The lesson note for SS1 Chemistry first term is now available for Tutors, parents, guardians and students who have been searching for an accurate and updated 2022 note.
Please note that the first term lesson note is curled out from the approved scheme of work for Senior Secondary school. So you can do your verification as well and compare the first term lesson note for SS1 Chemistry as seen on the free PDF file made available towards the end of this post.
The SS1 Chemistry lesson note for first term is in line with the 2022 SS1 Chemistry scheme of work for the term. This means the SS1 Chemistry lesson note is tailored towards achieving the aim and objective for the subject as mandated by the ministry of education.
Below is The Chemistry Scheme of work from which the Chemistry SS1 first term lesson note was drafted from:
SCHEME OF WORK
- Introduction to Chemistry: Meaning of chemistry, Career prospects tied to chemistry, application of chemistry, adverse effects of chemicals and, Scientific methods.
- Particulate Nature of Matter:Physical and chemical changes, elements and their symbols, Atoms, molecules, atomicity and Dalton’s atomic theory and its Modifications.
- Particulate Nature of Matter:Electronic configuration (K,L,M,N), Atomic number, mass number, Isotopy and Relative atomic mass based on C-12 isotope.
- Valency, oxidation number, ions and Radicals: Valency of elements, oxidation number of elements in compounds, ions and radicals.
- Formulae and Equations: Chemical formulae, Chemical equations, Empirical and Molecular formulae, Relative Molecular Mass, Molar mass and Percentage composition by mass of an element.
- Laws of chemical combination:law of conservation of matters, law of constant composition, law of multiple proportions and Law of Reciprocal proportion
- 7. Mid-Term Break and Holiday Assignment
- Chemical Combination: Types of chemical bonds, IUPAC system of naming inorganic compounds.
- Chemical industries: Types of chemical industries, importance of chemical industries and excursion to chemical industries.
- Revision and preparation for examination.
At the end of the lesson, the students should be able to understand the following concepts:
- Meaning of chemistry
- Particulate Nature of Matter
- Electronic configuration
- Atomic number
- Mass number
- oxidation number
- Laws of chemical combination
- Chemical industries
The above are what is expected of a SS1 student to know and be able to understand with ease. The SS1 Chemistry first term lesson note here is aided with graphics so it makes it easier not just for the students but for the teachers too.
I have made the SS1 Chemistry first term lesson note available in a PDF format for free download without any extra cost as this would ease the passage of knowledge from teachers to students without hinderances. It is a my little way of giving back to the educational sector where I belong.
All you need do is click the download button below to get the PDF file of the Chemistry first term lesson note for first term.
SS1 Chemistry First Term Lesson Note 2022
To get the updated SS1 Chemistry first term lesson note for 2022 please see the download button below. You can save to your personal device so it can be accessed anytime.
DOWNLOAD SS1 1ST TERM CHEMISTRY E-NOTES REVIEW DOC File
I hope the above has helped? Please feel free to ask questions as regards the Chemistry approved SS1 Chemistry first term lesson note for 2022 if you have any and I will be glad to assist.
Kindly make use of the share button below so others can gain from this vital piece of information.