The scheme of work for Social Studies for JSS 1 (Junior Secondary schools one) in Nigeria has been made unified as approved by the ministry of education. Being unified means all schools be it private or government-owned are to adopt the same scheme as it is approved for preparing students for Social Studies exams in the West African Junior Secondary Certificate Examination.
The government-approved scheme of work for JSS 1 Social Studies for all topics is now available on our platform. This unified (used in all states) scheme of work covers all topics ranging from first term to third term which starts with introduction and revision of the previous term, midterm breaks, revision, examination, and vacation.
The JSS 1 Social Studies scheme of work government-approved subjects for all primary schools in Nigeria makes this scheme of work very important. It is the government revised scheme for all topics for JSS 1 Social Studies and it is applicable to all states. That is, schools (Private and government-owned) operating in all states in Nigeria are advised to make use of this scheme of work as it contains the approved curriculum.
Social Studies is a compulsory subject because they form the core foundation of development for students in secondary school level up to the higher institution. It is required amongst other subjects as an important subject combination in JAMB.
The JSS 1 Social Studies scheme of work seen here is the latest revised unified scheme of work according to the Ministry of Education. It is applicable in all states, it is the approved scheme for all Junior secondary school levels that must be compulsorily adopted by all schools in Lagos, Ogun, Ibadan, Port Harcourt, Abuja, Anambra, Delta state and all states in Nigeria be it private or public schools because it is from the scheme of work that WAEC questions in Social Studies are curled out from.
The government-approved JSS 1 Social Studies scheme of work here, states all the topics to be treated and how they should be taught. Teaching students in secondary schools require deep explanation and practical examples, that is, teachers need to be more practical in their teaching. Nowadays, audio-visual means are now being adopted by majorly private schools in teaching JSS 1 Social Studies as it helps the students better assimilate and recollect what has been taught.
JSS 1 Social Studies scheme of work here also highlights the time frame given to cover each subject because it is the government’s directive that all schools finish the academic session within the same time frame hence the need to cover all topics within the stipulated period which is usually within 11 to 12 weeks.
The government-approved scheme of work for JSS 1 Social Studies is the same as the scheme of work used by all states. Say, for instance, the federal government-approved scheme of work JSS 1 Social Studies is the same as the scheme of work used in the southern, eastern, and northern part of Nigeria.
In this post, we shall cover the followings:
- The government approved a unified scheme of work for JSS 1 Social Studies for 2022
- The unified scheme of work for Social Studies for JSS 1 (2022)
- Govt. approved scheme of work for JSS 1 Social Studies for all 36 states in Nigeria including the FCT, Abuja.
- Government-approved scheme of work for JSS 1 Social Studies first term.
- Government-approved scheme of work for JSS 1 Social Studies 2nd term.
- Government-approved scheme of work for JSS 1 Social Studies 3rd term.
Having listed the available JSS 1 Social Studies scheme of work for 2022/2023 academic session, I will be providing the full scheme below. All you need to do is identify the subject you need and make do with the information for your personal consumption.
Government Approved Scheme of Work for JSS 1 Social Studies 1st Term to 3rd Term 2022/2023 Session
SOCIAL STUDIES SCHEME OF WORK 2022 – FIRST TERM
- Meaning, Scope, and Nature of Social Studies.
2. Objectives & Importance of Social Studies.
3. Physical Environment: Meaning, Types, and Features.
4. Resources in Our Environment and their Uses.
5. Environmental Problem, Causes, Effects, and Solutions.
6. Social Environment: Meaning and Types; Primary and Group (Family) Types; Role and Responsibilities of Members.
7. Secondary Social Group: types, Structure, Roles, and Responsibilities of Members.
8. Conflict Within Social Group: Causes, Effect, and Steps In Conflict Resolution.
9. Influence of Man in the Environment
10. Accidents in the Home and School. Needs for Safety.
11. Accidents in the Home and School: Measures for Safety in the Home, School, Workplace and the Environment.
SOCIAL STUDIES SCHEME OF WORK 2022 – SECOND TERM
- Revision of Last Term’s Work
2. Socialization: Meaning, Significance & Processes.
3. Agents of Socialization and Effects of Socialization.
4. Culture: Meaning, Components & Features.
5. Culture: Features of Culture
6. Cultural Similarities Among Nigerians
7. Cultural Differences Among Nigerians
8. Uniqueness of Nigerian Culture
SOCIAL STUDIES SCHEME OF WORK 2022 – THIRD TERM
- Revision of Last Term’s Work
2. Social Issues and Problems Examination; Meaning and causes
3. Social Issues and Problems; Effects and Solution
4. Cultism. Meaning, Causes, Effects, and Solution.
5. HIV/AID Meaning, Causes, Effects, and Prevention.
6. Problems Associated with Contemporary Social Problems in Nigeria: Individual, Family, Nation.
7. Problems Associated with Contemporary Social Problems in Nigeria: Individual, Family, Nation.
8. Measures of Solving Contemporary Social Problems.
9. National Unity and Integration: Meaning, Needs and Importance.
10. National Unity and Integration; Meaning, Needs and Importance.
I hope this has been helpful, especially for school owners, teachers, parents, and guardians who need it for the personal tutoring of their wards. The JSS 1 Social Studies scheme of work 2022 is government approved for all subjects taught at the elementary stage (primary school) for 2022 so if you have any questions as regards the subject matter please feel free to reach out to me via the comment section below and I will respond accordingly.