Nasarawa State University, school of postgraduate studies through the management of the university has announced the sale of NSUK postgraduate admission form for 2022/2023 academic session. NSUK PG form is made available online for candidates interested in running a postgraduate programme at NSUK and must have met the PG admission requirement for the proposed programme.
This post will serve as a guide in applying for NSUK postgraduate application form both for first-time applicants and returning applicants as it would cover every grey area about NSUK PG admission form which includes the commencement date for the sale of NSUK PG admission form, the application procedure, duration of all PG programmes, cost of the PG form and the closing date of NSUK PG admission form.
Before we proceed, as usual, based on the challenges faced by past NSUK PG applicants in their application process, I thought it necessary to address them all in order for you to avoid encountering such in your registration.
I will be listing all the frequently asked questions as it relates to NSUK postgraduate admission form. These questions as stated above are from past and current applicants. It is advised you note them down as it would assist in your application process.
The NSUK format below indicates the FAQs and their appropriate answers with regards to NSUK PG form after which I will make available, NSUK postgraduate general admission requirements, how to apply for NSUK postgraduate admission form.
FAQs on NSUKPG Admission Form
Q – Is NSUK postgraduate admission form 2022/2023 out?
A – NSUK PG admission form is out and the online application has begun.
Q – How can I apply for NSUK PG admission form?
A – NSUK PG part-time registration procedure has been provided below as approved by the management of the university.
Q – How much is NSUK PG admission form?
A – Applicants are required to purchase the Nasarawa state University, School of Postgraduate Studies Form at a fee of N15, 000 (Fifteen Thousand Naira Only).
Q – I am still running my NYSC, can I apply for NSUK PG form?
A – NYSC discharge certificate is an important document for applying for NSUK postgraduate programme. Therefore without your NYSC discharge certificate, you cannot apply.
Q – I have NYSC exemption letter, can I apply for NSUK PG application form?
A – Yes you are eligible, all you need to do is present your exemption letter
Q – What is the closing date of NSUK PG admission form?
A – NSUK PG form closing date is yet to be announced.
The above are the FAQs on Nasarawa state University, postgraduate admission form for both current and prospective applicants. However, please feel free to ask questions via the comment section should you have any.
NSUK PG admission form application procedure will be a seamless one because I will simplify the application steps required to apply for the admission form so that new and prospective applicants can apply with ease. Applicants who have previously registered and participated in the prior registration exercise but were unsuccessful can also benefit from the information provided here.
Nasarawa State University, postgraduate admission form application process this academic session is the same step used by applicants during the previous session, the only major difference is the closing date of the application form. Going by the above information, it is important to point out that the schools that are affiliated to NSUK PG school are to follow the application steps outlined below but first let’s go through the requirements for applying for the form online.
Requirements for Applying for NSUK Postgraduate Admission Form
- Ph.D. Degree Programmes:
These are available to holders of M.A; M.Ed.; M.Sc. and LL.M degrees, with a minimum of 4.00 Cumulative Grade Point Average CGPA or equivalent 60% score in their academic Master degree programmes. A Ph.D. degree programme runs for a minimum period of six (6) semesters and a maximum period of ten (10) semesters. Relevant courses will be taken for the Ph.D. full-time studies where prescribed and a Thesis is required at the end of the Ph.D. programme.
- M.Phil /Ph.D. Degree Programmes:
Candidates who score less than 4.0 CGPA or equivalent 60% score in M.A., M.Ed., M.Sc., LL.M. can apply for admission into the Master of Philosophy (M.Phil/Ph.D.) degree programme. The M.Phil/Ph.D. the degree program is available only to full-time candidates. It runs for a minimum period of two (2) semesters and a maximum period of four (4) semesters. Candidates in this category are eligible for conversion to Ph.D. To be eligible for conversion for the Ph.D. programme, candidates are expected to score not less than 4.00 CGPA at the end of the first session.
- Master Degree Programmes:
M.A., M.Ed., M.Sc., LL.M. degrees run for a minimum period of 4 semesters and a maximum period of 6 semesters for full-time candidates; a minimum period of 6 semesters and a maximum period of 8 semesters for part-time candidates. All Master Degree Programmes are by coursework. This is in addition to a research report in form of a Dissertation or Research project. HND with PGDs at upper credit may be acceptable.
- Postgraduate Diploma Programmes:
Postgraduate Diploma degrees are available to candidates with a Third class (honors) degree and a Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of lower credit or its equivalents. The Diplomas run for a minimum period of 2 semesters and a maximum period of 4 semesters for full-time candidates or a minimum period of 4 semesters and a maximum period of 6 semesters for part-time candidates.
- General information
The Postgraduate session for Postgraduate programmes is two (2) semesters, commencing in October and ending in September of the following year, starting from the date of first registration.
NSUK POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR PGD, MASTERS, AND PHD PROGRAMMES
- All Certificates shall be available at the point of purchasing the application form, including the National Youth Service Corp DISCHARGE CERTIFICATE OR EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE.
- Candidates are expected to submit their application forms online together with scanned copies of their credentials.
- Transcripts of Academic Records should be forwarded to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. The Postgraduate School will not be held liable for any misdirected transcript, please.
- All candidates must have 5 O/L Credit passes, including English Language and Mathematics.
- Applicants for the Master’s degree programmes who are graduates of NSUK(Narasawa State University, Keffi) and other recognized Universities must have a minimum of Second Class Honours Degree (Lower Division) and must be applying for programmes in which they have their first degrees. However, applicants with Second Class Honours Degree (Lower Division) and those with higher classes of degrees seeking admissions into programmes outside those in which they have their first degrees may be admitted, provided they satisfy Senate All Candidates shall apply early for their official Bachelor’s degree transcript to be sent to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, before the expiration of the deadline.
- Applicants for the Postgraduate programmes will be subjected to written assessment (qualifying examination) irrespective of the class of degree obtained.
Photocopies of NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificates, photocopies of all qualifying credentials, including O’level must be attached to the completed application forms. Candidates should arrange for their transcripts to be sent directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Non-receipt of transcripts in time is at the detriment of the applicant.
DURATION OF STUDIES
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- Full-Time Diploma: Minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters.
- Part-Time Diploma: Minimum of three semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
Masters Degree Programmes
- Full-Time: A minimum of three semesters and a maximum of six semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of four semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Full-Time: A minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters
- Full-Time: A minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters.
How To Apply for NSUK Postgraduate Admission Form
To apply for NSUK PG form online, the following steps must be strictly adhered to:
STEP 1: Candidates are to visit NSUK postgraduate website on https://forms.nsuk.edu.ng/apply/. Please, follow the outlined steps and procedures.
NSUK PG FORM CLOSING DATE
The management has announced that the closing date for submission of all completed forms is the 15th of August, 2022 which is on a Thursday precisely.