University of Benin school of postgraduate studies through the management of the university has announced the sale of UNIBEN postgraduate admission form for 2023/2024 academic session. UNIBEN PG form is made available online for candidates interested in running a postgraduate programme at UNIBEN and must have met the PG admission requirement for the proposed programme.
This post will serve as a guide in applying for UNIBEN postgraduate application form both for first time applicants and returning applicants as it would cover every grey area about UNIBEN PG admission form which includes the commencement date for sale of UNIBEN PG admission form, the application procedure, duration of all PG programmes, cost of the PG form and the closing date of UNIBEN PG admission form.
Before we proceed, as usual, based on the challenges faced by past UNIBEN PG applicants in their application process, I thought it necessary to address them all in order for you to avoid encountering such in your registration.
I will be listing all the frequently asked questions as it relates to UNIBEN postgraduate admission form. These questions as stated above is from past and current applicants. It is advised you note them down as it would assist in your application process.
The UNIBEN format below indicates the FAQs and their appropriate answers with regards to UNIBEN PG form after which I will make available, UNIBEN postgraduate general admission requirements, how to apply for UNIBEN postgraduate admission form.
FAQs on UNIBEN PG Admission Form
Q – Is UNIBEN postgraduate admission form 2023/2024out?
A – UNIBEN PG admission form is out and the online application has begun.
Q – How can I apply for UNIBEN PG admission form?
A – UNIBEN PG part time registration procedure has been provided below as approved by the management of the university.
Q – How much is UNIBEN PG admission form?
A – Cost of UNIBEN PG admission form is twenty-one thousand naira (N21,000.00) only.
Q – I am still running my NYSC, can I apply for UNIBEN PG form?
A – The answer is NO. Only candidates with NYSC discharge certificate are eligible to apply for UNIBEN postgraduate form.
Q – I have NYSC exemption letter, can I apply for UNIBEN PG application form?
A – Yes you are eligible, all you need to do is present your exemption letter
Q – What is the closing date of UNIBEN PG admission form?
A – UNIBEN PG form closing date is yet to be announced.
The above are the FAQs on University of Benin postgraduate admission form for both current and prospective applicants. However, please feel free to ask questions via the comment section should you have any.
UNIBEN PG admission form application procedure will be a seamless one because I will simplify the application steps required to apply for the admission form so that new and prospective applicants can apply with ease. Applicants who have previously registered and participated in the prior registration exercise but were unsuccessful can also benefit from the information provided here.
University of Benin postgraduate admission form application process this academic session is the same step used by applicants during the previous session, the only major difference is the closing date of the application form. Going by the above information, it is important to point that the schools that are affiliated to UNIBENPG school are to follow the application steps outlined below but first let’s go through the requirements for applying for the form online.
Requirements for Applying for UNIBEN Postgraduate Admission Form
- A) Applicants for postgraduate studies in the University of Benin must have obtained a minimum of five (5) credits in WASC, NECO, GCE (ordinary level or their equivalents,) NOTE: A CREDIT PASS IN MATHS AND ENGLISH IS REQUIRED.
- B) Also applicable is four credits at Ordinary level, plus OND (not pass), NCE, IJMB or Advance level passes or any other equivalent.
- C) Holders of Pass (Degree/Diploma) are automatically not qualified for admission into the postgraduate programme of the University of Benin, however, holders of third class (3rd class) degree must possess a PGDin order to be considered for admission into the Masters programmes.
- D) Candidates who obtained Master’s degree but with Weighted Average Score (WAS) between 55.0-59% can only be considered for admission into the M.Phil. programme in the first instance.
- E) A candidate applying for the Ph.D. in any programme of the University of Benin must have obtained a minimum weighted average score of 60% in the Master’s degree.
- F) A candidate applying for the PhD with a Master’s degree from any other University who in his/her Master’s study has not previously taken the compulsory courses or their equivalents similar to the ones in the University of Benin shall, on admission, be required to offer and pass such courses with a minimum of 60%.
- G) Only students who have the NYSC discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate can be allowed to clear into the different courses.
SUBMISSION OF TRANSCRIPTS
Candidates should request for their transcript from their former institution by clicking on the link www.etx-ng.com/unibenpg to forward their academic transcript(s) to the “Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies”, to reach him not later than 8 weeks from the date of this publication.
The management has announced that candidates whose transcripts are not forwarded to the institution shall not be processed. Candidates are also to print out the Referee Reports Forms provided in the application page fill and return to the directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies.
Applications shall not be processed unless the referee reports are available.
Students are advised to always check the website for those courses that require written entrance examination. Please make sure you indicate your e-mail address/telephone when applying.
Photocopies of NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificates, photocopies of all qualifying credentials, including O’level must be attached to the completed application forms. Candidates should arrange for their transcripts to be sent directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Non-receipt of transcripts in time is at the detriment of the applicant.
DURATION OF STUDIES
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- Full-Time Diploma: Minimum of one academic session and a maximum of two.
Masters Degree Programmes
- Full-Time: A minimum of two academic sessions and a maximum of three.
- Full-Time: A minimum of three academic sessions and a maximum of five.
How To Apply for UNIBEN Postgraduate Admission Form
UNIBEN postgraduate application and registration form for 2023/2024 academic session is strictly to be carried out and completed online.
Step 1 – Candidates are to purchase application forms online with a valid VERVE OR MASTER ATM BANK CARD for the sum of N21,000.00.
Step 2 – Candidates are to apply online with any valid VERVE OR MASTERCARD ATM
Note – Multiple applications will jeopardize your chances for admission.
Step 3 – Please do not proceed with the application if you have already made a previous on-line application. Please note your “APPLICATION NUMBER” carefully. This uniquely identifies your application and must be used subsequently for identification (login) and to resume any unfinished application.
Step 4 – Your application must be accompanied by a clear scanned photograph of yourself (Full face frontal poses with both eyes visible, without any glasses, head or ear covering. The full face pose must cover 70-80% of the photo with a RED BACKGROUND. Your photo must be scanned at a minimum resolution of 100x100dpi and a maximum resolution of 150x150dpi. Picture can be saved in any of the following formats: JPEG, PNG or Bitmap). Please note that you will be disqualified if your picture does not meet the above specification.
Step 5 – Successful payment reference number should be sent to the email address provided. You will always need your reference No: to continue a saved application.
Step 6 – After submitting your application online, ensure that you print a copy of the application for your records.
Click ⇒ HERE to start your application
CORRECTING AN ONLINE APPLICATION
- Once your application has been submitted (accomplished by hitting the ‘submit’ button at the end of the form), you cannot make corrections to it online. Please review your application carefully before you submit.
- Be sure to print a copy of the application for your records.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE APPLICATION
- Submitting your application online is only part of the application process. To complete your application, you may be required to provide supporting credentials. However, some programs require additional items. Please read about the admission requirements that are necessary to complete your application for admission if applicable to you.
- Submit all additional application requirements to the Graduate Admissions Office at the address below if applicable. All applicants are encouraged to submit supporting credentials as soon as possible after submission of the online application. Your application will be considered by the appropriate admissions committee upon receipt of all required documents.
- When possible, please include your name, address and date of birth on all materials sent to UNIBEN school of postgraduate studies office.
UNIBEN PG FORM CLOSING DATE
The application portal will be open for a period of Six (6) weeks from the date of this advertisement. Applicants are advised to fill in and submit their Application forms within this period.
I Hope you understand the steps provided above? Do you have any questions as regards the UNIBEN PG admission form for 2023/2024 session? Please reach out to us via the comment section or our contact us page and we shall respond accordingly.
Do not forget to share this post with others via the social media buttons below so others can benefit from it.