The lesson note for SS2 Government first term is now available for Tutors, parents, guardians and students who have been searching for an accurate and updated 2022 note.
Please note that the first term lesson note is curled out from the approved scheme of work for Senior Secondary school. So you can do your verification as well and compare the first term lesson note for SS2 Government as seen on the free PDF file made available towards the end of this post.
The SS2 Government lesson note for first term is in line with the 2022 SS2 Government scheme of work for the term. This means the SS2 Government lesson note is tailored towards achieving the aim and objective for the subject as mandated by the ministry of education.
Below is The Government Scheme of work from which the Government SS2 first term lesson note was drafted from:
SCHEME OF WORK
THEME: POLITICAL PARTIES, PRESSURE GROUPS AND ELECTION
- Revision of work done in SS1/Electoral Process: (1) Election: (a) Election: meaning and purpose. (b) Suffrage: meaning, history and types. (c) Franchise: meaning, purpose and types. (d) Purposes of holding elections.
- Electoral Process: (2) Types of Electoral System: (a) Characteristics, advantages and disadvantages of electoral systems. (b) Types – (i) Simple, (ii) Absolute, (iii) Proportional representation, (iv) Direct and Indirect electoral system. (c) Second ballot.
- Electoral Process: (3) Organization of Elections: (a) Features of Free and Fair Elections. (b) The stage of elections. (c) Transparency. (d) Free and fair elections. (e) Integrity, honesty.
- Electoral Process: (4) Electoral Commission and Electoral Officials: (a) Electoral Commission: (i) Roles or duties (ii) Problems (iii) Organization. (b) Electoral officials: (i) Electoral officer (ii) Supervisory Presiding Officer, (iii) Presiding Officer, (iv) Polling Clerk (v) Polling Agent.
- Public Opinion:(a) Definition of public opinion. (b) How public opinion is formed. (c) Measurement of public opinion. (iv) Importance of public opinion.
- Mass Media:(a) Mass media – meaning, roles, impact. (b) Watch dog.
- Mid-Term Break
THEME: PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- Civil Service: (a) Meaning of Civil Service. (b) Characteristics of the Civil Service. (c) Functions. (d) Structure of the Civil Service. (i) Administrative/professional. (ii) Executive. (iii) Clerical, etc. (e) Honesty, integrity.
- Personnel Administration in the Civil Service: (a) Meaning of the Civil Service Commission. (b) Functions of the Civil Service Commission. (c) Relationship between the Civil Service and Political executives.
- Public Corporations: (1) Meaning – (a) Definition. (b) Reasons for setting public corporations. (c) Functions of public corporations. (d) Examples of public corporations.
At the end of the lesson, the students should be able to understand the following concepts:
- Election: meaning and purpose
- Types of Electoral System
- Features of Free and Fair Elections
- Definition of public opinion
- Meaning of Civil Service
- Characteristics of the Civil Service
- Meaning of the Civil Service Commission
The above are what is expected of a SS2 student to know and be able to understand with ease. The SS2 Government first term lesson note here is aided with graphics so it makes it easier not just for the students but for the teachers too.
I have made the SS2 Government first term lesson note available in a PDF format for free download without any extra cost as this would ease the passage of knowledge from teachers to students without hinderances. It is a my little way of giving back to the educational sector where I belong.
All you need do is click the download button below to get the PDF file of the Government first term lesson note for first term.
SS2 Government First Term Lesson Note 2022
To get the updated SS2 Government first term lesson note for 2022 please see the download button below. You can save to your personal device so it can be accessed anytime.
DOWNLOAD GOVT. SS 2 FIRST TERM DOC File
I hope the above has helped? Please feel free to ask questions as regards the Government approved SS2 Government first term lesson note for 2022 if you have any and I will be glad to assist.
Kindly make use of the share button below so others can gain from this vital piece of information.