The management of Adamawa State University has published the list of accredited PG courses offered in the institution for interested candidates who must have selected the school as their preferred choices of institution during their UTME registration.
In this post, aside listing all ADSU PG courses available in the institution, I will also be guiding you through their entry admission requirements as well as all you need to know before selecting a course of study in ADSU Zaria.
Below is the list of what to look out for before choosing a course in ADSU.
- The ADSUPG Admission Requirements;
- The Duration of programmes
- The availability of your programme
The above are the 3 most important factors that can determine if you will be admitted to study your chosen course in ADSU or not.
I will breakdown the above 3 factors before listing the following according to the faculties they are categorized at ADSU.
- List of all PGD programmes offered in ADSU.
- List of all Masters degree programmes offered in ADSU.
- List of all Ph.D programmes available in ADSU.
Now I will breakdown the 3 factors that you must take cognizance of when searching for PG courses offered in ADSU.
List of Postgraduate Courses Offered In ADSU
1.) Business Administration
Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
MBA Business Administration
M.Sc, Business Administration
Ph.D Management Sciences
M.Sc. Accounting and Finance
Postgraduate Diploma Accounting
Postgraduate Diploma Economics
4.) Political Science & Public Administration
Postgraduate Diploma in Public
Masters in Public Administration (MPA)
B.) FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
1.) Animal Production
M.Sc. Animal Production and Management
2.) Agriculture Economics & Extension
M.Sc. Agricultural Economics
3.) Crop Science
M,Sc. Crop Physiology and Production
Ph.D Crop Physiology and Production
C.) FACULTY OF SCIENCE AND SCIENCE EDUCATION
M.Sc Physical Chemistry
M.Sc. Organic Chemistry M.Sc. Analytical Chemistry
Postgraduate Diploma in Chemistry
Ph.D Medicinal Chemistry
Ph D Physical Chemistry
2.) Computer Science
M.Sc Computer Science
Postgraduate Diploma Computer Science
M.Sc Pure/Applied Mathematics
4.) Pure and Applied Physics
Postgraduate Diploma in Physics
M.Sc. Applied Geophysics
Ph.D Atthospheric Physics
5.) Science Education
Postgraduate Diploma Education
Masters in Education (M.Ed):
Tests and Measurements
Ph.D Science Education.
Counseling and Human Development
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Geographic Information System (GIS)
M.Sc. Remote Sensing/Geographic Information System (GIS)
M.Sc. Environmental Resource management (ERM)
M.Sc. Geography with options (Geomorphology and Biogeography)
ADSU PG ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The following constitute the minimum entry requirements to our postgraduate programmes:
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
A graduate from recognized university or a person with a qualification adjudged to be equivalent to a first degree may be admitted, provided the matriculation and Departmental requirements of this university are satisfied. A holder of Upper Credit in the HND from a recognized institution may also be admitted.
- Applicants for PGD in Business Administration must in addition possess credits at O’level in English Language, Mathematics and Economics.
- Applicants for Diploma in Estate Management must possess good honours degree in the appropriate professional examinations of the Nigerian Institute of town planners and the relevant cognate experience may be considered.
- For postgraduate Diploma in Microbiology, applicants must possess one of the following: B.Sc or HND in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Zoology, Botany, Laboratory Technology, Food Science and Technology or Chemistry.
- For Postgraduate Diploma in Pharmacology, applicants must possess B.Sc in allied services from reputable Universities.
MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMME
- A candidate with a first degree from a recognized University having a minimum of second class lower division may be admitted, provided the university matriculation and Departmental requirements are satisfied, however, candidates with CGPA of 2.4 on a 4 point scale or 2.7 points on a 5 point scale and above will be given preference.
- A candidate with a good postgraduate diploma from a recognized University may also be admitted.
- Candidates for M.A, and M.Ed who do not hold a degree in the relevant field may be required to do Postgraduate Diploma in the course of study.
- Applicants for Business Administration, Industrial Sociology and Personnel Management programmes are required to have credit level passes in English Language, Mathematics and Economics at O’level.
- For the Masters Degree in Surgical Pathology or Human Physiology, applicants must have the M.B.B.S or an equivalent degree obtained from Adamawa State Universityor any recognized University. For the Masters Degree Studies in Human Physiology, a good second class honours degree in Physiology is acceptable. In addition, a good degree in a related subject, provided the Physiology content is substantial, will be considered.
- For the Masters Degree in Urban and regional Planning, Estate Management holders of Adamawa State UniversityPostgraduate Diploma and that of any recognized Universities in Urban and Regional Planning at the merit level and above will be considered.
- For M.Sc in Clinical Optometry, applicants must have the O.D. degree from an accredited university and ODORBN with CGPA of not less than 3.00 points on a 5 Point scale.
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY
- Candidates with a good masters degree (NOT MBA) in the relevant or related discipline which includes course work and a defended research dissertation from a recognized University may be admitted, provided the university matriculation requirement is satisfied.
- Candidates with a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 points on a 4 point scale or 4.0 points on a 5 point scale will be given preference. Candidates must have obtained (60%) sixty percent average in both the course work and the Masters Dissertation examined by an External Examiner and involving an oral defence. In addition to these admission requirements, candidates may be required to present themselves for selection test and interview. Candidates with CGPA lower than 3.0 points (2.5-2.99) on a 4 point scale or lower than 4.0 points (3.50-3.99) on a 5 point scale will be required to enroll for the M.Phil/Ph.D programme of students.
Photocopies of NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificates, photocopies of all qualifying credentials, including O’level must be attached to the completed application forms. Candidates should arrange for their transcripts to be sent directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Non-receipt of transcripts in time is at the detriment of the applicant.
DURATION OF ADSU PG PROGRAMMES
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- Full-Time Diploma: Minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters.
- Part-Time Diploma: Minimum of three semester and a maximum of eight semesters.
Masters Degree Programmes
- Full-Time: A minimum of three semesters and a maximum of six semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of four semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Full-Time: A minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A Minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters
- Full-Time: A Minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters.
ADSU PG courses are wide in terms of scope of coverage. The Polytechnic offers PG courses in almost every field that is beneficial to students. The above are the PG courses offered in ADSU that are currently accredited by the NTBE (National Board for Technical Education).
Please note that the ADSU PG courses listed above are still offered in the institution so you can select any that suites your career path and if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me via the comment section below and I will answer your questions in accordance.