND NATURAL RESOURCES
- Agricultural Economics & Extension
- Agronomy and Ecological Management
- Animal Science and Fish Management
- Food Science and Technology
FACULTY OF APPLIED NATURAL SCIENCES
- Applied Biochemistry
- Applied Biology
- Applied Microbiology
- Computer and Information Science
- Geology and Mining
- Industrial Chemistry
- Industrial Mathematics and Statistics
- Industrial Physics
FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Medicine and Surgery
- Nursing Sciences
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Education
- Business Education
- Computer Education
- Administration Supervision Education
- Biology Education
- Chemistry Education
- Management Education
- Mathematics Education
- Physics Educational
- Technology Guidance and Counseling
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Integrated Science Education
- Library and Information Science Technology
- Vocational Education
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
- Agricultural Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical and Production Engineering
- Metallurgical and Material Engineering
FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
- Architecture Building
- Estate Management Geography and Meteorology Quantity Surveying
- Surveying and Geo-informatics
- Urban and Regional Planning
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- Co-operative Economics
- Management Insurance
- Risk Management Marketing
- Mass Communication
- Public Administration
FACULTY OF LAW
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES AND HUMANITIES
- English and Literary Studies
- Political Science
- Psychology Sociology
FACULTY OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES
ESUT courses are wide in terms of scope of coverage. The university offers courses in almost every field that is beneficial to students. The above are the courses offered in the Enugu State University of Science and Technology that are currently accredited by the NUC (National Universities Commission).
Please note that the ESUT courses listed above are still offered in the institution so you can select any that suites your career path and if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me via the comment section below and I will answer your questions in accordance.