Lagos State has both private and government owned higher polytechnics which is in addition to already existing primary and secondary schools. Like other states, Lagos State recognizes that education is key to development hence the need for collaboration with the private sector for more higher educational institutions (polytechnics) to meet the educational demands of the already teeming population in the state.
Every academic session, students apply for admission so the need for schools that fall within their catchment area becomes necessary. This means that if you are from Lagos state, you will most often choose schools that fall within your catchment area because this gives you an edge in the admission selection process hence the increase in the search for schools in Lagos state.
In this article, I will briefly discuss the application process for each polytechnic on the list of schools in Lagos state that has been licensed and authorized by the National polytechnics Commission (NUC). If you’re searching for polytechnics in Lagos State, a generic search for “polytechnics in Lagos State” won’t do.
Here you’ll find both public and private Lagos State polytechnics, as well as any Federal polytechnics in the state. For the simple reason that the federal government has implemented a catchment area policy, which means that residents of a state who live outside of the catchment area cannot attend a federal polytechnic located within their own state, not all states have federal polytechnics. As an illustration of the foregoing as indicated above, you should consider reading about the Lagos State polytechnic catchment region.
So, let me go you over the schools that can be found in Lagos State. While freshmen applying to polytechnics in Lagos state would benefit the most from this data, people from many walks of life may find it useful for a variety of reasons.
What you should take away from this post are the following;
- Familiarity with the whole directory of LagosState’s private polytechnics.
- List if Licensed polytechnicsin LagosState, Lagosia
- List of any and all federal polytechnicsin Lagos
- List of state owned polytechnicsin Lagos
- Links to the list of courses that are currently offered in all polytechnicssited in Lagos
- You must have at least 5 credit passes that are related to your course of study.
- To be able to take part in their post-UTME screening exercise, you must get at least the minimum cut-off score.
According to the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board, this is the standard criteria for entry into all higher education institutions in Lagos State, even those that are publicly funded (JAMB).
LIST OF LAGOS STATE POLYTECHNICS, BOTH PUBLIC AND PRIVATE
In order of hierarchy, I will be listing the list of schools in Lagos State till date and embed in each list is the courses currently offered in the polytechnic.
FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC IN LAGOS STATE
STATE POLYTECHNIC IN LAGOS STATE
- Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH), Ikorodu, P.M.B. 21606, Ikeja, Lagos, Lagos State.
PRIVATE POLYTECHNIC IN LAGOS STATE
- Grace Polytechnic, Surulere, P.O. Box 9067, Lagos State.
- Kalac Christal Polytechnic, 1A, Sikiru Adewale Street, Opposite Shoprite, Sangotedo, Lekki, Lagos State.
- Lagos City Polytechnic, Ikeja, P.M.B. 21200, Ikeja, Lagos State.
- Ronik Polytechnic, Ejigbo, P.M.B. 21764, Ikeja, Lagos, Lagos State.
In summary, there are currently six (6) polytechnics in Lagos state, including one (1) federal institution, one (1) state polytechnic, and four () privately held polytechnics. Each has unique strengths and limitations in their respective disciplines. Visit their application portal to apply if you satisfy their requirements.
I hope this was helpful? Do you have any question(s)? Please reach us via the comments section below and we will be happy to respond.