This post is about NDU Part-Time courses and entry requirements available in the institution. I will also be guiding you through their entry admission requirements as well as all you need to know before selecting a Part-Time course of study at the Niger Delta University Yenagoa.
Below is the list of what to look out for before choosing a part-time course at NDU.
- NDU PT Admission Requirements.
- Subject combination for your preferred course.
- JAMB is not required.
The above is what you need to know before choosing a Part-Time course in NDU.
I will breakdown the above 3 factors before listing the following according to the faculties they are categorized at NDU:
- List of all Art Courses Offered in NDU.
- List of all Science courses offered in NDU.
- List of all Social and Management courses offered by Niger Delta University Yenagoa.
Now I will break down the 3 factors that you must take cognizance of when searching for PT courses offered in NDU.
NDU Part-Time Admission Requirements
NDU PT admission requirements are the first step you must take note of when searching for available PT courses in NDU. At NDU and other tertiary institutions, PT courses offered have their distinct entry requirements. However, some requirements are the same for PT courses under the same faculty. In NDU for example, you must have obtained at least 5 credit passes in your O’level result which must include mathematics and English language and three other subjects as it relates to your course of study. Note that some PT courses do not require a Credit in mathematics as a requirement for admission.
Correct Subject Combination
Using the correct subject combination for your PT course saves you a lot of costs and challenges in the area of obtaining a new change of course and institution form. For example, studying a PT course require at least 5 credit passes in not more than 2 sittings in WAEC, NECO, or its equivalents. Making use of the subjects required for the course is what I mean by making use of the correct subject combination.
In summary of the above, you must confirm the PT admission entry requirements and subject combination for your PT course as a guide to applying for admission to Niger Delta University Yenagoa.
List of Part Time Courses Offered in NDU
NDU Part Time Degree Programmes
1. FACULTY OF ARTS (B.A)
- A English and Literary Studies
- A History & Diplomacy
- A Philosophy
- A Religious Studies
2. FACULTY OF EDUCATION (B.Sc. Ed, B.A Ed)
- B.A. (Ed), B.Sc. (Ed), B. (Ed) Degrees in Adult and Community Education (with a Teaching Subject), Educational Management (with a Teaching Subject), Guidance and Counselling (with a Teaching Subject), Library and Information Science; Science Education (Integrated Science Education, Health Education, Human Kinetic Education); Social Sciences Education (Social Studies Education, Economics Education, Geography & Environmental Management Education, Political Science Education); Arts Education (English & Literary Studies Education, History & Diplomacy Education, Religious Studies Education); Vocational and Technology Education (with emphasis on any of the following areas – Technology Education Automobile Technology Education, Building Technology Education, Electrical/Electronic Technology Education, Metalwork Technology Education, Woodwork Technology Education, Business Education (Accounting, Management and Marketing Options), Agricultural Education.
3. FACULTY ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES (B.A & B.Sc.)
- B.A. Fine & Applied Arts
- B.Sc. Environmental Management
4. FACULTY MANAGEMENT SCIENCES (B.Sc.)
- B.Sc. Accounting
- B.Sc. Banking & Finance
- B.Sc. Management
- B.Sc. Office and Information Management
- B.Sc. Marketing
- B.Sc. Insurance
5. FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES (B.Sc.)
- B.Sc. Economics b). B.Sc. Geography
- B.Sc. Political Science d). B.Sc. Sociology
- B.Sc. Mass Communication
6. FACULTY OF SCIENCE (B.Sc.)
- B.Sc. Mathematics
- B.Sc. Computer Science
- B.Sc. Physics
7. NON DEGREE PROGRAMMES
The following non degree programmes are available at Diploma/Certificate Levels
A. DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
a. Diploma in Law
- Diploma in Library & Information Science
- Diploma in Drilling Technology
- Diploma in Human Kinetics & Sports Science (with emphasis in any of the following Areas- Coaching & Officiating in Sports; Sports Journalism Broadcasting; Sports Management & Marketing; Massage Therapy; Sports Medicine; Sports Security Management
- Diploma in Theatre Arts
- Diploma in Science Laboratory Technology
- Diploma in Social Works & Community Development
h. Diploma in Criminology and Intelligence Studies
- Diploma in Primary & Early Child Care Development Education
- Diploma in Guidance & Counselling
k. Diploma in Computer Science
- Diploma in Insurance & Risk Management
B. CERTIFICATE PROGRAMMES
a. Certificate in Film Editing & Camera Works/Photography
- Certificate in Theatre & Entertainment Technology
- Certificate in Media Production
- Certificate in Music Instrumentation & Technology
- Certificate in Tie & Dye
- Certificate in Jewelry Production
- Certificate in Website Design/Hosting
h. Certificate in Fashion Design
- Certificate in Flower Vase Production
- Certificate in Costume & Make-Up Arts
- Certificate in Library & Information Studies
- Certificate in Insurance & Risk Management
Agricultural Related Certificate Programmes include:
- Snails Production, Processing and Marketing
- Rabbits Production, Processing and Marketing
- Pig Production, Processing and Marketing
- Grass-cutter Production, Processing and Marketing
- Bee Production, Processing and Marketing
- Honey Production, Packaging and Marketing
- Broiler Bird Production, Processing and Marketing
- Egg Production, Sorting, Storage and Marketing
- Turkey Production, Processing and
- Cattle Production, Health Management, Slaughtering, Processing and Marketing
- Poultry Rearing Technology, Health Management, Slaughtering, Processing and Marketing
- Sheep and Goat Production, Health Management, Slaughtering, Processing and
- Animal Health Management and Veterinary Technology
- Animal Feed, Processing, Formulating and Marketing
- Cattle, Goats, Sheep Production
- Feasibility Report Writing for livestock Entrepreneurs and small businesses
- Animal Feed Production
- Animal Health and Veterinary Technology
Qualification for Admission into Part-Time Degree/ Diploma/Certificate Programme
- Holders of WASC/SSCE, GCE O’Level or their equivalent with at least credit passes in five (5) relevant subjects including English Language and Mathematics obtained in mot more than two sittings are eligible to apply for any other the degree/diploma
- Certificate programmes require experience and availability as they are targeted at skill(s) acquisition. However, candidates should be able to communicate in English Language as facilitation of the programme shall be in English Language. This notwithstanding, the possession of WASC/SSCE, GCE O’Level or their equivalent with at least credit passes in five (5) relevant subjects including English Language and Mathematics obtained in not more than two sittings (for programmes especially in Library & Information Science, Insurance & Risk Management would be an added
Duration of Part-Time Degree Programme
- Degree Programmes: Five (5) Years for all programmes except Environmental Management.
- Diploma Programme: Two (2) Years
- Certificate Programme: A minimum of Six months depending on the skill involved.
NDU part-time courses are wide in terms of the scope of niche coverage. The university offers part-time courses in almost every field except Medicine and Surgery, and courses under the College of Medicine. The above is the list of part-time courses offered in Niger Delta University Yenagoa that are currently accredited by the NUC (National Universities Commission).
Please note that NDU part-time courses listed above are still being offered in the institution so if you have any question(s), please reach out to me via the comment section below and I will be happy to assist.