The management of Enugu state university of science and Technology has published the list of accredited PG courses offered in the institution for interested candidates who must have selected the school as their preferred choices of institution during their UTME registration.
In this post, aside listing all ESUT PG courses available in the institution, I will also be guiding you through their entry admission requirements as well as all you need to know before selecting a course of study in ESUT.
Below is the list of what to look out for before choosing a course in ESUT.
- The ESUTPG Admission Requirements;
- The Duration of programmes
- The availability of your programme
The above are the 3 most important factors that can determine if you will be admitted to study your chosen course in ESUT or not.
I will breakdown the above 3 factors before listing the following according to the faculties they are categorized at ESUT.
- List of all PGD programmes offered in ESUT.
- List of all Masters degree programmes offered in ESUT.
- List of all Ph.D programmes available in ESUT.
Now I will breakdown the 3 factors that you must take cognizance of when searching for PG courses offered in ESUT.
List of Postgraduate Courses Offered In ESUT
candidates for admission into its School of Postgraduate Studies for PGD, PGDE, M.Sc, M.Phil, and Ph.D programmes of the University in the under-listed Faculties and Departments. Please visit www.esut.edu.ng for details,
- FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE AND NATURAL RESOURCES
- Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension
- Department of Agronomy and Ecological Management
iii. Department of Animal/Fisheries Science and Management
- Department of Food Science and Technology
- FACULTY OF APPLIED NATURAL SCIENCES (FANS)
- Department of Applied Biology and Bio-Technology (Parasitology)
- Department of Applied Micro-Biology and Brewing
iii. Department of Geology and Mining
- Department of Industrial Chemistry
- Department of Industrial Mathematics and Statistics
- Department of Industrial Physics
vii. Department of Computer Science
- FACULTYOF EDUCATION
- Department of Education Management
- Department of Adult Education
iii. Department of Guidance and Counseling
- Department of Library and Information Science
- Department of Health and Physical Education
- Department of Science and Computer Education
vii. Department of Technical and Vocational Education
- FACULTYOF ENGINEERING
- Department of Agricultural and Bio-Resource Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering
iii. Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Mechanical and Production Engineering
vii. Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- FACULTYOF ENVIRONMENTALSCIENCES
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Estate Management
iii. Department of Geography and Meteorology
- Department of Quantity Surveying
- Department of Urban and Regional Planning
- FACULTYOF LAW
- Public and Private Law
- Business Law
iii. International Law
- Community/Property Law
- Criminal Law
- Constitutional Law
vii. Environmental law
viii. Family Law & Law of Evidence
- FACULTYOF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- Department of Accountancy
- Department of Banking and Finance
iii. Department of Business Administration
- Department of Co-operative and Rural Development
- Department of Insurance and Risk Management
- Department of Mass Communication
vii. Department of Marketing
viii. Department of Public Administration
- FACULTYOF BASIC CLINICALSCIENCES
- Department of Pharmacology
- FACULTYOF CLINICAL MEDICINE
- Department of Community Medicine
- Department of Surgery
- FACULTYOF BASIC MEDICALSCIENCES
- Department of Community Medicine
- Department of Bio-Medical Technology/Engineering
- FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES AND HUMANITIES
- Department of Economics
- Department of Political Science
iii. Department of Psychology
- Department of Sociology and Anthropology
- Institute of Peace, Conflict and Development Studies
On how to gain admission into ESUT school of postgraduate studies (SPGS) candidates must meet the following admission requirements for Postgraduate Diploma programmes, Masters Degree programmes and Ph.D programmes. Here we have broken-down the admission requirements from O’level up to graduate level requirements as mandated by the management of ESUT.
ESUT PG ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- i) Firstly, candidates applying for Postgraduate Diploma courses must have at least 5 (five) credit passes which must include Mathematics, English, and two other relevant subjects at ‘O’ Level as it relates to the proposed course of study.
ii) Secondly, to apply you must have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree from any approved University with at least Pass degree in the relevant science discipline for you to stand a chance of gaining admission for any postgraduate diploma course offered at ESUT.
iii) Lastly, are you a holders of HND in relevant programmes from approved institutions with a minimum of upper credit? you can go ahead and apply as you would considered for admission too.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMMES (M.SC.) AT ESUT
Candidates still in a fix on how to apply for admission at ESUT for Masters degree programmes either academic or professional, all information as regards how to apply and the requirements for fresh candidates have been provided below;
- i) First and foremost, candidates must have a minimum of 5 credit passes including English, Mathematics and two (2) other science subjects at ‘O’ Level as it relates to the PG course being applied for by the candidate.
- A) Academic Master’s Degree Programme
Academic Master’s admission requirements is slightly different from professional Masters degree admission requirements. Kindly see below for the difference.
For Academic Masters;
- i) Candidates with bachelor’s degree from an approved university must obtain a minimum of second class lower division with a CGPA of 3.0/5.0 for an academic programme.
ii) Candidates with at least a third class Degree or HND and university PGD with CGPA of 3.0/5.0 may be considered for admission into academic Master’s Degree Programmes.
For Professional Master’s Degree Programmes
- a) For fresh candidates applying for Professional Master’s Degree Programme, he or she must have obtained a minimum of second class lower division (2’2) for him or her to be eligible to apply.
b) Furthermore, Candidates with university Degree in Third Class or HND plus a university PGD at credit level pass, (i.e. CGPA of 3.0/5.0) or 50% on weighted percentages average may be considered for admission into professional Master’s Degree Programmes.
c) Lastly, applying candidates must be able to prove adequate intellectual capacity, maturity and effective decision making and problem solving potentials either in writing or demonstration.
CHECK: FUD Postgraduate Admission List 2022/2023 Academic Session – How To Check
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (PH.D.) PROGRAMMES AT ESUT
Category of candidates applying for admission for Ph.D. programmes must first complete the following requirements as mandated by ESUT PG school;
i) Firstly, applying candidates must have five credit passes including English, mathematics and two other relevant science subject at Ó’ Level as it relates to his or her choice of pg course offered at ESUT.
ii) Secondly, Candidates with Bachelor’s degree from approved universities must obtain a minimum of second class lower Division with a CPGA of 3.0/5.0 in order to stand a chance of gaining admission.
iii) Thirdly, applicants must have Academic master’s Degree in relevant areas with a minimum CGPA of 4.0/5.0 and thesis scored not lower than 60% (B).
iv) Lastly, Candidates must demonstrate adequate intellectual capacity, maturity and effective decision making and problem solving potentials.
Photocopies of NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificates, photocopies of all qualifying credentials, including O’level must be attached to the completed application forms. Candidates should arrange for their transcripts to be sent directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Non-receipt of transcripts in time is at the detriment of the applicant.
DURATION OF ESUT PG PROGRAMMES
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- Full-Time Diploma: Minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters.
- Part-Time Diploma: Minimum of three semester and a maximum of eight semesters.
Masters Degree Programmes
- Full-Time: A minimum of three semesters and a maximum of six semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of four semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Full-Time: A minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A Minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters
- Full-Time: A Minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters.
ESUT PG courses are wide in terms of scope of coverage. The University offers PG courses in almost every field that is beneficial to students. The above are the PG courses offered in ESUT that are currently accredited by the NTBE (National Board for Technical Education).
Please note that the ESUT PG courses listed above are still offered in the institution so you can select any that suites your career path and if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me via the comment section below and I will answer your questions in accordance.