The lesson note for SS1 Chemistry third term is now available for Tutors, parents, guardians and students who have been searching for an accurate and updated 2022 note.
Please note that the third term lesson note is curled out from the approved scheme of work for Senior Secondary school. So you can do your verification as well and compare the third term lesson note for SS1 Chemistry as seen on the free PDF file made available towards the end of this post.
The SS1 Chemistry lesson note for third term is in line with the 2022 SS1 Chemistry scheme of work for the term. This means the SS1 Chemistry lesson note is tailored towards achieving the aim and objective for the subject as mandated by the ministry of education.
Below is The Chemistry Scheme of work from which the Chemistry SS1 third term lesson note was drafted from:
SCHEME OF WORK
CLASS: S S 1
- Revision of last term’s work
- Acids, Bases and Salts: Definition and Characteristics of Acids, Preparation of Acids, Reactions of Acids, Uses of Acids
- Acids, Bases and Salts: Definition, Characteristics and Preparation of bases Reactions and Uses of bases, Relative acidity and
alkalinity (the pH scale)
- Acids Bases and Salts:definition and characteristics of salts, preparation of salts and, types of salts, uses and hydrolysis of salt
- Water:source of water, types of water (soft and hard),water pollutants, uses of water and laboratory preparation of water
- Carbon and Its Compounds:Carbon, allotropes and their structures, properties, difference between diamond and graphite,
chemical properties of carbon, coal and types of coal
- Mid –Term Break and Holiday Assignment
- Carbon and its Compounds:carbon(IV) oxide, CO2, preparations, properties and uses, carbon(II) oxide, CO, preparations,
properties and uses. Synthetic gases, metallic trioxocarbonates; occurrences, preparation and uses, test for carbon ion
- Carbon and its Compounds:hydrocarbon and its main classes, crude oil and natural gas- fractional distillation of crude oil and
uses of petroleum fractions, cracking of petroleum fractions, reforming, octane number and knocking, importance of crude oil
At the end of the lesson, the students should be able to understand the following concepts:
- Acids, Bases and Salts
- Water: source of water, types of water
- Carbon and Its Compounds
The above are what is expected of a SS1 student to know and be able to understand with ease. The SS1 Chemistry third term lesson note here is aided with graphics so it makes it easier not just for the students but for the teachers too.
I have made the SS1 Chemistry third term lesson note available in a PDF format for free download without any extra cost as this would ease the passage of knowledge from teachers to students without hinderances. It is a my little way of giving back to the educational sector where I belong.
All you need do is click the download button below to get the PDF file of the Chemistry third term lesson note for third term.
SS1 Chemistry Third Term Lesson Note 2022
To get the updated SS1 Chemistry third term lesson note for 2022 please see the download button below. You can save to your personal device so it can be accessed anytime.
DOWNLOAD SS1 3RD TERM CHEMISTRY E-NOTES DOC File
I hope the above has helped? Please feel free to ask questions as regards the Chemistry approved SS1 Chemistry third term lesson note for 2022 if you have any and I will be glad to assist.
Kindly make use of the share button below so others can gain from this vital piece of information.