Mountain Top University school of postgraduate studies through the management of the university has announced the sale of MTU postgraduate admission form for 2022/2023 academic session. MTU PG form is made available online for candidates interested in running a postgraduate programme at MTU and must have met the PG admission requirement for the proposed programme.
This post will serve as a guide in applying for MTU postgraduate application form both for first time applicants and returning applicants as it would cover every grey area about MTU PG admission form which includes the commencement date for sale of MTU PG admission form, the application procedure, duration of all PG programmes, cost of the PG form and the closing date of MTU PG admission form.
Before we proceed, as usual, based on the challenges faced by past MTU PG applicants in their application process, I thought it necessary to address them all in order for you to avoid encountering such in your registration.
I will be listing all the frequently asked questions as it relates to MTU postgraduate admission form. These questions as stated above is from past and current applicants. It is advised you note them down as it would assist in your application process.
The MTU format below indicates the FAQs and their appropriate answers with regards to MTU PG form after which I will make available, MTU postgraduate general admission requirements, how to apply for MTU postgraduate admission form.
FAQs on MTU PG Admission Form
Q – Is MTU postgraduate admission form 2022/2023 out?
A – MTU PG admission form is out and the online application has begun..
Q – How can I apply for MTU PG admission form?
A – MTU PG part time registration procedure has been provided below as approved by the management of the university.
Q – How much is MTU PG admission form?
A – Applicants are required to purchase the Mountain Top University, School of Postgraduate Studies Form at a fee of fifteen thousand 15,000 Naira only.
Q – I am still running my NYSC, can I apply for MTU PG form?
A – NYSC discharge certificate is an important document for applying for MTUS postgraduate programme. Therefore without your NYSC discharge certificate, you cannot apply.
Q – I have NYSC exemption letter, can I apply for MTU PG application form?
A – Yes you are eligible, all you need to do is present your exemption letter
Q – What is the closing date of MTU PG admission form?
A – MTU PG form closing date is yet to be announced.
The above are the FAQs on Mountain Top University postgraduate admission form for both current and prospective applicants. However, please feel free to ask questions via the comment section should you have any.
MTU PG admission form application procedure will be a seamless one because I will simplify the application steps required to apply for the admission form so that new and prospective applicants can apply with ease. Applicants who have previously registered and participated in the prior registration exercise but were unsuccessful can also benefit from the information provided here.
Mountain Top University postgraduate admission form application process this academic session is the same step used by applicants during the previous session, the only major difference is the closing date of the application form. Going by the above information, it is important to point that the schools that are affiliated to MTU PG school are to follow the application steps outlined below but first let’s go through the requirements for applying for the form online.
Requirements for Applying for MTU Postgraduate Admission Form
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA DEGREE PROGRAMME:
- Admission is open to candidates having a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with at a third class degree of Mountain Top University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Mountain Top University.
Duration – Minimum duration of study for the award of the Postgraduate Diploma degree is one academic session for full-time.
MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMME:
- Candidates seeking admission to the Masters degree Programme of Mountain Top University must possess a Bachelor’s degree from Mountain Top University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Mountain Top University.
- Candidates with a good first degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division from Mountain Top University, or any other university recognized by the senate of Mountain Top University may apply.
Duration – Minimum duration of study for the award of the Masters degree is two academic sessions for full-time.
PH.D DEGREE PROGRAMME:
- Candidates seeking admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) degree Programme of Mountain Top University must (in their relevant discipline) possess the Bachelor and Masters Degrees of Mountain Top University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Mountain Top University.
- To qualify for direct entry into the Ph.D degree programme, a candidate must have a minimum CGPA of 4.00 on a 5.00 point scale or equivalent (60%) in the Master’s (M.A/M.Sc/M.Eng/M.Tech) degree result.
- Candidates who graduated with CGPA of 3.50–3.99 on a 5.00 point scale or equivalent (55–59%) in the Master’s degree may be considered for M.Phil/Ph.D programme. Mountain Top University shall award M.Phil degree to M.Phil/Ph.D candidate who fails to meet up with a minimum CGPA of 4.00 upon the completion of coursework examination. Such candidate shall proceed to write a long essay/dissertation and upon successful defence of the dissertation would be awarded an M.Phil degree in the respective discipline.
- The M.Phil/Ph.D programme is intended to prepare candidates for the Ph.D degree. Candidates with professional Master’s degrees are not eligible for the Ph.D programme except they obtained M.Sc degrees in the relevant fields. The minimum duration of study for the award of Ph.D degree is three academic sessions for full-time mode.
Photocopies of NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificates, photocopies of all qualifying credentials, including O’level must be attached to the completed application forms. Candidates should arrange for their transcripts to be sent directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Non-receipt of transcripts in time is at the detriment of the applicant.
DURATION OF STUDIES
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- Full-Time Diploma: Minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters.
- Part-Time Diploma: Minimum of three semester and a maximum of eight semesters.
Masters Degree Programmes
- Full-Time: A minimum of three semesters and a maximum of six semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of four semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Full-Time: A minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A Minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters
- Full-Time: A Minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters.
How To Apply for MTU Postgraduate Admission Form
Interested candidates shall complete the application form on the University portal and provide all relevant documents as specified on the application form which includes;
- Certificates of degrees and/or diplomas
- Academic transcripts, reference letters
- Statement of purpose
- Concept note on the proposed area of research.
Candidates who are Nigerian citizens shall, in addition, provide the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate.
Each candidate shall request and ensure that the institution(s) attended process and forward official academic transcript(s) directly to the registrar via email email@example.com
Only candidates whose transcripts have been received shall be considered for admission.
Note that you will be required to submit your academic transcript as part of the application process as failure to do so will be automatic disqualification of your form.
MTU PG FORM CLOSING DATE
MTU postgraduate form application deadline is 31st December, 2022. The application portal will be shut down and all completed forms must be submitted on or before the due date. Note that there shall be no further extension of the closing date.
I hope this has helped? Do you have any questions as regards Mountain Top University, PG part time form 2022/2023? Please reach out to us via the comment section or our contact us page.