The government-approved scheme of work for Primary 2 mathematics for all topics is now available on our platform. This unified (used in all states) scheme of work covers all topics ranging from first term to third term which starts with introduction and revision of the previous term, midterm breaks, revision, examination, and vacation.
The Primary 2 mathematics scheme of work government-approved subjects for all primary schools in Nigeria makes this scheme of work very important. It is the government revised scheme for all topics for Primary 2 mathematics and it is applicable to all states. That is, schools (Private and government-owned) operating in all states in Nigeria are advised to make use of this scheme of work as it contains the approved curriculum.
Mathematics is a compulsory subject because they form the core foundation of development for pupils in primary school level up to secondary level.
The Primary 2 mathematics scheme of work seen here is the latest revised unified scheme of work according to the Ministry of Education. It is applicable in all states, it is the approved scheme for all basic and primary school levels that must be compulsorily adopted by all schools in Lagos, Ogun, Ibadan, Port Harcourt, Abuja, Anambra, Delta state and all states in Nigeria be it private or public schools because it is from the scheme of work that national common entrance is curled from.
The government approved Primary 2 scheme of work here states all the topics to be treated and how they should be taught. Teaching pupils in primary schools is somewhat different from secondary, for primary schools you need to be more practical in your teaching. Nowadays, audio-visual means are now being adopted by majorly private schools in teaching Primary 2 mathematics as it helps the children assimilate and remember easily, what has been taught.
Primary 2 scheme of work here also highlights the time frame given to cover each subject because it is the government’s directive that all schools finish the academic session within the same time frame hence the need to cover all topics within the stipulated period which is usually within 10 to 12 weeks.
In as much as most private schools have adopted the Montessori method of teaching which is centered on independent activity or better put, a more practical method of teaching which involves using physical objects or audiovisual materials which in turn makes children make creative choices in their learning and this is often tutored by a well-trained teacher who guides the pupils in the process, this does not in any way change or make them (private primary schools) adopt another scheme of work, it’s just a different method of imparting knowledge in their pupils.
The government-approved scheme of work for Primary 2 mathematics is the same as a scheme of work used by all states. Say, for instance, the Lagos state-approved scheme of work Primary 2 mathematics is the same as the scheme of work used in the eastern and northern region of Nigeria except for some slight changes which have to do with religious and cultural background. For instance, the scheme of work in Lagos and other southwestern states contains Yoruba Language but is not present in the northern or eastern region of Nigeria.
In this post, we shall cover the following:
- The government approved a unified scheme of work for Primary 2 mathematics for 2022
- Lagos state scheme of work for mathematics in primary school for 2022
- Unified Primary 2 scheme of work for all 36 states in Nigeria including the FCT, Abuja.
- Government-approved scheme of work for Primary 2 mathematics first term.
- Government-approved scheme of work for Primary 2 mathematics 2nd term.
- Government-approved scheme of work for Primary 2 mathematics 3rd term.
Having listed the available Primary 2 scheme of work for mathematics 2022/2023 academic session, I will be providing the full scheme below. All you need to do is identify the subject you need and make do with the information for your personal consumption.
Government Approved Scheme of Work for Primary 2 Mathematics 1st Term to 3rd Term 2022/2023 Session
Government-approved scheme of work for Primary 2 mathematics first term.
Government Approved Scheme of Work for Primary 2 Mathematics 1st Term
- Counting identification and writing of numbers from 1-200
- Counting in groups of H T U (place value)
- Number order from 1-200
- Greater than > and less than <
- Odd and even numbers
- Fractions: meaning of fraction 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5,1/6, 1/8, etc.
- Addition and subtraction of fraction
- Addition of two-digit numbers without carrying
- addition of two-digit with carrying
- subtracting of two-digit numbers without carrying
- subtracting of two-digit numbers with carrying
Primary 2 Mathematics Scheme of Work for Second Term
- Addition of three-digit number without carrying
- Multiplication of table 1-5 and uses of the symbol “x”
- Multiplication without and with carrying
- Division of numbers
- Word problem on division
- Factors:-finding factors of a number/open sentences
- Multiples and common multiples
- Money:-addition and subtraction of naira and kobo (b) changing naira to kobo and kobo to naira.
- Multiplication and division of money
Mathematics Scheme of Work for Primary 2 Third Term
- Measurement of length (non-standard/standard unit)
- Measurement, conversion of a centimeter to meter and vice versa
- Measurement:-addition and subtraction of meters and centimeters
- Areas and perimeter of rectangle, square, triangles, circle and other surfaces
- Measurement,capacity(liter).Addition and subtraction of liter and word problem of liter
- Measurement of weight, kilograms, grams, and activities
- Time and clock, half past, quarter past, quarter to, etc
- Days, Weeks, Months, and years using the calendar
- (a) Two-dimensional shapes, properties of a triangle, square, etc (b) Three-dimensional shapes
- collection of data/presentation
I hope this has been helpful, especially for school owners, teachers, parents, and guardians who need it for the personal tutoring of their wards. The Primary 2 mathematics scheme of work is government approved for all subjects taught at the elementary stage (primary school) for 2022 so if you have any questions as regards the subject matter please feel free to reach out to me via the comment section below and I will respond accordingly.