The management of Federal University, Lafia has published the list of accredited PG courses offered in the institution for interested candidates who must have selected the school as their preferred choices of institution during their UTME registration.
In this post, aside listing all Federal University, Lafia PG courses available in the institution, I will also be guiding you through their entry admission requirements as well as all you need to know before selecting a course of study in FULAFIA.
Below is the list of what to look out for before choosing a course in FULAFIA.
- The FULAFIA PG Admission Requirements;
- The Duration of programmes
- The availability of your programme
The above are the 3 most important factors that can determine if you will be admitted to study your chosen course in FULAFIA or not.
I will breakdown the above 3 factors before listing the following according to the faculties they are categorized at FULAFIA.
- List of all PGD programmes offered in FULAFIA.
- List of all Masters degree programmes offered in FULAFIA.
- List of all Ph.D programmes available in FULAFIA.
Now I will breakdown the 3 factors that you must take cognizance of when searching for PG courses offered in FULAFIA.
List of Postgraduate Courses Offered In FULAFIA
- PGD Environmental Resource Management
- Sc. Chemistry,
- Phil/Ph.D chemistry with special interest in analytical chemistry and physical chemistry
- Sc Microbiology
- Phil./Ph.D Microbiology with special interest in Biomedical Microbiology
- Sc. Zoology
- Phil./Ph.D zoology with special interest in Applied Parasitology and Entomology
- PGD in Botany
- Sc. Botany
- Phil./Ph.D. Botany with special interest in Plant Diversity Management, Horticulture and Nursery Management, Plant Breeding and Genetics Ecology
- A History and International Studies
- Phil./Ph.D History and International Studies with special interest in Economic History, International Studies, Social and Political History.
- Sc. Economics
- Phil./Ph.D Economics with special interest in Monetary Economics, Public Finance and Policy, International Economics, Developmental Economics
- Sc. Sociology with specialization in Demography and Population Studies, Industrial Sociology, Social Anthropology, Rural Sociology, Medical Sociology, Gender Studies, Criminology and Sociology of Law and Sociology of Development
- Phil./Ph.D Sociology with specialisation in Medical Sociology, Gender Studies, Criminology and Sociology of Law, Sociology of Development.
- Sc. Political Science with specialisation in Political Philosophy/ Theory, Comparative Politics and Political Economy
- Sc. International Relations and Diplomacy, Masters in Peace and Conflict Studies (MPCS)
- Phil/Ph.D. Political Science with interest in Comparative Politics, Political Economy, Public Administration and Local Government.
FULAFIA PG ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The following constitute the minimum entry requirements into our postgraduate programmes:
1.) Post – Graduate Diploma Programme
- a) Candidate must be a graduate from FULAFIA or any recognized university with Pass or 3rd Class at the first degree in relevant programme may be admitted, provided the Matriculation and Departmental requirements of Fulafia are satisfied.
- b) A holder of a minimum of Upper Credit in the HND from a recognized institution may also be admitted.
2.) Masters Degree Programme
- a) A candidate with a first degree from Federal University, Lafia or any recognized university having a minimum of a Second Class Lower Division may be admitted, provided the University Matriculation and Departmental requirements are satisfied.
- b) Applying candidate with a minimum of Credit in the Postgraduate Diploma from a recognized university will also be considered.
3.) M.Phil / PH.D Programme
- a) Candidates must possess a Masters degree from a recognized university with weighted average of 55.0 – 59.9
4.) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Degree Programme
- a) A candidate with a good Masters degree having a weighted average of not below 60.0 or CGPA of 4.00 on a relative score of 5,00 (NOT Professional Masters) in the relevant or related discipline which includes course work and a defended research dissertation from a recognized university may be admitted provided the University Matriculation and Departments requirements are satisfied.
- b) A minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 4.00 or 60.0 weighted average is required for candidates converting from M.Phil to Ph.D.
The above are the admission entry requirements for Masters, PGD and Ph.D seeking for admission at FULAFIA.
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
Applicants applying for any of the PGD courses offered in FULAFIA must meet the following requirements:
i. Applicants must obtain a minimum of 5 (Five) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics at ‘O’ Level in not more than two sittings.
- Candidates must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree from any recognized University or HND from any recognized Polytechnic in Nigeria not lower than Third Class; or its equivalent to be eligible to apply.
iii) In addition to the above, Candidates with Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of Merit in related field of study from a Polytechnic or any recognized institution
- iv) Candidates must posses a Bachelor’s degree with at least Second Class (Lower Division) in area not related to the field applying for may be considered
ACADEMIC MASTER DEGREE PROGRAMMES
Applicants applying for Academic Masters Degree courses offered in FULAFIA must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must obtain a minimum of 5 (five) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics at ‘O’ Level in not more than two sittings.
- In addition to the above, Candidates must have obtained a first Degree of Federal University, Lafia (FULAFIA) or any recognized university in relevant field with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division); and
iii. Lastly, Candidates with Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 is also eligible.
PROFESSIONAL MASTER DEGREE PROGRAMMES
Applicants applying for professional Masters Degree courses offered in FULAFIA must meet the following requirements:
- Applying Candidates is expected to have a minimum of 5 (five) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics at ‘O’ Level in not more than 2 sittings and not more than two year apart.
- Another PG admission requirement for Professional Masters at FULAFIAis, Candidate is expected to have obtained a First Degree from FULAFIAor any recognized university in relevant field with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division)
iii. In addition to the above (ii) candidates with Third Class Degree or HND and a Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) from Federal University, Lafia or any recognized institution with a minimum of 3.50 CGPA are eligible to apply.
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY PROGRAMMES (ACCOUNTING AND BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION ONLY)
Candidates applying for Ph.D programmes offered in FULAFIA must meet the following requirements:
- One of the requirements include a minimum of 5 (five) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics at ‘O’ Level in not more than 2 sittings and not more than two year apart.
- Secondly, Candidates are expected to have obtained a First Degree from Federal University, Lafia or any the recognised universities in Nigeria from any relevant field with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division)
iii. Lastly, Candidate must have obtained a Masters Degree from FULAFIA or any recognized university in the proposed field of study with minimum CGPA of 3.50.
Please note that candidates with B.Sc, PGD and HND cannot apply for Ph.D directly without going though Masters Degree programme first.
Photocopies of NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificates, photocopies of all qualifying credentials, including O’level must be attached to the completed application forms. Candidates should arrange for their transcripts to be sent directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Non-receipt of transcripts in time is at the detriment of the applicant.
DURATION OF FULAFIA PG PROGRAMMES
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- Full-Time Diploma: Minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters.
- Part-Time Diploma: Minimum of three semester and a maximum of eight semesters.
Masters Degree Programmes
- Full-Time: A minimum of three semesters and a maximum of six semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of four semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Full-Time: A minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A Minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters
- Full-Time: A Minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters.
FULAFIA PG courses are wide in terms of scope of coverage. The University offers PG courses in almost every field that is beneficial to students. The above are the PG courses offered in FULAFIA that are currently accredited by the NTBE (National Board for Technical Education).
Please note that the FULAFIA PG courses listed above are still offered in the institution so you can select any that suites your career path and if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me via the comment section below and I will answer your questions in accordance.