Northwest University, school of postgraduate studies through the management of the university has announced the sale of NWU postgraduate admission form for 2023/2024 academic session. NWU PG form is made available online for candidates interested in running a postgraduate programme at NWU and must have met the PG admission requirement for the proposed programme.
This post will serve as a guide in applying for NWU postgraduate application form both for first time applicants and returning applicants as it would cover every grey area about NWU PG admission form which includes the commencement date for sale of NWU PG admission form, the application procedure, duration of all PG programmes, cost of the PG form and the closing date of NWU PG admission form.
Before we proceed, as usual, based on the challenges faced by past NWU PG applicants in their application process, I thought it necessary to address them all in order for you to avoid encountering such in your registration.
I will be listing all the frequently asked questions as it relates to NWU postgraduate admission form. These questions as stated above is from past and current applicants. It is advised you note them down as it would assist in your application process.
The NWU format below indicates the FAQs and their appropriate answers with regards to NWU PG form after which I will make available, NWU postgraduate general admission requirements, how to apply for NWU postgraduate admission form.
FAQs on NWU PG Admission Form
Q – Is NWU postgraduate admission form 2023/2024 out?
A – NWU PG admission form is out and the online application has begun.
Q – How can I apply for NWU PG admission form?
A – NWU PG part time registration procedure has been provided below as approved by the management of the university.
Q – How much is NWU PG admission form?
A – Applicants are required to purchase the Northwest University, School of Postgraduate Studies Form at a fee of Ten Thousand Naira (10,000) Only.
Q – I am still running my NYSC, can I apply for NWU PG form?
A – NYSC discharge certificate is an important document for applying for NWU postgraduate programme. Therefore without your NYSC discharge certificate, you cannot apply.
Q – I have NYSC exemption letter, can I apply for NWU PG application form?
A – Yes you are eligible, all you need to do is present your exemption letter
Q – What is the closing date of NWU PG admission form?
A – NWU PG form closing date is yet to be announced.
The above are the FAQs on Northwest University, postgraduate admission form for both current and prospective applicants. However, please feel free to ask questions via the comment section should you have any.
NWU PG admission form application procedure will be a seamless one because I will simplify the application steps required to apply for the admission form so that new and prospective applicants can apply with ease. Applicants who have previously registered and participated in the prior registration exercise but were unsuccessful can also benefit from the information provided here.
Northwest University, postgraduate admission form application process this academic session is the same step used by applicants during the previous session, the only major difference is the closing date of the application form. Going by the above information, it is important to point that the schools that are affiliated to NWU PG school are to follow the application steps outlined below but first let’s go through the requirements for applying for the form online.
Requirements for Applying for NWU Postgraduate Admission Form
Postgraduate Diploma Programme:
- A candidate seeking admission into a Postgraduate Diploma programme must possess a qualification equivalent to a first degree (at least 3rd Class Degree or higher) or a Higher National Diploma (HND) (at least Lower Credit) or its equivalent (provided the University matriculation requirement is satisfied). Such a candidate should have the relevant postqualification experience as may be prescribed from time to time. However, Ordinary National Diploma (OND) plus professional qualification and Higher Diploma (HD) are not equivalent to HND.
Master’s Degree Programme:
- A candidate seeking admission into the Academic Master’sDegree Programme must hold:
- A minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) Degree of Yusuf Maitama Sule University, or any other recognized University.
- Third Class Degree plus a good Postgraduate Diploma at credit level from Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano and a minimum CGPA of 3.50 from any other recognized University or institution.
- Any other qualifications deemed by the Board of the School of Postgraduate Studies and Senate to be equivalent to (i) or (ii) above.
- A candidate seeking admission into a Professional Master’s Degree programme must hold:
- A minimum of Second-Class Lower degree in the relevant area from Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano or any other recognized University.
Ph.D. and M.Phil. Degree Programmes:
- A candidate who seeks admission into the degree of the Doctor of Philosophy programme must hold an Academic Master’s Degree of Yusuf Maitama Sule University or any other recognized University. The CGPA of the Masters programme should be at least 3.50 on a scale of 0.00 to 5.00. A Ph.D. candidate who satisfies all admission requirements except the CGPA can be considered for admission into M.Phil./Ph.D. provided the CGPA is at least 3.00.
- Phil. from any recognized University with a minimum CGPA of 3.00.
- Any other qualification deemed equivalent to (a) or (b) above.
Photocopies of NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificates, photocopies of all qualifying credentials, including O’level must be attached to the completed application forms. Candidates should arrange for their transcripts to be sent directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Non-receipt of transcripts in time is at the detriment of the applicant.
DURATION OF STUDIES
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- Full-Time Diploma: Minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters.
- Part-Time Diploma: Minimum of three semester and a maximum of eight semesters.
Masters Degree Programmes
- Full-Time: A minimum of three semesters and a maximum of six semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of four semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Full-Time: A minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A Minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters
- Full-Time: A Minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters.
How To Apply for NWU Postgraduate Admission Form
Interested applicants are to complete the online application form by visiting Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano website: sps.yumsuk.edu.ng for application procedure list of available programmes and admission requirements Furthermore, applicants are to note the following;
- All programmes are on a full-time basis
- The cost of the application form is Ten Thousand Nama (N10.000.00) only excluding bank charges (non-refundable)
- Applicants must ensure that they have the entry requirements for the programme he/she is applying in addition to the required five level credits including English and or Mathematics
- Applicants for PhD and Academic Masters should ensure that their academic transcripts are sent to the School of Postgraduate Studies, Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano
- Applicants for PhD Programmes should ensure that they submit their research proposal of not more than 300 words
- Valid phone numbers and the E-mail address of the applicant must be provided.
NWU PG FORM CLOSING DATE
The closing date for submission of all duly completed forms is yet to be announced by the management of the university. Admission is still open for application.
I hope this has helped? Do you have any questions as regards Northwest University, PG part-time form 2023/2024? Please reach out to us via the comment section or our contact us page.