The management of Delta State University has published the list of accredited PG courses offered in the institution for interested candidates who must have selected the school as their preferred choices of institution during their UTME registration.
In this post, aside listing all DELSU PG courses available in the institution, I will also be guiding you through their entry admission requirements as well as all you need to know before selecting a course of study in DELSU.
Below is the list of what to look out for before choosing a course in DELSU.
- The DELSUPG Admission Requirements;
- The Duration of programmes
- The availability of your programme
The above are the 3 most important factors that can determine if you will be admitted to study your chosen course in DELSU or not.
I will breakdown the above 3 factors before listing the following according to the faculties they are categorized at DELSU.
- List of all PGD programmes offered in DELSU.
- List of all Masters degree programmes offered in DELSU.
- List of all Ph.D programmes available in DELSU.
Now I will breakdown the 3 factors that you must take cognizance of when searching for PG courses offered in DELSU.
List of Postgraduate Courses Offered In DELSU
FACULTY / DEPARTMENT
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
Agricultural Economics & Agricultural Extension – PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D.
Animal Science – PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D.
Fisheries – PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D
Forestry and Wildlife – PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D
Agronomy (i) Crops Science (ii) Crop Protection (iii) Soil Science) – PGD, Professional Master, M.Sc. & Ph.D
FACULTY OF ARTS
Fine and Applied Arts:
Graphics – MFA
Ceramics – MFA
Sculpture and Textile Design – MFA
Art History – MFA
Studio Art – M.A. & Ph.D.
Ceramics – M.A. & Ph.D
Graphics – M.A. & Ph.D
Sculpture – M.A. & Ph.D.
Painting & Textiles – M.A. & Ph.D.
History – Ph.D
Music – M.A. & Ph.D.
Religious Studies & Philosophy – PGDM; M.A. & Ph.D.
(i) Old Testament – M.A. & Ph.D.
(ii) New Testament – M.A. & Ph.D.
(iii) Church History (iv) ATR (v) Christian Theology
Theatre Arts: Theatre Arts – M.A. & Ph.D
Languages & Linguistics: i) French Languages & Linguistics ii) Lit. in French iii) Translation – M.A.
FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
Physiology – M.Sc. & Ph.D.
Anatomy – M.Sc. & Ph.D.
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
Education – PGDE
Educational Administration & Policy Studies – M.Ed. & Ph.D.
Guidance & Counseling / Measurement & Evaluation – M.Ed. & Ph.D.
Library & Information Science – PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D
Science Education (i) Biology (ii) Chemistry (iii) Mathematics – M.Ed.
Social Science Education:
Vocational Education: (i) Agricultural Education (ii) Home Economics – M.Ed. & Ph.D.
Technical & Business Education: (i) Industrial Technology Education – M.Sc. (Ed)
Human Kinetics & Health Education:
(i) Human Kinetics Education – M.Ed. & Ph.D.
- ii) Exercise Physiology & Sports Science – M.Ed. & Ph.D.
(ii) Sports Management/Health Education
Institute of Education
(i) Education – PGDE
(ii) Basic Education – PGDBE
(iii) Educational Management – PGDBE
FACULTY OF LAW
Law – MLD, LL.M. & Ph.D
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
Accounting/Banking & Finance – PGDBF & M.Sc.
Business Administration & Marketing – PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D
Business Administration – PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D
Marketing- PGD, M.Sc.
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
Animal & Environmental Biology: PGD), M.Sc. & Ph.D
Biochemistry; M.Sc. & Ph.D
(i) Analytical/Environmental Chemistry – M.Sc. & Ph.D
(ii) Inorganic Chemistry – M.Sc. & Ph.D
(iii)Organic Chemistry – M.Sc. & Ph.D
(iv) Physical Chemistry – M.Sc. & Ph.D
(v) Industrial Chemistry – M.Sc. & Ph.D .
(i) Engineering Geology – M.Sc
(ii) Environmental Geology – M.Sc
(iii) Hydrogeology – M.Sc
(iv) Petroleum Geology – M.Sc
(v) Mineral Exploration – M.Sc
(i) Mathematics – M.Sc
(ii) Industrial Mathematics – M.Sc
(i) Geophysics – M.Sc. & Ph.D.
(i) Solid State Physics – M.Sc. & Ph.D.
(iii) Radiation & Health Physics – M.Sc. & Ph.D.
(iv) Theoretical Physics – M.Sc. & Ph.D.
(i) Environmental Microbiology – M.Sc.
(ii) Food and Industrial Microbiology – M.Sc.
FACULTY OF THE SOCIAL SCIENCES
- REGULAR PROGRAMMES
Business Administration – M.Sc.
Economics – M.Sc. & Ph.D.
Geography and Regional Planning – M.Sc. & Ph.D.
Mass Communication – M.Sc.
Political Science – M.Sc. & Ph.D .
- WEEKEND PROGRAMMES
Business Administration – PGDBA & MBA
Economics – PGDPE & MEPE
(i) Post graduate Diploma in Communication Management – PGDCM
(ii) Professional Master Degree in Communication Management – MCM
Master in Crime Control – MCC
DELSU PG ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
1) To be eligible for admission into DELSU postgraduate school, candidates must have obtained a degree or its equivalent from a recognized institution. He or she must have obtained at least five (5) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics in WASC, NECO, GCE (Ordinary Level), or NABTEB at not more than two sittings.
Note: Pass in English or Mathematics is not acceptable. Also, ACE and TC II are not acceptable.
2) (No equivalent to WASC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB). Please note that there will be no waiver for anybody seeking admission into any of the programmes.
3) Candidates applying for any Ph.D. programme must have obtained at least a weighted average score of 60% overall or a CGPA of 3.50 in a scale of 5.00 .
4) Candidates applying for academic Master Degree (M.Sc., M.Ed., M.A. and LL.M.) must be holders of bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline from the Delta State University or any other accredited university with at least “Second Class Honours (Lower Division) degree recognized by Senate of the institution.
5) For Professional Master Degree application, he or she must be a holder of Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline from Delta State University, Abraka or any other accredited university with at least a Second Class Honours (Lower Division) degree recognized by Senate or a Higher National Diploma with Upper Credit from a Senate-recognized polytechnic.
6) Finally, Candidates for PGD (Postgraduate Diploma) must be holders of a bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline from the Delta State University or any other accredited university with at least a “Third Class Honours” degree or a HND (Lower Credit) recognized by Senate
Photocopies of NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificates, photocopies of all qualifying credentials, including O’level must be attached to the completed application forms. Candidates should arrange for their transcripts to be sent directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Non-receipt of transcripts in time is at the detriment of the applicant.
DURATION OF DELSU PG PROGRAMMES
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- Full-Time Diploma: Minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters.
- Part-Time Diploma: Minimum of three semester and a maximum of eight semesters.
Masters Degree Programmes
- Full-Time: A minimum of three semesters and a maximum of six semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of four semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Full-Time: A minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A Minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters
- Full-Time: A Minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters.
DELSU PG courses are wide in terms of scope of coverage. The University offers PG courses in almost every field that is beneficial to students. The above are the PG courses offered in DELSU that are currently accredited by the NTBE (National Board for Technical Education).
Please note that the DELSU PG courses listed above are still offered in the institution so you can select any that suites your career path and if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me via the comment section below and I will answer your questions in accordance.