University of Lagos school of postgraduate studies through the management of the university has announced the sale of UNILAG postgraduate admission form for 2023/2024 academic session. UNILAG PG form is made available online for candidates interested in running a postgraduate programme at UNILAG and must have met the PG admission requirement for the proposed programme.
This post will serve as a guide in applying for UNILAG postgraduate application form both for first time applicants and returning applicants as it would cover every grey area about UNILAG PG admission form which includes the commencement date for sale of UNILAG PG admission form, the application procedure, duration of all PG programmes, cost of the PG form and the closing date of UNILAG PG admission form.
Before we proceed, as usual, based on the challenges faced by past UNILAG PG applicants in their application process, I thought it necessary to address them all in order for you to avoid encountering such in your registration.
I will be listing all the frequently asked questions as it relates to UNILAG postgraduate admission form. These questions as stated above is from past and current applicants. It is advised you note them down as it would assist in your application process.
The UNILAG format below indicates the FAQs and their appropriate answers with regards to UNILAG PG form after which I will make available, UNILAG postgraduate general admission requirements, how to apply for UNILAG postgraduate admission form.
FAQs on UNILAG PG Admission Form
Q – Is UNILAG postgraduate admission form 2023/2024out?
A – UNILAG PG admission form is out and the online application has begun..
Q – How can I apply for UNILAG PG admission form?
A – UNILAG PG part time registration procedure has been provided below as approved by the management of the university.
Q – How much is UNILAG PG admission form?
A – Cost of UNILAG PG admission form is ₦22,500.00 (Twenty Two Thousand and Five Hundred Naira Only).
Q – I am still running my NYSC, can I apply for UNILAG PG form?
A – The answer is NO. Only candidates with NYSC discharge certificate are eligible to apply for UNILAG postgraduate form.
Q – I have NYSC exemption letter, can I apply for UNILAG PG application form?
A – Yes you are eligible, all you need to do is present your exemption letter
Q – What is the closing date of UNILAG PG admission form?
A – UNILAG PG form closing date is yet to be announced.
The above are the FAQs on University of Lagos postgraduate admission form for both current and prospective applicants. However, please feel free to ask questions via the comment section should you have any.
UNILAG PG admission form application procedure will be a seamless one because I will simplify the application steps required to apply for the admission form so that new and prospective applicants can apply with ease. Applicants who have previously registered and participated in the prior registration exercise but were unsuccessful can also benefit from the information provided here.
University of Lagos postgraduate admission form application process this academic session is the same step used by applicants during the previous session, the only major difference is the closing date of the application form. Going by the above information, it is important to point that the schools that are affiliated to UNILAGPG school are to follow the application steps outlined below but first let’s go through the requirements for applying for the form online.
Requirements for Applying for UNILAG Postgraduate Admission Form
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS PGD & M.Sc.
An applicant for admission to a programme shall be:
- Must possess a Bachelors’s degree of this University or any approved University;
- A person who holds other qualification(s) recognized by senate of the University of Lagos;
- In addition to (i) and (ii) above, an applicant may be required, as a condition for admission, to undergo a selection process in the form of written and/or oral examinations.
- Candidates who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps programme or currently undergoing a Postgraduate programme need not apply. Such applicants will be automatically disqualified.
- Candidates awaiting Bachelor’s degree results need not apply.
- A holder of Degree obtained from an Outreach/Satellite are not eligible to apply.
- All academic transcripts must reach the Deputy Registrar/Administrative Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the start of the session admission is being sought.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR M.PHIL AND PH.D
Masters of Philosophy (M.Phil)
To qualify for admission to the above programme:
(i) Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s honours degree from this University or any other approved University with at least a Second Class (Upper Division).
(ii) Candidates with a Master’s degree with a minimum of CGPA of at least 3.50.
(iii) All candidates to the M.Phil. programmes must contact the respective department for availability of supervisors before applying.
(iv) The candidate may be required to undergo a selection process as determined by the respective department.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
(i) A candidate who has obtained the degree of Master of Philosophy must have a minimum CGPA of 4.0.
(ii) A candidate who has obtained the degree of Masters of Science must have a minimum CGPA of 4.0.
(iii) Candidates must clear with the respective Departments as to the availability of vacancies/supervisors before applying.
(iv) All candidates may be required to undergo a selection process as may be determined by the department.
For M. Phil and Ph.D. programmes only, admission shall be processed at the beginning of each semester.
ALL CANDIDATES FOR M. Phil./Ph.D. ADMISSIONS ARE TO PROVIDE TRANSCRIPTS OF THEIR MASTERS’ DEGREES OR FORMAL EVIDENCE OF PERFORMANCE AT MASTER’S LEVEL.
Photocopies of NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificates, photocopies of all qualifying credentials, including O’level must be attached to the completed application forms. Candidates should arrange for their transcripts to be sent directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Non-receipt of transcripts in time is at the detriment of the applicant.
DURATION OF STUDIES
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- Full-Time Diploma: Minimum of one academic session and a maximum of two.
Masters Degree Programmes
- Full-Time: A minimum of two academic sessions and a maximum of three.
- Full-Time: A minimum of three academic sessions and a maximum of five.
How To Apply for UNILAG Postgraduate Admission Form
Step 1 – Visit the School of Postgraduate Studies University of Lagos Portal via http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng
Step 2 – Click the 2022/2023 Applications link
Step 3 – Confirm availability and your eligibility of the desired course;
Step 4 – Click the “Application Form” link and select the Postgraduate option from the Application Type menu;
Step 5 – Complete the Pre-Application Form to obtain a Payment Reference Number. (please print the payment advice);
Step 6 – Proceed to make payment of the sum of ₦22,500.00 (Twenty Two Thousand and Five Hundred Naira Only) for the Form, and charges through any of the below options:
- Remita Payment: Any commercial bank using the RRR number displayed on the payment advice
- Online Payment: Click the Pay Nowlink to make payment directly on the portal with your bank debit card.
Step 7 – After payment, return to the School of Postgraduate Studies website http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng
Step 8 – Click the 2022/2023 Application link, then “Continue Application” link.
Step 9 – Login with Payment Reference Number and provide surname in lowercase as password;
Step 10 – Complete the Application form and upload digital passport photograph (jpeg format) which should not be more than 15KB in size and must be on a white background. The acceptable dimension is width: 275 pixels or 35mm, height: 314 pixels or 40mm. (Failure to comply with specified image format may lead to disqualification.);
Step 11 – Click “SUBMIT FORM” button if the information is correct, else, click DECLINE button (CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO COMPLETE THE FINAL SUBMISSION ONLY AFTER THEY HAVE FULLY COMPLETED THE FORM, PLEASE NOTE THAT EDITING OF APPLICATION FORM AFTER FINAL SUBMISSION ATTRACTS A ₦1,000 CHARGE).
- Please note that after submission, applicants will be required to print and laminate the “Examination Pass” one week to the entrance examination date (this will be required as a means of identification at the examination venue)
- Candidates are advised to read carefully the requirements for their desired programmes to confirm eligibility.
- Candidates awaiting Bachelor’s degree results and Nigerian citizens who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps assignments or are currently undergoing Postgraduate programmes are not eligible.
- Holders of Degrees obtained from Outreach/Satellite campuses are not eligible.
- Every applicant is required to upload all certificates listed in the application form, such as:
– Degree Certificates (Not Statement of Results)
– NYSC Certificate
– Professional Certificates
- All Academic Transcripts must reach the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the beginning of registration.
- All M.Phil/Ph.D. candidates are required to contact the relevant Departments for availability of Supervisors/vacancies before applying.
- Please check for the dates of Qualifying Examinations/Interviews on the website of the University of Lagos, School of Postgraduate Studies: http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng
For further information, please contact: Deputy Registrar/Administrative Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Lagos, Akoka, Yaba, Lagos. OR send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com.
UNILAG PG FORM CLOSING DATE
The management of UNILAG school of postgraduate programme has not announced the closing date for submission of all duly completed forms. However, you are advised to apply as early as possible in order to avoid late application charges.
I Hope you understand the steps provided above? Do you have any questions as regards the UNILAG PG admission form for 2023/2024 session? Please reach out to us via the comment section or our contact us page and we shall respond accordingly.
Do not forget to share this post with others via the social media buttons below so others can benefit from it.