The lesson note for SS1 Government first term is now available for Tutors, parents, guardians and students who have been searching for an accurate and updated 2022 note.
Please note that the first term lesson note is curled out from the approved scheme of work for Senior Secondary school. So you can do your verification as well and compare the first term lesson note for SS1 Government as seen on the free PDF file made available towards the end of this post.
The SS1 Government lesson note for first term is in line with the 2022 SS1 Government scheme of work for the term. This means the SS1 Government lesson note is tailored towards achieving the aim and objective for the subject as mandated by the ministry of education.
Below is The Government Scheme of work from which the Government SS1 first term lesson note was drafted from:
SCHEME OF WORK
Meaning and scope of the subject Matter
1&2(i) Government as an institution of the State
- ii) Government as an Art or process.
iii) Government as an Academic field of study
- iv) importance of studying Government .
3 i) The state and its Features
- ii) The Nation and its Features
iii) The Society
- iv) The Difference/Relationship between state, Nation and the Society.
Basic concepts of Government
- Power, Definition, forms of power
- i) The Acquisition and Exercise of power
- ii) Authority: Meaning, sources, Types, Differences between power & Authority
- i) Legitimacy: meaning, Factors of Determining legitimacy.
- ii) Sovereignty: meaning, Characteristics, Types, Location and Limitation
6&7 i) Democracy: Definition, Features, Types, Merits and Demerits, condition Necessary for a successful operation of Democracy
- ii) Political culture: Meaning, component Determinant
iii) Political socialization: Definition & Agent
- i) Communism: Definitions, Characteristics.
- ii) Socialism: Definition, features, Merits & Demerits and difference between Capitalism and Socialism.
- i) Communalism: meaning and features
- ii) Feudalism: Definition, Features, Merits & Demerits
iii) Fascism: meaning, features
- iv) Totalitarianism: Definition & features
- v) Oligarchy
10&11 Unitary System of Govt
Federal system of Government
12 & 13 Revision and Examination
At the end of the lesson, the students should be able to understand the following concepts:
- Define Government as an Institution of the state
- Government as an act or process
- Government as an academic field of study
- A state and state its features
- The nation and its features
- The society as well.
- Define power
- State the forms of power
- State sources of power
- List sources of political authority.
- Define Legitimacy
- State the factors that affect legitimacy
- Define Sovereignty.
- List the characteristics of Sovereignty.
- State the achievements of O. A. U
- Account for the failures of O. A. U
- The assembly of Heads of State and Government.
The above are what is expected of a SS1 student to know and be able to understand with ease. The SS1 Government first term lesson note here is aided with graphics so it makes it easier not just for the students but for the teachers too.
I have made the SS1 Government first term lesson note available in a PDF format for free download without any extra cost as this would ease the passage of knowledge from teachers to students without hinderances. It is a my little way of giving back to the educational sector where I belong.
All you need do is click the download button below to get the PDF file of the Government first term lesson note for first term.
SS1 Government First Term Lesson Note 2022
To get the updated SS1 Government first term lesson note for 2022 please see the download button below. You can save to your personal device so it can be accessed anytime.
DOWNLOAD SS1 FIRST TERM GOVERNMENT DOC File
I hope the above has helped? Please feel free to ask questions as regards the Government approved SS1 Government first term lesson note for 2022 if you have any and I will be glad to assist.
Kindly make use of the share button below so others can gain from this vital piece of information.