Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, school of postgraduate studies through the management of the university has announced the sale of UMYU postgraduate admission form for 2022/2023 academic session. UMYU PG form is made available online for candidates interested in running a postgraduate programme at UMYU and must have met the PG admission requirement for the proposed programme.
This post will serve as a guide in applying for UMYU postgraduate application form both for first time applicants and returning applicants as it would cover every grey area about UMYU PG admission form which includes the commencement date for sale of UMYU PG admission form, the application procedure, duration of all PG programmes, cost of the PG form and the closing date of UMYU PG admission form.
Before we proceed, as usual, based on the challenges faced by past UMYU PG applicants in their application process, I thought it necessary to address them all in order for you to avoid encountering such in your registration.
I will be listing all the frequently asked questions as it relates to UMYU postgraduate admission form. These questions as stated above is from past and current applicants. It is advised you note them down as it would assist in your application process.
The UMYU format below indicates the FAQs and their appropriate answers with regards to UMYU PG form after which I will make available, UMYU postgraduate general admission requirements, how to apply for UMYU postgraduate admission form.
FAQs on UMYUPG Admission Form
Q – Is UMYU postgraduate admission form 2022/2023 out?
A – UMYU PG admission form is out and the online application has begun..
Q – How can I apply for UMYU PG admission form?
A – UMYU PG part time registration procedure has been provided below as approved by the management of the university.
Q – How much is UMYU PG admission form?
A – Applicants are required to purchase the Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, School of Postgraduate Studies Form at a fee of ten thousand five hundred naira only (₦10,500).
Q – I am still running my NYSC, can I apply for UMYU PG form?
A – NYSC discharge certificate is an important document for applying for UMYU postgraduate programme. Therefore without your NYSC discharge certificate, you cannot apply.
Q – I have NYSC exemption letter, can I apply for UMYU PG application form?
A – Yes you are eligible, all you need to do is present your exemption letter
Q – What is the closing date of UMYU PG admission form?
A – UMYU PG form closing date is yet to be announced.
The above are the FAQs on Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, postgraduate admission form for both current and prospective applicants. However, please feel free to ask questions via the comment section should you have any.
UMYU PG admission form application procedure will be a seamless one because I will simplify the application steps required to apply for the admission form so that new and prospective applicants can apply with ease. Applicants who have previously registered and participated in the prior registration exercise but were unsuccessful can also benefit from the information provided here.
Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, postgraduate admission form application process this academic session is the same step used by applicants during the previous session, the only major difference is the closing date of the application form. Going by the above information, it is important to point that the schools that are affiliated to UMYU PG school are to follow the application steps outlined below but first let’s go through the requirements for applying for the form online.
Requirements for Applying for UMYU Postgraduate Admission Form
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION
The following shall qualify for Postgraduate Diploma in Education Programme:
- Graduates of recognized Universities;
- Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of Lower Credit pass or its equivalent in relevant areas;
- Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) without Education obtained at Credit level with a three (3) years relevant Postgraduate experience;
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than the above, which are acceptable to the Senate of the University;
- Candidates with Third Class degree in areas other than Education can be considered after three (3) years relevant Postgraduate experience. Those in the Education may be considered in their areas of specialization;
- All candidates shall be subjected to a selection process.
The following shall qualify for the Masters’ Degree Programmes:
- Graduates of recognized Universities who have obtained the approved Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field; with at least Second-Class Honours or its equivalent;
- Candidates who holds qualifications other than the ones listed above, which are acceptable to the Senate of the University.
The following shall qualify for Professional Masters’ Degree Admission:
- Candidates of recognized Universities who have obtained the approved Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field; with at least Second-Class Honours or its equivalent;
- Candidates with any Bachelors’ degree in Third Class division who have at least five (5) years relevant working experience;
- Candidate who possess Higher National Diploma (HND) with at least a Credit pass at Postgraduate Diploma of a recognized Institutions;
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than the ones listed above, which are acceptable to the Senate of the University.
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (Ph.D)
The following shall qualify for the Doctor of Philosophy admission:
- Graduates of recognized universities who have obtained a good Master’s Degree appropriate to the proposed areas of study;
- Graduates of recognized Universities who have obtained Masters of Philosophy degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 on five points scale on relevant field of study to proceed for Ph.D in the appropriate field to the proposed area of study;
- In addition to (1) and (2) above, a candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with Second Class Lower division;
- Candidate who hold qualification other than the above, which are acceptable to the Senate of the University;
- Candidate must state the proposed area of research and submit a synopsis of not less than 500 words of the proposed topic of research.
In addition to A, B and C above, a candidate must satisfy the University’s matriculation requirements of the programme i.e five (5) relevant Credit Passes at the O’level to include English Language and Mathematics.
Photocopies of NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificates, photocopies of all qualifying credentials, including O’level must be attached to the completed application forms. Candidates should arrange for their transcripts to be sent directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Non-receipt of transcripts in time is at the detriment of the applicant.
DURATION OF STUDIES
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- Full-Time Diploma: Minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters.
- Part-Time Diploma: Minimum of three semester and a maximum of eight semesters.
Masters Degree Programmes
- Full-Time: A minimum of three semesters and a maximum of six semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of four semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Full-Time: A minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A Minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters
- Full-Time: A Minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters.
How To Apply for UMYU Postgraduate Admission Form
STEP 1 – Interested candidates for any of the Postgraduate Programmes can apply online via the University Portal (https://collegeportal.umyu.edu.ng/pg/applicant/index/
STEP 2 – The procedures of payment of application fees (₦10,500) are available at https://collegeportal.umyu.edu.ng/pg/applicant/index/
STEP 3 – All candidates are required to request their previous Institutions to forward soft or hard copies of their academic transcripts accompanied by Form B (downloadable on the University website), to the Secretary Postgraduate School, Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina.
STEP 4 – Soft copy of academic transcripts should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All academic transcripts should reach the Secretary of the Postgraduate School not later than the closing date of the application.
Click HERE to start.
UMYU PG FORM CLOSING DATE
UMYU postgraduate form will be available from 9th July to 30th July, 2021 after which the form will no longer be available online for registration.
I hope this has helped? Do you have any questions as regards UMYU postgraduate full time admission form? Please reach out to us via the comment section or our contact us page and we shall.
Do not forget to share this post with others via the social media buttons below so others can benefit from it.