Sokoto State University, school of postgraduate studies through the management of the university has announced the sale of SSU postgraduate admission form for 2023/2024 academic session. SSU PG form is made available online for candidates interested in running a postgraduate programme at SSU and must have met the PG admission requirement for the proposed programme.
This post will serve as a guide in applying for SSU postgraduate application form both for first time applicants and returning applicants as it would cover every grey area about SSU PG admission form which includes the commencement date for sale of SSU PG admission form, the application procedure, duration of all PG programmes, cost of the PG form and the closing date of SSU PG admission form.
Before we proceed, as usual, based on the challenges faced by past SSU PG applicants in their application process, I thought it necessary to address them all in order for you to avoid encountering such in your registration.
I will be listing all the frequently asked questions as it relates to SSU postgraduate admission form. These questions as stated above is from past and current applicants. It is advised you note them down as it would assist in your application process.
The SSU format below indicates the FAQs and their appropriate answers with regards to SSU PG form after which I will make available, SSU postgraduate general admission requirements, how to apply for SSU postgraduate admission form.
FAQs on SSU PG Admission Form
Q – Is SSU postgraduate admission form 2023/2024 out?
A – SSU PG admission form is out and the online application has begun.
Q – How can I apply for SSU PG admission form?
A – SSU PG part time registration procedure has been provided below as approved by the management of the university.
Q – How much is SSU PG admission form?
A – Applicants are required to purchase the Sokoto State University, School of Postgraduate Studies Form at a fee of Fifteen Thousand Naira (15,000) Only.
Q – I am still running my NYSC, can I apply for SSU PG form?
A – NYSC discharge certificate is an important document for applying for SSU postgraduate programme. Therefore without your NYSC discharge certificate, you cannot apply.
Q – I have NYSC exemption letter, can I apply for SSU PG application form?
A – Yes you are eligible, all you need to do is present your exemption letter
Q – What is the closing date of SSU PG admission form?
A – SSU PG form closing date is 6th August, 2023.
The above are the FAQs on Sokoto State University, postgraduate admission form for both current and prospective applicants. However, please feel free to ask questions via the comment section should you have any.
SSU PG admission form application procedure will be a seamless one because I will simplify the application steps required to apply for the admission form so that new and prospective applicants can apply with ease. Applicants who have previously registered and participated in the prior registration exercise but were unsuccessful can also benefit from the information provided here.
Sokoto State University, postgraduate admission form application process this academic session is the same step used by applicants during the previous session, the only major difference is the closing date of the application form. Going by the above information, it is important to point that the schools that are affiliated to SSU PG school are to follow the application steps outlined below but first let’s go through the requirements for applying for the form online.
Requirements for Applying for SSU Postgraduate Admission Form
- Please note that to apply, you must meet the admission requirements which includes sending your academic transcripts to the school of postgraduate studies Sokoto State University.
- For candidates with research-intensive terrain in PhD programmes, you must have obtained a Master’s degree in relevant areas and a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of not less than 3.0 on a scale of 5.0.
- Candidates who wants to apply for Masters programmes must have a minimum of a Second Class Lower degree in pertinent areas. Those armed with a Postgraduate Diploma or a Third Class degree, coupled with at least five years of cognate work experience, from any recognized university might also be considered.
- Candidates seeking admission into Postgraduate Diploma programmes must have obtained a Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of Lower Credit in a relevant area OR a Third Class degree in a corresponding discipline. Qualifications other than those stated, which the University deems acceptable, can also be considered.
Photocopies of NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificates, photocopies of all qualifying credentials, including O’level must be attached to the completed application forms. Candidates should arrange for their transcripts to be sent directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Non-receipt of transcripts in time is at the detriment of the applicant.
DURATION OF STUDIES
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- Full-Time Diploma: Minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters.
- Part-Time Diploma: Minimum of three semester and a maximum of eight semesters.
Masters Degree Programmes
- Full-Time: A minimum of three semesters and a maximum of six semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of four semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Full-Time: A minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A Minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters
- Full-Time: A Minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters.
How To Apply for SSU Postgraduate Admission Form
Step 1 – Visit Sokoto State University Postgraduate School Portal at: ssu.edu.ng
Step 2 – Click on the Start New Application button to create an account with us, fill in the required information and click on the Register button
Step 3 – Use your Username & Password to login into the portal
Step 4 – After that, you will be required to upload your passport and signature
Step 5 – Click on Generate Invoice Button then click on Confirmed & Generate a Customized Unified Payment Reference ID will be generated
Step 6 – Click on Pay Now or pay arena web Button to make an instant payment or print your invoice and proceed to any of the banks on the invoice to make payment
Step 7 – After payment login to your account, an application number will be generated
Step 8 – Update your biodata, O-level and A-level records
Step 9 – Upload your academic certificates
Step 10 – Enter the details of 3 referees on the form provided
Step 11 – Research Proposal for Ph. D Applicants only
Step 12 – Click on the final Submission button Note: once you click on final submission you cannot edit your record again
Step 13 – Print your form and acknowledge slip for record purposes.
SSU PG FORM CLOSING DATE
The closing date for submission of all duly completed forms is 6th August, 2023.
I hope this has helped? Do you have any questions as regards Sokoto State University, PG part-time form 2023/2024? Please reach out to us via the comment section or our contact us page.