Olabisi Onabanjo University, School of postgraduate studies through the management of the university has announced the sale of OOU postgraduate admission form for 2022/2023 academic session. OOU PG form is made available online for candidates interested in running a postgraduate programme at OOU and must have met the PG admission requirement for the proposed programme.
This post will serve as a guide in applying for OOU postgraduate application form both for first time applicants and returning applicants as it would cover every grey area about OOU PG admission form which includes the commencement date for the sale of OOU PG admission form, the application procedure, duration of all PG programmes, cost of the PG form and the closing date of OOU PG admission form.
Before we proceed, as usual, based on the challenges faced by past OOU PG applicants in their application process, I thought it necessary to address them all in order for you to avoid encountering such in your registration.
I will be listing all the frequently asked questions as it relates to OOU postgraduate admission form. These questions as stated above are from past and current applicants. It is advised you note them down as it would assist in your application process.
The OOU format below indicates the FAQs and their appropriate answers with regards to OOU PG form after which I will make available, OOU postgraduate general admission requirements, how to apply for OOU postgraduate admission form.
FAQs on OOU PG Admission Form
Q – Is OOU postgraduate admission form 2022/2023 out?
A – OOU PG admission form is out and the online application has begun.
Q – How can I apply for OOU PG admission form?
A – OOU PG part-time registration procedure has been provided below as approved by the management of the university.
Q – How much is OOU PG admission form?
A – Applicants are required to purchase the Olabisi Onabanjo University, School of Postgraduate Studies Form at a fee of fifteen thousand naira (N15,000.00) Only.
Q – I am still running my NYSC, can I apply for OOU PG form?
A – NYSC discharge certificate is an important document for applying for OOU postgraduate programme. Therefore without your NYSC discharge certificate, you cannot apply.
Q – I have NYSC exemption letter, can I apply for OOU PG application form?
A – Yes you are eligible, all you need to do is present your exemption letter
Q – What is the closing date of OOU PG admission form?
A – OOU PG form closing date is yet to be announced.
The above are the FAQs on Olabisi Onabanjo University, postgraduate admission form for both current and prospective applicants. However, please feel free to ask questions via the comment section should you have any.
OOU PG admission form application procedure will be a seamless one because I will simplify the application steps required to apply for the admission form so that new and prospective applicants can apply with ease. Applicants who have previously registered and participated in the prior registration exercise but were unsuccessful can also benefit from the information provided here.
Olabisi Onabanjo University, postgraduate admission form application process this academic session is the same step used by applicants during the previous session, the only major difference is the closing date of the application form. Going by the above information, it is important to point out that the schools that are affiliated to OOU PG school are to follow the application steps outlined below but first let’s go through the requirements for applying for the form online.
Requirements for Applying for OOU Postgraduate Admission Form
1. POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
Applicants for admission into the Postgraduate Diploma Programme must be:
- Graduate of the Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other approved University with a minimum of Third Class.
- Holders of Higher National Diploma at not less than Lower Credit level.
2. ACADEMIC MASTER DEGREE PROGRAMMES
(i) M.A/M.Sc./M.Ed., LL.M
Applicants shall normally possess not lower than Second Class Honours (Lower Division) Degree of the Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other approved University in relevant disciplines.
3. PROFESSIONAL MASTER DEGREE PROGRAMMES
Applicants shall normally possess not lower than Second Class Honours (Lower Division) Degree of the Olabisi Onabanjo University or other approved University or a Higher National Diploma at not less than Lower Credit level or a Third Class University Degree with a Postgraduate Diploma in relevant field(s) and/or fellowship of the relevant professional body.
4. PH.D PROGRAMMES
- Candidates who obtained their Master’s degree in relevant disciplines from Olabisi Onabanjo University with a minimum of 3.50 Cumulative Grade Points would be allowed to register for Ph.D. programmes directly.
- Candidates from Olabisi Onabanjo University with Cumulative Grade Points of 3.00 to 3.49 will only be admitted for M.Phil/Ph.D. and not Ph.D. directly. Their candidature for Ph.D. shall however be determined on the basis of their performance after two (2) Semesters coursework.
- Candidates who obtained their Master’s degree in relevant disciplines from other Institutions apart from Olabisi Onabanjo University with a minimum of 3.00 Cumulative Grade Points on a 5 point Scale or a Weighted Average of 50% will only be admitted for M.Phil/Ph.D.Their candidature for Ph.D. shall however be determined on the basis of their performance after two (2) Semesters coursework.
Please note that candidates applying for the following programmes are to note their admission requirements:
M.SC. MASS COMMUNICATION
- O’ Level Credit passes in English Language and Mathematics are compulsory for all applicants for Mass Communication Programmes.
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN LAW
- Candidates having not less than Third Class Bachelor’s Degree in Law of the Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other approved University. Candidates must possess at least five credit passes at O’ Level including English Language and English Literature.
MASTER OF LAW (LL.M.)
- Holders of Bachelor of Law (LL.B) Degree of Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Olabisi Onabanjo University with a minimum of Second Class Lower; and
- Holders of Bachelor of Law (LL.B) Degree of Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Olabisi Onabanjo University who do not meet the requirement in (a) above but hold the Postgraduate Diploma in Law Degree.
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN ANAESTHESIA
- Holders of a good First Degree in Medicine and Surgery from Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other University approved by Senate of Olabisi Onabanjo University.
MASTER OF PUBLIC HEALTH (MPH)
- Graduates of Olabisi Onabanjo University with a degree of M.B.Ch.B or equivalent Medical and Dental Degrees such as MBS/BDS from other recognized Universities. Candidates must possess at least five years qualification experience (including Internship, NYSC Services plus three years working experience in areas relevant to Public Health.
M.SC. PHARMACEUTICS AND PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGY
- Holders of a good First Degree in Pharmacy (classified) from Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other University approved by Senate of Olabisi Onabanjo University.
- Holders of classified Pharmacy degrees not below Second Class Honours (Lower Division) or CGPA of not less than 3.0 may be admitted.
- Candidates must have scored acceptable grades (not less than C) in Pharmaceutics courses in their final year undergraduate examinations.
IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR INDIVIDUAL PROGRAMMES ABOVE, ALL APPLICANTS ARE TO TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING ALSO;
- All programmes in the University require O’ Level Credit pass in English Language and Mathematics in addition to three other credits in relevant subjects.
- The University Matriculation requirements of individual Departments running the programme must be satisfied before a candidate can be considered for Admission.
- For admission into any of the Programmes, possession of National Youth Service Corps (N.Y.S.C.) Discharge/Exemption/Exclusion Certificate issued by the Directorate is compulsory.
- All Applicants are to request their Alma Mater to forward the Academic Transcripts of their Higher National Diploma / 1st Degree / Postgraduate Diploma / Master’s Degree to the Secretary, Postgraduate School, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye.
- All Ph.D. candidates are required to contact the relevant Departments for the availability of Supervisors and vacancies before applying.
- Every applicant is required to submit photocopies of all certificates listed in the application form such as Degree, Diploma, NYSC, and Professional Certificates at the relevant departments.
- Completed Application Form and Acknowledgement Slip/Photo card are to be submitted to the Secretary, Postgraduate School, and to the relevant Department.
Photocopies of NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificates, photocopies of all qualifying credentials, including O’level must be attached to the completed application forms. Candidates should arrange for their transcripts to be sent directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Non-receipt of transcripts in time is at the detriment of the applicant.
DURATION OF STUDIES
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- Full-Time Diploma: Minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters.
- Part-Time Diploma: Minimum of three semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
Masters Degree Programmes
- Full-Time: A minimum of three semesters and a maximum of six semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of four semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Full-Time: A minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters
- Full-Time: A minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters.
How To Apply for OOU Postgraduate Admission Form
To apply for OOU PG admission for 2022/2023 academic session, please follow the steps below;
Step 1 – Interested applicants are to purchase the application form. The cost of OOU PG admission form is Fifteen Thousand Naira (N15,000.00) only and payment can be made via any of the two underlisted methods
- Web payment (Most preferred) via http://pgs.oouagoiwoye.edu.ng/portal/application/apply.phpOR
- Point of Sales (POS) at the Postgraduate School, Main Campus, Ago-Iwoye, or at any of the University Campuses at Aiyetoro, Ibogun, and Sagamu.
Step 2 – Fill the forms correctly and submit them.
Ensure you adhere to the instructions in the paragraph (In addition to the admission requirements).
For further details/enquiries, contact +2349024241102; +2348096772583 (Text Only).
OOU PG FORM CLOSING DATE
The closing date for submission of all duly completed forms is yet to be announced by the management of the university. Admission is still open for application.
I hope this has helped? Do you have any questions as regards Olabisi Onabanjo University, PG part-time form 2022/2023? Please reach out to us via the comment section or our contact us page.
Do not forget to share this post with others via the social media buttons below so others can benefit from it.