The management of Adekunle Ajasin University has published the list of accredited PG courses offered in the institution for interested candidates who must have selected the school as their preferred choices of institution during their UTME registration.
In this post, aside listing all AAUA PG courses available in the institution, I will also be guiding you through their entry admission requirements as well as all you need to know before selecting a course of study in AAUA.
Below is the list of what to look out for before choosing a course in AAUA.
- The AAUAPG Admission Requirements;
- The Duration of programmes
- The availability of your programme
The above are the 3 most important factors that can determine if you will be admitted to study your chosen course in AAUA or not.
I will breakdown the above 3 factors before listing the following according to the faculties they are categorized at AAUA.
- List of all PGD programmes offered in AAUA.
- List of all Masters degree programmes offered in AAUA.
- List of all Ph.D programmes available in AAUA.
Now I will breakdown the 3 factors that you must take cognizance of when searching for PG courses offered in AAUA.
List of Postgraduate Courses Offered In AAUA
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
Department of Adult Education (Full-Time & Sandwich)
Department of Arts Education
Department of Guidance and Counselling (Full-Time & Sandwich)
Department of Educational Management (Full-Time & Sandwich)
Department of Science Education (Full-Time & Sandwich)
Postgraduate Diploma in Education (Full-Time & Sandwich)
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
Department of Animal and Environmental Biology
Department of Biochemistry
Department of Computer Science
Department of Chemical Sciences
Department of Plant Science and Biotechnology
Department of Physics and Electronics
Department of Earth Sciences
Department of Microbiology
FACULTY OF ARTS
Department of English Studies
Department Linguistics and Languages
Department of Religion and African Culture
Department of Philosophy
Department of History & International Studies
FACULTY OF LAW
LL.M Programme in the following areas of specializations:
Private and Property Law
Commercial and Industrial Law
Jurisprudence Law and International Law
FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
Department of Accounting
Department of Business Administration
Department of Banking and Finance
Department of Geography and Planning Sciences
Department of Pure and Applied Psychology
Department of Economics
Department of Political Science and Public Administration
AAUA PG ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The following constitute the minimum entry requirements to our postgraduate programmes:
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
A graduate from recognized university or a person with a qualification adjudged to be equivalent to a first degree may be admitted, provided the matriculation and Departmental requirements of this university are satisfied. A holder of Upper Credit in the HND from a recognized institution may also be admitted.
- Applicants for PGD in Business Administration must in addition possess credits at O’level in English Language, Mathematics and Economics.
- Applicants for Diploma in Estate Management must possess good honours degree in the appropriate professional examinations of the Nigerian Institute of town planners and the relevant cognate experience may be considered.
- For postgraduate Diploma in Microbiology, applicants must possess one of the following: B.Sc or HND in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Zoology, Botany, Laboratory Technology, Food Science and Technology or Chemistry.
- For Postgraduate Diploma in Pharmacology, applicants must possess B.Sc in allied services from reputable Universities.
MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMME
- A candidate with a first degree from a recognized University having a minimum of second class lower division may be admitted, provided the university matriculation and Departmental requirements are satisfied, however, candidates with CGPA of 2.4 on a 4 point scale or 2.7 points on a 5 point scale and above will be given preference.
- A candidate with a good postgraduate diploma from a recognized University may also be admitted.
- Candidates for M.A, and M.Ed who do not hold a degree in the relevant field may be required to do Postgraduate Diploma in the course of study.
- Applicants for Business Administration, Industrial Sociology and Personnel Management programmes are required to have credit level passes in English Language, Mathematics and Economics at O’level.
- For the Masters Degree in Surgical Pathology or Human Physiology, applicants must have the M.B.B.S or an equivalent degree obtained from Adekunle Ajasin Universityor any recognized University. For the Masters Degree Studies in Human Physiology, a good second class honours degree in Physiology is acceptable. In addition, a good degree in a related subject, provided the Physiology content is substantial, will be considered.
- For the Masters Degree in Urban and regional Planning, Estate Management holders of Adekunle Ajasin UniversityPostgraduate Diploma and that of any recognized Universities in Urban and Regional Planning at the merit level and above will be considered.
- For M.Sc in Clinical Optometry, applicants must have the O.D. degree from an accredited university and ODORBN with CGPA of not less than 3.00 points on a 5 Point scale.
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY
- Candidates with a good masters degree (NOT MBA) in the relevant or related discipline which includes course work and a defended research dissertation from a recognized University may be admitted, provided the university matriculation requirement is satisfied.
- Candidates with a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 points on a 4 point scale or 4.0 points on a 5 point scale will be given preference. Candidates must have obtained (60%) sixty percent average in both the course work and the Masters Dissertation examined by an External Examiner and involving an oral defence. In addition to these admission requirements, candidates may be required to present themselves for selection test and interview. Candidates with CGPA lower than 3.0 points (2.5-2.99) on a 4 point scale or lower than 4.0 points (3.50-3.99) on a 5 point scale will be required to enroll for the M.Phil/Ph.D programme of students.
Photocopies of NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificates, photocopies of all qualifying credentials, including O’level must be attached to the completed application forms. Candidates should arrange for their transcripts to be sent directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Non-receipt of transcripts in time is at the detriment of the applicant.
DURATION OF AAUA PG PROGRAMMES
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- Full-Time Diploma: Minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters.
- Part-Time Diploma: Minimum of three semester and a maximum of eight semesters.
Masters Degree Programmes
- Full-Time: A minimum of three semesters and a maximum of six semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of four semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Full-Time: A minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A Minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters
- Full-Time: A Minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters.
AAUA PG courses are wide in terms of scope of coverage. The University offers PG courses in almost every field that is beneficial to students. The above are the PG courses offered in AAUA that are currently accredited by the NTBE (National Board for Technical Education).
Please note that the AAUA PG courses listed above are still offered in the institution so you can select any that suites your career path and if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me via the comment section below and I will answer your questions in accordance.