The scheme of work for Mathematics for SS1 (Senior Secondary schools one) in Nigeria has been made unified as approved by the ministry of education. Being unified means all schools be it private or government-owned are to adopt the same scheme as it is approved for preparing students for Mathematics exams in the West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination.
The government-approved scheme of work for SS1 Mathematics for all topics is now available on our platform. This unified (used in all states) scheme of work covers all topics ranging from first term to third term which starts with introduction and revision of the previous term, midterm breaks, revision, examination, and vacation.
The SS1 Mathematics scheme of work government-approved subjects for all primary schools in Nigeria makes this scheme of work very important. It is the government revised scheme for all topics for SS1 Mathematics and it is applicable to all states. That is, schools (Private and government-owned) operating in all states in Nigeria are advised to make use of this scheme of work as it contains the approved curriculum.
Mathematics is a compulsory subject because they form the core foundation of development for students in secondary school level up to the higher institution. It is required amongst other subjects as an important subject combination in JAMB.
The SS1 Mathematics scheme of work seen here is the latest revised unified scheme of work according to the Ministry of Education. It is applicable in all states, it is the approved scheme for all Senior Secondary school levels that must be compulsorily adopted by all schools in Lagos, Ogun, Ibadan, Port Harcourt, Abuja, Anambra, Delta state and all states in Nigeria be it private or public schools because it is from the scheme of work that WAEC questions in Mathematics are curled out from.
The government-approved SS1 Mathematics scheme of work here, states all the topics to be treated and how they should be taught. Teaching students in secondary schools require deep explanation and practical examples, that is, teachers need to be more practical in their teaching. Nowadays, audio-visual means are now being adopted by majorly private schools in teaching SS1 Mathematics as it helps the students better assimilate and recollect what has been taught.
SS1 Mathematics scheme of work here also highlights the time frame given to cover each subject because it is the government’s directive that all schools finish the academic session within the same time frame hence the need to cover all topics within the stipulated period which is usually within 11 to 12 weeks.
The government-approved scheme of work for SS1 Mathematics is the same as the scheme of work used by all states. Say, for instance, the federal government-approved scheme of work SS1 Mathematics is the same as the scheme of work used in the southern, eastern, and northern part of Nigeria.
In this post, we shall cover the followings:
- The government approved a unified scheme of work for SS1 Mathematics for 2023
- The unified scheme of work for Mathematics for SS1 (2023)
- Govt. approved scheme of work for SS1 Mathematics for all 36 states in Nigeria including the FCT, Abuja.
- Government-approved scheme of work for SS1 Mathematics first term.
- Government-approved scheme of work for SS1 Mathematics 2nd term.
- Government-approved scheme of work for SS1 Mathematics 3rd term.
Having listed the available SS1 Mathematics scheme of work for 2023/2024 academic session, I will be providing the full scheme below. All you need to do is identify the subject you need and make do with the information for your personal consumption.
Government Approved Scheme of Work for SS1 Mathematics 1st Term to 3rd Term 2023/2024 Session
MATHEMATICS SCHEME OF WORK 2023 – FIRST TERM
- NUMBER BASE SYSTEM: Conversion from one base to base 10, conversion of decimal fraction to base 10, conversion of numbers from one base to another
base. Addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of number bases.
- MODULAR ARITHMETIC:
Definition and concept of module arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, and multiplication of module arithmetic and applying it to solving life problems.
- INDICES: Conversion of numbers to standard form; laws of indices, indicial
- LOGARITHMS AND INDICES:
Definition of logarithm; logarithm of numbers in base 10, expressing logarithm as inverse of Indices, Graph of Y = 10x, logarithm and anti-logarithms tables of numbers greater than one, laws of logarithms – multiplication, division, powers, and roots.
- SET: Definition of set, set notation, types of sets, set operation, use of Venn
- SIMPLE EQUATIONS AND VARIATIONS: Change of subject of formulae involving bracket, root, and powers. Types of variation – direct, inverse, joint and
- QUADRATIC EQUATION:
Factorization, completing the square, formulae, and graphical method, and obtaining roots from quadratic graphs.
- LOGICAL REASONING: Simple and compound statements.
MATHEMATICS SCHEME OF WORK 2023 – SECOND TERM
CONSTRUCTION OF ANGLES 30, 45, 60, 90 e.t.c .
Triangles, Equivalent angles, Equidistance from 2 points, 2 lines, fixed point and 4 – sides plane figure given certain conditions, locus of given points.
- PROOFS OF SOME BASIC THEOREMS IN EUDIDEAN GEOMETRY:
Angle sum of a triangle is 180o, the exterior angle of a triangle is equal to the sum of two interior opposite angles.
- RIDERS: Proofs of properties of
- Angles on parallel lines
- Angles in a polygon
- Congruent angles
- Parallelograms and intercept theorem
- TRIGONOMETRIC RATIOS: Sine, cosine, and tangent with reference to right-angled
- TRIGONOMETRY: Derivation of Trigonometric ratios of 30o, 450o, and 60o from drawn
- TRIGONOMETRY: Angle of elevation and depression and application of trigonometric
- TRIGONOMETRIC RATIOS: In relation to unit circle, Sine and Cosine of various
- GRAPH OF SINES AND COSINES USING 15o, 20o, 30o, 60o
- LENGTH OF ARC OF CIRCLE
MATHEMATICS SCHEME OF WORK 2023 – THIRD TERM
- Perimeters of sectors and segments
- Areas of Sectors of a Circle
- Areas of Segments of a Circle
- Relation between the sector of Circle and the surface of a
- Surface Area and Volume of Shapes – Cube, Cuboid, Cylinder, Pyramids, Cone, and
- Surface Area and Volume of a fraction of Cones and Pyramids.
- Surface Area and Volume of Compound
- Data Presentation and frequency distribution
- Linear graph, Bar chart and Histograms Differences between Bar charts and Histograms
- Pie chart and frequency
I hope this has been helpful, especially for school owners, teachers, parents, and guardians who need it for the personal tutoring of their wards. The SS1 Mathematics scheme of work 2023 is government approved for all subjects taught at the elementary stage (primary school) for 2023 so if you have any questions as regards the subject matter please feel free to reach out to me via the comment section below and I will respond accordingly.