The lesson note for SS2 Chemistry second term is now available for Tutors, parents, guardians and students who have been searching for an accurate and updated 2023 note.
Please note that the second term lesson note is curled out from the approved scheme of work for Senior Secondary school. So you can do your verification as well and compare the second term lesson note for SS2 Chemistry as seen on the free PDF file made available towards the end of this post.
The SS2 Chemistry lesson note for second term is in line with the 2023 SS2 Chemistry scheme of work for the term. This means the SS2 Chemistry lesson note is tailored towards achieving the aim and objective for the subject as mandated by the ministry of education.
Below is The Chemistry Scheme of work from which the Chemistry SS2 second term lesson note was drafted from:
SCHEME OF WORK
- Revision of last term’s work
- Hydrogen: Configuration, possible oxidation, Isotopes of hydrogen and unique Position of hydrogen in the periodic table, Laboratory and Industrial preparation of hydrogen, Physical and Chemical Properties, compounds of hydrogen, Uses and Test of Hydrogen.
- Oxygen: Laboratory and industrial preparation of oxygen, general properties of
oxygen- Physical and chemical properties of oxygen, Oxides of oxygen, Uses and
Test of oxygen
- Halogens: 1. Electronic Configuration of Halogens, Physical Properties of Halogens
and Gradation down the Group, Chemical properties of halogens and Gradation
down the group, Uses of halogens and their compounds.
- Halogens: Preparation of chlorine (Laboratory and Industrial), Properties of chlorine
(Physical and chemical), Hydrogen chloride gas: Laboratory preparation, Properties
and uses, Test for HCl gas and Fountain experiment.
- Nitrogen: General properties of Nitrogen–group VA elements, Laboratory and
Industrial preparation of Nitrogen, Properties and Uses of Nitrogen, Compound of nitrogen – Ammonia- Laboratory and Industrial Preparation, Properties and Uses, Test for Ammonia, Fountain experiment
- Mid-Term Break and Holiday ASSIGNMENT
- Nitrogen: Compounds of Nitrogen: Trioxonitrate(V) acid – Laboratory Preparation,
Properties and Uses, Trioxonitrate(V) salts- Action of heat, Test for trioxonitrate(V)
- Sulphur: General Properties of Group VIA Element, Allotropes and uses of sulphur,
Compounds of sulphur- Trioxosulphate(IV) acids and its salts, Tetraoxosulphate(VI)
acid: Industrial preparation, Reactions and uses.
At the end of the lesson, the students should be able to understand the following concepts:
- Hydrogen: Configuration, possible oxidation, Isotopes of hydrogen and unique Position of hydrogen in the periodic table
The above are what is expected of a SS2 student to know and be able to understand with ease. The SS2 Chemistry second term lesson note here is aided with graphics so it makes it easier not just for the students but for the teachers too.
I have made the SS2 Chemistry second term lesson note available in a PDF format for free download without any extra cost as this would ease the passage of knowledge from teachers to students without hinderances. It is a my little way of giving back to the educational sector where I belong.
All you need do is click the download button below to get the PDF file of the Chemistry second term lesson note for second term.
SS2 Chemistry Second Term Lesson Note 2023
To get the updated SS2 Chemistry second term lesson note for 2023 please see the download button below. You can save to your personal device so it can be accessed anytime.
DOWNLOAD SS2 2ND TERM new DOC File
I hope the above has helped? Please feel free to ask questions as regards the Chemistry approved SS2 Chemistry second term lesson note for 2023 if you have any and I will be glad to assist.
Kindly make use of the share button below so others can gain from this vital piece of information.