University of Uyo school of postgraduate studies through the management of the university has announced the sale of UNIUYO postgraduate admission form for 2023/2024 academic session. UNIUYO PG form is made available online for candidates interested in running a postgraduate programme at UNIUYO and must have met the PG admission requirement for the proposed programme.
This post will serve as a guide in applying for UNIUYO postgraduate application form both for first time applicants and returning applicants as it would cover every grey area about UNIUYO PG admission form which includes the commencement date for sale of UNIUYO PG admission form, the application procedure, duration of all PG programmes, cost of the PG form and the closing date of UNIUYO PG admission form.
Before we proceed, as usual, based on the challenges faced by past UNIUYO PG applicants in their application process, I thought it necessary to address them all in order for you to avoid encountering such in your registration.
I will be listing all the frequently asked questions as it relates to UNIUYO postgraduate admission form. These questions as stated above is from past and current applicants. It is advised you note them down as it would assist in your application process.
The UNIUYO format below indicates the FAQs and their appropriate answers with regards to UNIUYO PG form after which I will make available, UNIUYO postgraduate general admission requirements, how to apply for UNIUYO postgraduate admission form.
FAQs on UNIUYO PG Admission Form
Q – Is UNIUYO postgraduate admission form 2023/2024out?
A – UNIUYO PG admission form is out and the online application has begun..
Q – How can I apply for UNIUYO PG admission form?
A – UNIUYO PG part time registration procedure has been provided below as approved by the management of the university.
Q – How much is UNIUYO PG admission form?
A – Cost of UNIUYO PG admission form is N 20,000.00 (Twenty-thousand Naira only).
Q – I am still running my NYSC, can I apply for UNIUYO PG form?
A – The answer is NO. Only candidates with NYSC discharge certificate are eligible to apply for UNIUYO postgraduate form.
Q – I have NYSC exemption letter, can I apply for UNIUYO PG application form?
A – Yes you are eligible, all you need to do is present your exemption letter
Q – What is the closing date of UNIUYO PG admission form?
A – UNIUYO PG form closing date is 6th August, 2023.
The above are the FAQs on University of Uyo postgraduate admission form for both current and prospective applicants. However, please feel free to ask questions via the comment section should you have any.
UNIUYO PG admission form application procedure will be a seamless one because I will simplify the application steps required to apply for the admission form so that new and prospective applicants can apply with ease. Applicants who have previously registered and participated in the prior registration exercise but were unsuccessful can also benefit from the information provided here.
University of Uyo postgraduate admission form application process this academic session is the same step used by applicants during the previous session, the only major difference is the closing date of the application form. Going by the above information, it is important to point that the schools that are affiliated to UNIUYOPG school are to follow the application steps outlined below but first let’s go through the requirements for applying for the form online.
Requirements for Applying for UNIUYO Postgraduate Admission Form
- All applicants should have credit pass at Ordinary Level in five relevant subjects including English Language obtained at not more than two sittings. Candidates with ‘O’ Level examination results before 2017 must possess their certificates and not statement of results or result slips.
- Applicants for LLM and PhD in Law must have credit pass in English Literature as one of the five relevant ordinary level subjects.
- Applicants for the Faculty of Agriculture must have credit passes in chemistry as one of the five relevant ordinary level subjects.
- All applicants will undergo a screening test which will cover the subject area of specialization and oral interaction in the Department.
- NYSC Completion Certificates (Discharge Certificates), Exemption Certificates or Exclusion Certificates is required from all applicants. One of these certificates must be submitted with the application form or before the screening test is taken.
- Applicants who obtained their first degrees through Remedial Programmes must show evidence of having remedied the relevant subjects for their programmes externally; that is, through WASCE, NECO, NABTEB.
- In addition to other qualifications, applicants are expected to meet the departmental requirements for their programmes.
- Applicants must return their completed application forms with two hard copies of their Project Proposal (for those applying for PGD), Dissertation Proposal (for those applying for master’s programme) or Thesis Proposal (for those applying for PhD programmes). The research proposal which must be captured on the prescribed Postgraduate School Proposal Sheet should be word-processed with Times New Roman, font size 12, and one and half line spacing using the following heading and subheadings:
1) TITLE (22 words maximum)
2) CANDIDATE’S NAME
3) ABSTRACT (150 words maximum)
5) RELEVANCE OF STUDY
7) ETHICAL ISSUES
8) EXPECTED RESULTS
10) REFERENCES (a minimum of 20 references).
Candidates should ensure that their official academic transcript(s) and three letters of reference are forwarded to:
University of Uyo
Akwa Ibom State.
Please be informed that admissions may not normally be offered without transcript(s) and letters of reference.
Important Note => Admission will not be offered to candidates without receiving their academic transcripts and letters of reference.
Photocopies of NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificates, photocopies of all qualifying credentials, including O’level must be attached to the completed application forms. Candidates should arrange for their transcripts to be sent directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Non-receipt of transcripts in time is at the detriment of the applicant.
DURATION OF STUDIES
- Master’s degree programme – a minimum period of four semesters or a maximum of six
- PhD Programme – a minimum of six semesters or a maximum of ten semesters.
- Postgraduate Diploma Programmes – All Postgraduate Diploma Programes will last for a minimum of two (2) semesters and a maximum of four (4) semesters except in the Faculty of Engineering
- PGD in Engineering – a minimum of four semesters and a maximum of six semesters.
Check HERE for list of available PG programmes for admission into into UNIUYO postgraduate school of studies.
How To Apply for UNIUYO Postgraduate Admission Form
All admitted candidates should ensure that they adhere to the following pre-resumption instructions:
Step 1 – UNIUYO PG form can be obtained via the university’s postgraduate web portal upon payment of twenty thousand N20,000.00 (Twenty Thousand Naira) only:
Step 2 – To make payment, generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) via https://uniuyo.edu.ng/eportals
Step 3 – Make payment online using ATM Card or in any commercial bank nationwide.
Step 4 – Upon payment, return to the portal to complete your registration by clicking on Admission forms Link.
Step 5 – Click on e-Forms
Step 6 – Click on Register link and enter your RRR.
Step 7 – Complete the form and submit.
Click HERE to start your application.
UNIUYO PG FORM CLOSING DATE
All completed Application Forms with
(i) photocopies of relevant credentials,
(ii) duplicate copy of receipt of payment for the Application Form,
(iii) two copies of research proposal, etc. should be forwarded to reach the Secretary, Postgraduate School, University of Uyo on or before 6th August, 2023.
I Hope you understand the steps provided above? Do you have any questions as regards the UNIUYO PG admission form for 2023/2024 session? Please reach out to us via the comment section or our contact us page and we shall respond accordingly.
Do not forget to share this post with others via the social media buttons below so others can benefit from it.