The management of Babcock University has published the list of accredited PG courses offered in the institution for interested candidates who must have selected the school as their preferred choices of institution during their UTME registration.
In this post, aside listing all Babcock University PG courses available in the institution, I will also be guiding you through their entry admission requirements as well as all you need to know before selecting a course of study in Babcock.
Below is the list of what to look out for before choosing a course in Babcock.
- The BabcockPG Admission Requirements;
- The Duration of programmes
- The availability of your programme
The above are the 3 most important factors that can determine if you will be admitted to study your chosen course in Babcock or not.
I will breakdown the above 3 factors before listing the following according to the fBabcocklties they are categorized at Babcock.
- List of all PGD programmes offered in Babcock.
- List of all Masters degree programmes offered in Babcock.
- List of all Ph.D programmes available in Babcock.
Now I will breakdown the 3 factors that you must take cognizance of when searching for PG courses offered in Babcock.
List of Postgraduate Courses Offered In Babcock
M.A ENGLISH LANGUAGES AND ENGLISH LITERATURE
M.PHIL ANIMAL SCIENCE
M.PHIL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
M.PHIL COMPUTER SCIENCE
M.PHIL ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE
M.PHIL INFORMATION RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
M.PHIL PUBLIC HEALTH
M.SC ANIMAL SCIENCE
M.SC BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
M.SC COMPUTER SCIENCE
M.SC MASS COMMUNICATION
M.SC POLITICAL SCIENCE
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA)
MASTERS IN INFORMATION RESOURCES MANAGEMENT (MIRM)
MASTERS IN PUBLIC HEALTH (MPH)
MASTERS IN PUBLIC MANAGEMENT (MPM)
PH.D ANIMAL SCIENCE
PH.D BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
PH.D COMPUTER SCIENCE
PH.D ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE
PH.D INFORMATION RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
PH.D MASS COMMUNICATION
PH.D POLITICAL SCIENCE
PH.D PUBLIC HEALTH
Babcock PG ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
(a) Five (5) O’Level credit passes which must include English Language and Mathematics
(b) A Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.) degree in Business Administration of Babcock University or any other recognized University with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division.
(C)Bachelor’s degree in relevant disciplines in Social and Management Sciences eg. Accounting, Banking & Finance, Economics or Marketing with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
Applicants applying for any of the PGD courses offered in Babcock must meet the following requirements:
i. Applicants must obtain a minimum of 5 (Five) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics at ‘O’ Level in not more than two sittings.
- Candidates must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree from any recognized University or HND from any recognized Polytechnic in Nigeria not lower than Third Class; or its equivalent to be eligible to apply.
iii) In addition to the above, Candidates with Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of Merit in related field of study from a Polytechnic or any recognized institution
- iv) Candidates must posses a Bachelor’s degree with at least Second Class (Lower Division) in area not related to the field applying for may be considered
ACADEMIC MASTER DEGREE PROGRAMMES
Applicants applying for Academic Masters Degree courses offered in Babcock must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must obtain a minimum of 5 (five) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics at ‘O’ Level in not more than two sittings.
- In addition to the above, Candidates must have obtained a first Degree of Babcock University(Babcock) or any recognized university in relevant field with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division); and
iii. Lastly, Candidates with Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 is also eligible.
PROFESSIONAL MASTER DEGREE PROGRAMMES
Applicants applying for professional Masters Degree courses offered in Babcock must meet the following requirements:
- Applying Candidates is expected to have a minimum of 5 (five) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics at ‘O’ Level in not more than 2 sittings and not more than two year apart.
- Another PG admission requirement for Professional Masters at Babcockis, Candidate is expected to have obtained a First Degree from Babcockor any recognized university in relevant field with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division)
iii. In addition to the above (ii) candidates with Third Class Degree or HND and a Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) from Babcock University or any recognized institution with a minimum of 3.50 CGPA are eligible to apply.
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY PROGRAMMES (ACCOUNTING AND BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION ONLY)
Candidates applying for Ph.D programmes offered in Babcock must meet the following requirements:
- One of the requirements include a minimum of 5 (five) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics at ‘O’ Level in not more than 2 sittings and not more than two year apart.
- Secondly, Candidates are expected to have obtained a First Degree from Babcock Universityor any the recognised universities in Nigeria from any relevant field with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division)
iii. Lastly, Candidate must have obtained a Masters Degree from Babcock or any recognized university in the proposed field of study with minimum CGPA of 3.50.
Please note that candidates with B.Sc, PGD and HND cannot apply for Ph.D directly without going though Masters Degree programme first.
Photocopies of NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificates, photocopies of all qualifying credentials, including O’level must be attached to the completed application forms. Candidates should arrange for their transcripts to be sent directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Non-receipt of transcripts in time is at the detriment of the applicant.
DURATION OF Babcock PG PROGRAMMES
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- Full-Time Diploma: Minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters.
- Part-Time Diploma: Minimum of three semester and a maximum of eight semesters.
Masters Degree Programmes
- Full-Time: A minimum of three semesters and a maximum of six semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of four semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Full-Time: A minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A Minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters
- Full-Time: A Minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters.
Babcock PG courses are wide in terms of scope of coverage. The University offers PG courses in almost every field that is beneficial to students. The above are the PG courses offered in Babcock that are currently accredited by the NTBE (National Board for Technical Education).
Please note that the Babcock PG courses listed above are still offered in the institution so you can select any that suites your career path and if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me via the comment section below and I will answer your questions in accordance.