The management of Kaduna State University has published the list of accredited PG courses offered in the institution for interested candidates who must have selected the school as their preferred choices of institution during their UTME registration.
In this post, aside listing all KASU PG courses available in the institution, I will also be guiding you through their entry admission requirements as well as all you need to know before selecting a course of study in KASU.
Below is the list of what to look out for before choosing a course in KASU.
- The KASUPG Admission Requirements;
- The Duration of programmes
- The availability of your programme
The above are the 3 most important factors that can determine if you will be admitted to study your chosen course in KASU or not.
I will breakdown the above 3 factors before listing the following according to the faculties they are categorized at KASU.
- List of all PGD programmes offered in KASU.
- List of all Masters degree programmes offered in KASU.
- List of all Ph.D programmes available in KASU.
Now I will breakdown the 3 factors that you must take cognizance of when searching for PG courses offered in KASU.
List of Postgraduate Courses Offered In KASU
Faculty of Arts
Arabic – PGD and M.A
Christian Religious Studies – PGD and M.A
English Language & Drama – PGD and M.A
French PGD French
History M.A History
Islamic Religious Studies – M.A.
Nigerian Languages & Linguistics (Hausa) – M.A Only
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
Biochemistry – PGD
Biological Sciences – M.Sc
Fisheries & Aquaculture – M.Sc.
Entomology – M.Sc.
Environmental Biology – M.Sc.
Chemistry PGD Industrial Chemistry – M.Sc.
Geography – PGD
Geography – M.Sc.
EIA – PGD
GIS – Masters
EIA – Masters
Mathematical Sciences – PGD
Computer Science – PGD
Management Information Science – PGD
Hardware Maintenance – PGD
Software Design – PGD
Computer Science – M.Sc
Microbiology – PGD
Environmental Microbiology – M.Sc.
Food & Industrial Microbiology – M.Sc.
Medical Microbiology – M.Sc.
Microbiology – M.Sc.
Physics – PGD
Master in Renewable Energy
FACULTY OF SOCIAL & MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
Accounting – PGD
PGD Procurement & Supply Chain Management
CHECK: FUOTUOKE Postgraduate Admission List 2023/2024 Academic Session – How To Check
Accounting – M.Sc
Accounting – PhD.
Business Administration – PGD
Entrepreneurship Studies – PGD
Business Administration – M.Sc
Banking and Finance – M.Sc
Master in Business Administration – MBA
Master in Industrial & Labour Relations – MILR
Business Administration – PhD
Economics (Public Sector Economics) – PGD
Economics – M.Sc
Mass Communication (Investigative Journalism) – PGD
Mass Communication – PGD
Sport Journalism – PGD
Political Science (Conflict, Peace & Strategic Studies) – PGD
Conflict, Peace & Strategic Studies ( Masters)
Political Science – M.Sc.
Sociology (Crime Management) – PGD
Criminal Justice – Masters
Sociology – M.Sc.
KASU PG ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Below are the admission requirements for PGD, Masters and Ph.D programmes, in this post we have broken down the admission requirements for all levels of PG programmes respectively. Simply go through them to confirm any of the PG courses offered in KASU that you are eligible to apply for.
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
Applicants applying for any of the PGD courses offered in KASU must meet the following requirements:
i. Applicants must obtain a minimum of 5 (Five) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics at ‘O’ Level in not more than two sittings.
- Candidates must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree from any recognized University or HND from any recognized Polytechnic in Nigeria not lower than Third Class; or its equivalent to be eligible to apply.
iii) In addition to the above, Candidates with Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of Merit in related field of study from a Polytechnic or any recognized institution
- iv) Candidates must posses a Bachelor’s degree with at least Second Class (Lower Division) in area not related to the field applying for may be considered
ACADEMIC MASTER DEGREE PROGRAMMES
Applicants applying for Academic Masters Degree courses offered in KASU must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must obtain a minimum of 5 (five) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics at ‘O’ Level in not more than two sittings.
- In addition to the above, Candidates must have obtained a first Degree of Kaduna State University (KASU) or any recognized university in relevant field with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division); and
iii. Lastly, Candidates with Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 is also eligible.
PROFESSIONAL MASTER DEGREE PROGRAMMES
Applicants applying for professional Masters Degree courses offered in KASU must meet the following requirements:
- Applying Candidates is expected to have a minimum of 5 (five) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics at ‘O’ Level in not more than 2 sittings and not more than two year apart.
- Another PG admission requirement for Professional Masters at KASU is, Candidate is expected to have obtained a First Degree from KASU or any recognized university in relevant field with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division)
iii. In addition to the above (ii) candidates with Third Class Degree or HND and a Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) from Kaduna State University or any recognized institution with a minimum of 3.50 CGPA are eligible to apply.
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY PROGRAMMES (ACCOUNTING AND BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION ONLY)
Candidates applying for Ph.D programmes offered in KASU must meet the following requirements:
- One of the requirements include a minimum of 5 (five) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics at ‘O’ Level in not more than 2 sittings and not more than two year apart.
- Secondly, Candidates are expected to have obtained a First Degree from Kaduna State University or any the recognised universities in Nigeria from any relevant field with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division)
iii. Lastly, Candidate must have obtained a Masters Degree from KASU or any recognized university in the proposed field of study with minimum CGPA of 3.50.
Please note that candidates with B.Sc, PGD and HND cannot apply for Ph.D directly without going though Masters Degree programme first.
Photocopies of NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificates, photocopies of all qualifying credentials, including O’level must be attached to the completed application forms. Candidates should arrange for their transcripts to be sent directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Non-receipt of transcripts in time is at the detriment of the applicant.
DURATION OF KASU PG PROGRAMMES
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- Full-Time Diploma: Minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters.
- Part-Time Diploma: Minimum of three semester and a maximum of eight semesters.
Masters Degree Programmes
- Full-Time: A minimum of three semesters and a maximum of six semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of four semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Full-Time: A minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A Minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters
- Full-Time: A Minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters.
KASU PG courses are wide in terms of scope of coverage. The University offers PG courses in almost every field that is beneficial to students. The above are the PG courses offered in KASU that are currently accredited by the NTBE (National Board for Technical Education).
Please note that the KASU PG courses listed above are still offered in the institution so you can select any that suites your career path and if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me via the comment section below and I will answer your questions in accordance.