Abia State University school of postgraduate studies through the management of the university has announced the sale of ABSU postgraduate admission form for 2023/2024 academic session. The ABSU PG form is made available online for candidates interested in running a postgraduate programme at ABSU and must have met the PG admission requirement for the proposed programme.
This post will serve as a guide in applying for ABSU postgraduate application form both for first time applicants and returning applicants as it would cover every grey area about ABSU PG admission form which includes the commencement date for sale of ABSU PG admission form, the application procedure, duration of all PG programmes, cost of ABSU PG form and the closing date of ABSU PG admission form.
Before we proceed, as usual, based on the challenges faced by past ABSU PG applicants in their application process, I thought it necessary to address them all in order for you to avoid encountering such in your registration.
I will be listing all the frequently asked questions as it relates to ABSU postgraduate admission form. These questions as stated above is from past and current applicants. It is advised you note them down as it would assist in your application process.
The tabular format below indicates the FAQs and their appropriate answers with regards to ABSU PG form after which I will make available, ABSU postgraduate general admission requirements, how to apply for ABSU postgraduate admission form.
FAQs on ABSU PG Admission Form
Q – Is ABSU postgraduate admission form 2023/2024 out?
A – ABSU PG admission form is out and the online application has begun..
Q – How can I apply for ABSU PG admission form?
A – Log on to ABSU PG portal, click the application form link to apply (See full details under “How to Apply” below).
Q – How much is ABSU postgraduate form?
A – Cost of ABSU PG admission form is 11,000 naira plus a service charge fee of five hundred naira (N500) only which makes it a total of 11,500 naira.
Q – I am still running my NYSC, can I apply for ABSU PG form?
A – NYSC discharge certificate is an important document for applying for ABUS postgraduate programme. Therefore without your NYSC discharge certificate, you cannot apply.
Q – I have NYSC exemption letter, can I apply for ABSU PG application form?
A – Yes you are eligible, all you need to do is present your exemption letter
Q – What is the closing date of ABSU PG admission form?
A – ABSU PG form closing date is yet to be announced.
The above are the FAQs on Abia State University postgraduate admission form for both current and prospective applicants. However, please feel free to ask questions via the comment section should you have any.
ABSU PG admission form application procedure will be a seamless one because I will simplify the application steps required to apply for the admission form so that new and prospective applicants can apply with ease. Applicants who have previously registered and participated in the prior registration exercise but were unsuccessful can also benefit from the information provided here.
Abia State University postgraduate admission form application process this academic session is the same step used by applicants during the previous session, the only major difference is the closing date of the application form. Going by the above information, it is important to point that the schools that are affiliated to ABSU PG school are to follow the application steps outlined below but first let’s go through the requirements for applying for the form online.
Requirements for Applying for ABSU Postgraduate Admission Form
To apply for the form you must have met the following requirements;
The following constitute the minimum entry requirements to ABSU postgraduate programmes:
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
A graduate from any recognized university or a person with a qualification adjudged to be equivalent to a first degree may be admitted, provided the matriculation and Departmental requirements of this university are satisfied. A holder of Upper Credit in the HND from a recognized institution may also be admitted.
- Applicants for PGD in Business Administration must in addition possess credits at O’level in English Language, Mathematics and Economics.
- Applicants for Diploma in Estate Management must possess good honours degree in the appropriate professional examinations of the Nigerian Institute of town planners and the relevant cognate experience may be considered.
- For postgraduate Diploma in Microbiology, applicants must possess one of the following: B.Sc or HND in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Zoology, Botany, Laboratory Technology, Food Science and Technology or Chemistry.
- For Postgraduate Diploma in Pharmacology, applicants must possess B.Sc in allied services from reputable Universities.
MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMME
- A candidate with a first degree from a recognized University having a minimum of second class lower division may be admitted, provided the university matriculation and Departmental requirements are satisfied, however, candidates with CGPA of 2.4 on a 4 point scale or 2.7 points on a 5 point scale and above will be given preference.
- A candidate with a good postgraduate diploma from a recognized University may also be admitted.
- Candidates for M.A, and M.Ed who do not hold a degree in the relevant field may be required to do Postgraduate Diploma in the course of study.
- Applicants for Business Administration, Industrial Sociology and Personnel Management programmes are required to have credit level passes in English Language, Mathematics and Economics at O’level.
- For the Masters Degree in Surgical Pathology or Human Physiology, applicants must have the M.B.B.S or an equivalent degree obtained from Abia State University or any recognized University. For the Masters Degree Studies in Human Physiology, a good second class honours degree in Physiology is acceptable. In addition, a good degree in a related subject, provided the Physiology content is substantial, will be considered.
- For the Masters Degree in Urban and regional Planning, Estate Management holders of Abia State University Postgraduate Diploma and that of any recognized Universities in Urban and Regional Planning at the merit level and above will be considered.
- For M.Sc in Clinical Optometry, applicants must have the O.D. degree from an accredited university and ODORBN with CGPA of not less than 3.00 points on a 5 Point scale.
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY
- Candidates with a good masters degree (NOT MBA) in the relevant or related discipline which includes course work and a defended research dissertation from a recognized University may be admitted, provided the university matriculation requirement is satisfied.
- Candidates with a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 points on a 4 point scale or 4.0 points on a 5 point scale will be given preference. Candidates must have obtained (60%) sixty percent average in both the course work and the Masters Dissertation examined by an External Examiner and involving an oral defence. In addition to these admission requirements, candidates may be required to present themselves for selection test and interview. Candidates with CGPA lower than 3.0 points (2.5-2.99) on a 4 point scale or lower than 4.0 points (3.50-3.99) on a 5 point scale will be required to enroll for the M.Phil/Ph.D programme of students.
Photocopies of NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificates, photocopies of all qualifying credentials, including O’level must be attached to the completed application forms. Candidates should arrange for their transcripts to be sent directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Non-receipt of transcripts in time is at the detriment of the applicant.
DURATION OF STUDIES
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- Full-Time Diploma: Minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters.
- Part-Time Diploma: Minimum of three semester and a maximum of eight semesters.
Masters Degree Programmes
- Full-Time: A minimum of three semesters and a maximum of six semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of four semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Full-Time: A minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A Minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters
- Full-Time: A Minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Part-Time: A minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of ten semesters.
How To Apply for ABSU Postgraduate Admission Form
To successfully apply for the form via ABSU postgraduate portal, you must follow the steps outlined below. You are expected to read through thoroughly to avoid mistakes that could disqualify your form
Step 1 – You are to proceed to any of the following banks: First Bank Plc, Zenith, UBA, Ecobank Plc, ABSU MFB Uturu, Keystone Bank Plc, Fidelity Bank Plc, Union Bank, Skye Plc. Log on to the e-transact network and request to pay application fee of 11,500 (Eleven thousand, five hundred naira) for the form and service charges.
Step 2 – Collect the e-transact receipt from the Bank on payment and proceed to any internet centre for the completion of the form.
Step 3 – Log on to the ABSU portal abiastateuniversity.edu.ng and complete application form.
Step 4 – Confirm your entry and print a copy of the form as well as three copies of the referee confidential reports which will be forwarded to your referees for completion (Two of these should be the candidate’s former teacher at the University level).
I hope the above steps are well understood? Do you have any question as regards ABSU PG admission form for 2023/2024 academic session? You can reach me via the comment section below and I will be glad to assist.