University of Ilorin school of postgraduate studies through the management of the university has announced the sale of UNILORIN postgraduate admission form for 2023/2024 academic session. UNILORIN PG form is made available online for candidates interested in running a postgraduate programme at UNILORIN and must have met the PG admission requirement for the proposed programme.
This post will serve as a guide in applying for UNILORIN postgraduate application form both for first time applicants and returning applicants as it would cover every grey area about UNILORIN PG admission form which includes the commencement date for sale of UNILORIN PG admission form, the application procedure, duration of all PG programmes, cost of the PG form and the closing date of UNILORIN PG admission form.
Before we proceed, as usual, based on the challenges faced by past UNILORIN PG applicants in their application process, I thought it necessary to address them all in order for you to avoid encountering such in your registration.
I will be listing all the frequently asked questions as it relates to UNILORIN postgraduate admission form. These questions as stated above is from past and current applicants. It is advised you note them down as it would assist in your application process.
The UNILORIN format below indicates the FAQs and their appropriate answers with regards to UNILORIN PG form after which I will make available, UNILORIN postgraduate general admission requirements, how to apply for UNILORIN postgraduate admission form.
FAQs on UNILORIN PG Admission Form
Q – Is UNILORIN postgraduate admission form 2023/2024out?
A – UNILORIN PG admission form is out and the online application has begun..
Q – How can I apply for UNILORIN PG admission form?
A – UNILORIN PG part time registration procedure has been provided below as approved by the management of the university.
Q – How much is UNILORIN PG admission form?
A – Cost of UNILORIN PG admission form is 25, 000.00 Naira only for Applicants within Nigeria OR $200.00 only for International Applicants. .
Q – I am still running my NYSC, can I apply for UNILORIN PG form?
A – The answer is NO. Only candidates with NYSC discharge certificate are eligible to apply for UNILORIN postgraduate form.
Q – I have NYSC exemption letter, can I apply for UNILORIN PG application form?
A – Yes you are eligible, all you need to do is present your exemption letter
Q – What is the closing date of UNILORIN PG admission form?
A – UNILORIN PG form closing date is June 23rd 2023.
The above are the FAQs on University of Ilorin postgraduate admission form for both current and prospective applicants. However, please feel free to ask questions via the comment section should you have any.
UNILORIN PG admission form application procedure will be a seamless one because I will simplify the application steps required to apply for the admission form so that new and prospective applicants can apply with ease. Applicants who have previously registered and participated in the prior registration exercise but were unsuccessful can also benefit from the information provided here.
University of Ilorin postgraduate admission form application process this academic session is the same step used by applicants during the previous session, the only major difference is the closing date of the application form. Going by the above information, it is important to point that the schools that are affiliated to UNILORIN PG school are to follow the application steps outlined below but first let’s go through the available PG programmes and their requirements for applying for the form online.
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
i Department of Agronomy
M.Sc.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Agronomy M.Sc.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Soil Science
ii. Department of Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
M.Sc.; Ph.D. Agricultural Extension
iii. Department of Agricultural Economics and Farm Management
M.Sc.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Agricultural Economics
iv. Department of Crop Protection
M.Sc.; Ph.D. Crop Protection
v. Department of Animal Production
PGD Animal Production;
Master in Animal Production (MAP);
M.Sc.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Animal Production
vi. Department of Home Economics and Food Science
M.Sc.; Ph.D. Food Science M.Sc.; Home Economics
2. FACULTY OF ARTS
- Department of Arabic
M.A.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Arabic Language.
M.A.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Literature- in – Arabic
ii. Centre for Peace and Strategic Studies
M.A.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Peace and Development Studies
M.A. Peace and Security Studies (Available for EIMC)
M.A. Peace and Strategic Studies (Available for EMC)
iii. Department of Linguistics and Nigerian Languages
M.A.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Linguistics
M.A.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Applied Linguistics M.A.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Yoruba Language M.A.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Yoruba Literature
v. Department of The Performing Arts
M.A.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Performing Arts
vi. Department of Religions
M.A.; M.Phil./Ph.D. Christian Studies.
M.A.; M.Phil./Ph.D. Comparative Religious Studies M.A.; M.Phil./Ph.D. Islamic Studies
vii. Department of French
M.A.; Ph.D. French Language M.A.; Ph.D. Literature-in-French
viii. Institute of Translation Art
M.A. Translation Art
ix. Department of The Performing Arts
M.A.; M.Phil/Ph.D.; Ph.D. Performing Arts
3. FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
- Department of Anatomy
M.Sc.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Anatomy
ii. Department of Physiology
M.Sc.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Physiology
4. FACULTY OF BASIC CLINICAL SCIENCES
i. Department of Chemical Pathology and Immunology
M.Sc.; Ph.D.; MD Chemical Pathology
iii. Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics
M.Sc.; Ph.D. Pharmacology and Therapeutics
5. FACULTY OF CLINICAL SCIENCES
i. Department of Epidemiology and Community Health
Master of Public Health (MPH)
ii. Department of Nursing Sciences
M.Sc. Nursing Sciences
iii. Department of Paediatrics and Child Health
M.Sc.; Ph.D. Tropical Paediatrics
6. FACULTY OF COMMUNICATION AND INFORMATION SCIENCES
i. Department of Computer Science
PGD.; M.Sc.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Computer Science
ii. Department of Information and Communication Science
M.Sc.; Ph.D. Information and Communication Science
ii. Department of Mass Communication
M.Sc.; Ph.D. Mass Communication
7. FACULTY OF EDUCATION
i. Department of Arts Education
M.Ed.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. English Language Education M.Ed.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Arabic Education
M.Ed.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Comparative Education M.Ed.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Religious Studies Education
M.Ed.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Curriculum Development (Arts Education) M.Ed. Mother Tongue Education
M.Ed. Philosophy of Education
M.Ed.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. History and Policy of Education
ii. Department of Counsellor Education
M.Ed.; Ph.D. Educational Guidance and Counselling
iii. Department of Educational Technology
PGD Educational Technology (PGDET)
M.Ed.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D.; Educational Technology
iv. Department of Health Promotion and Environmental Health Education
M.Sc. (Ed); M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Health Education Master of Public Health Education
v. Department of Science Education
M.Ed. Science Education (Biology)
M.Ed. Ph.D. Mathematics Education
vi. Department of Social Sciences Education
M.Ed.; Ph.D. Sociology of Education
M.Ed.; Ph.D. Curriculum Development in Social Sciences Education M.Ed., Ph.D. Social Studies Education
vii. Department of Adult and Primary Education Ed.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Adult Education M.Ed.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Childhood Education
viii. Department of Human Kinetics Education
M.Sc. (Ed).; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Exercise and Sport Science
M.Sc. (Ed).; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Administration and Management of Human Kinetics and Sport
M.Sc. (Ed).; Ph.D. Curriculum and Teacher Education M.Sc. (Ed).; Ph.D. Adapted Physical Education
M.Sc. (Ed).; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Recreation and Tourism Education
ix. Department of Educational Management
M.Ed.; Ph.D. Educational Management
8. FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
i. Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
M.Eng.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D.
ii. Department of Chemical Engineering
M.Eng.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Chemical Engineering
iii. Department of Materials and Metallurgical Engineering
M.Eng. Materials and Metallurgical Engineering
iv. Department of Mechanical Engineering
M.Eng.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering
9. FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
i. Department of Architecture
ii. Department of Estate Management
PGD; M.Sc.; Ph.D. Estate Management
iii. Department of Surveying and Geoinformatics
PGD; M.Sc.; Ph.D. Surveying and Geoinformatics
iv. Department of Quantity Surveying
PGD; M.Sc.; Ph.D. Quantity Surveying
v. Department of Urban and Regional Planning
PGD; M.Sc.; Ph.D. Urban and Regional Planning
10. FACULTY OF LAW
i. Department of Common Law
LL.M; M.Phil.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Common Law
iii. Department of Islamic Law
LL.M; M.Phil.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Islamic Law
11. FACULTY OF LIFE SCIENCES
i. Department of Biochemistry
PGD; M.Sc.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Biochemistry
ii. Department of Microbiology
M.Sc.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Microbiology
iii. Department of Plant Biology
PGD; M.Sc.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Plant Biology
iv. Department of Zoology
M.Sc.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Zoology
12. FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
i. Department of Accounting
M.Sc.; Ph.D. Accounting
iii. Department of Finance
M.Sc.; Ph.D. Finance
iv. Department of Marketing
M.Sc.; Ph.D. Marketing
13. FACULTY OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES
M.Sc.; Ph.D. Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry
14. FACULTY OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES
i. Department of Chemistry
PGD; M.Sc.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Chemistry
ii. Department of Industrial Chemistry
M.Sc.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Industrial Chemistry
iii. Department of Mathematics
M.Sc.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Mathematics
iv. Department of Physics
M.Sc.; Ph.D. Physics
iv. Department of Statistics
M.Sc.; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Statistics
v. Department of Geophysics
vi. Department of Geology and Mineral Sciences
M.Sc. Applied Geology; M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Geology
15. FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
i. Department of Economics
M.Sc.; Ph.D. Economics
ii. Department of Geography and Environmental Management
M.Sc. Geography and Environmental Management;
M.Phil./Ph.D.; Ph.D. Geography
iii. Department of Sociology
M.Sc.; Ph.D. Sociology
16. FACULTY OF VETERINARY MEDICINE
i. Department of Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology
M.Sc.; Ph.D.; Veterinary Pharmacology M.Sc.; Ph.D.; Veterinary Toxicology
ii. Department of Veterinary Anatomy
M.Sc.; Ph.D.; Veterinary Anatomy
iii. Department of Veterinary Medicine
M.Sc.; Ph.D.; Veterinary Medicine
iv. Department of Veterinary Microbiology
M.Sc.; Ph.D. Veterinary Microbiology
v. Department Veterinary Parasitology & Entomology
M.Sc.; Ph.D. Veterinary Parasitology
vi. Department of Veterinary Pathology
M.Sc.; Ph.D. Veterinary Pathology
vii. Department of Veterinary Physiology and Biochemistry
M.Sc.; Ph.D. Veterinary Physiology M.Sc.; Ph.D. Veterinary Biochemistry
viii. Department of Veterinary Public Health and Preventive Medicine
M.Sc.; Ph.D. Veterinary Public Health and Preventive Medicine
ix. Department of Theriogenology and Production
M.Sc.; Ph.D. Animal Health in Production M.Sc.; Ph.D. Theriogenology
x. Department of Veterinary Surgery and Radiology
M.Sc.; Ph.D. Large Animal Surgery M.Sc.; Ph.D. Small Animal Surgery M.Sc.; Ph.D. Veterinary Anaesthesiology
M.Sc.; Ph.D. Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging
- Only courses available for the session are advertised and as such candidates are advised to select courses available in this advertisement.
- Candidates are advised to PRINTout the advertisement and STUDY
thoroughly before COMMENCINGthe application procedure.
- Applicants are to note that the University will not be liable or responsible for any mistake made arising from wrong application
(iv) The Postgraduate academic session for Postgraduate programmes is 12 calendar months, commencing on 23rd October and ending on 30th September of the following year. The 12 calendar months starts to count automatically from the date of first registration.
Applicants are to note that programmes automatically lapses at the expiration of the prescribed maximum duration for each programme. A candidate may, however, apply for an extension of not more than 6 months, in the first instance, subject to a maximum of two such
POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES OFFERED
1. Ph.D. Degree Programmes
These are available to holders of M.A; M.Ed.; M.Eng.; M.Sc.; LL.M; and M.P.H degrees, with a minimum score of 60% or a minimum of 4 points on a 5 points Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) scale in their Master degree programmes. A Ph.D. degree programme runs for a minimum period of 36 calendar months and a maximum period of 60 calendar months for full-time candidates OR a minimum period of 48 calendar months and a maximum period of 72 calendar months for part-time candidates. Relevant Courses will be taken for the Ph.D. studies where prescribed and a Thesis is required at the end of the Ph.D. programme.
2. M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree Programmes
Candidates who scored between 55.00 and 59.99 percent or 3.50 – 3.99 CGPA score on a 5-point scale, can apply for admission into the Master of Philosophy (M.Phil./Ph.D.) degree programme. The M.Phil./Ph.D. degree programme is available only to full-time candidates. It runs for a minimum period of 12 calendar months and a maximum period of 24 calendar months and a Dissertation is produced after the research work. Candidates in this category are eligible for conversion to Ph.D. programme, following a progress assessment report to be made by a Panel of Examiners at the end of the first session of registration. To be eligible for conversion to the Ph.D. program, candidates are expected to score not less than 60% (aggregate) at the end of the first session.
3. M.Phil. Degree Programmes
Candidates who scored between 50.00 and 54.99 percent or 3.00 – 3.49 CGPA score on a 5-point scale, can apply for admission into the Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) degree programme. The M.Phil. degree programme is available only to full-time candidates. It runs for a minimum period of 18 calendar months and a maximum period of 24 calendar months on a full-time basis and a Dissertation is produced after the research work.
4. Master Degree Programmes
M.A.; M.Ed.; M.Eng.; M.Sc.; LL.M and M.P.H. degrees run for a minimum period of
18 calendar months and a maximum period of 24 calendar months for full-time candidates OR a minimum period of 36 calendar months and a maximum period of 48 calendar months for part-time candidates. All Master degree programmes are by course work. This is in addition to a research report at the end of which a Dissertation is produced.
5. Postgraduate Diploma Degree Programmes
Postgraduate Diploma degrees are available to candidates with Third Class (honours) degree.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
- All entry certificate requirement shall be available at the point of purchasing the application form. The National Youth Service Corp Discharge Certificate OR Exemption Certificate should be dated and presented on or before September 30th, 2023.
- Applicants are expected to submit their application forms online together with the scanned copies of their credentials.
- After the submission of the application forms online as stated in (ii) above, all supporting documents in (i) above and the hard copy of the application form, should be forwarded to the Secretary, Postgraduate School, University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Nigeria between Monday, 26th June 2023 and Friday, 30th June, 2023, while the submission of Transcripts of Academic Records should be addressed and forwarded to the Head of Department where the admission is being sought. The Postgraduate School will not be held liable for any misdirected transcripts.
- All applicants must have 5 O/L Credit passes in the relevant subjects, which must include English Language and Mathematics. In line with Senate directives, applicants who had their O/L results before the year 2015, may have a pass in English or Mathematics depending on the programme applied for.
- Applicants for the Master degree programmes who are graduates of the University of Ilorin and other recognized universities must have a minimum of Second Class Honours Degree (Lower Division) and must be applying for programmes in which they had their first degrees. However, applicants with Second Class Honours Degree (Lower Division) and those with higher classes of degrees seeking admissions into programmes outside those in which they had their first degrees may be admitted, provided they satisfy the University of Ilorin Senate’s requirements in a qualifying examination to be conducted. The least class of first Degree for all academic programme applicants is Second Class Honours Degree (Lower Division). The Bachelor degrees should be obtained from the University of Ilorin or any other university recognised by the Senate of the University of Ilorin. ALL applicants shall apply early for their official Bachelor degree transcript to be sent to the Head of Department where the admission is being sought, before the expiration of the stated deadline in B (iii) above. Again the Postgraduate School will not be held liable or responsible for any misdirected transcript.
- Applicants for the Ph.D. degree programme shall have obtained a relevant Master degree of the University of Ilorin or from other recognized Universities, with an average weighted score of at least 60% or a 4.0 points CGPA on a 5-point scale. Short-listed applicants would be required to satisfy the Postgraduate School in the qualifying interviews and assessments by the relevant Department. Applicants are therefore expected to interact with the department to which they have applied to ascertain the date of the interview for the Ph.D. degree programme. Regardless of the institution where the Master degree was obtained, all candidates must apply early for the official copy of their academic transcripts to be sent to the Head of Department where the admission is being sought for the purpose of this admission and before the expiration of the stated deadline. Applicants must note that the Postgraduate School will not be responsible for any misdirected
- All Higher Degree applicants that attended foreign Universities, where English language is not the medium of instruction, should submit to the Head of Department where the admission is being sought, evidence of their English Language proficiency, e.g. TOEFL or IELTS scores obtained within the validity period of such certifications.
- Applicants for the Postgraduate Diploma and Master Degree Programmes will be subjected to a qualifying examination, irrespective of the class of degree obtained. However, applicants from the University of Ilorin with a First Class or a Second Class, Upper Division (Honours), provided such applicant is not applying to a department that is different from the one in which he/she graduated from at the undergraduate level, will be exempted from the qualifying examination.
- International applicants (who are domiciled outside Nigeria and non-Nigerians applying from outside the country) shall be exempted from the qualifying examination irrespective of the class of degree. All applicants are requested to submit a proposal of not more than 5 pages, giving details of their intended areas of research interests. This should be sent electronically to email@example.com not later than Friday, 7th July, 2023.
- Applicants applying for any of the full-time programmes of the University are expected to present a letter of release from their employers at the point of registration.
C. Programme Specifics
- Applicants for the Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science shall satisfy one of the following:
- a minimum of first degree in any of the following disciplines from a recognised University: Sciences, Engineering, Social Sciences or the
- HND in Computer Science or Engineering from recognized Polytechnics with a minimum of Lower Credit; and
- HND in any other discipline different from those in (b) above but preferably from Sciences or Social Sciences with a minimum of Lower Credit from a recognized Polytechnic or equivalent institution, with at least one year cognate experience.
- Applicants for Postgraduate Diploma in Statistics shall satisfy one of the following:
- A minimum of an honour’s degree from a recognized University in any of Science and Social Science disciplines;
- HND in Statistics from a recognized Polytechnic with a minimum of Lower Credit.
3. M.A. Peace and Security Studies is OPEN ONLY to participants of the Executive Intelligence Management Course (EIMC) of the Institute of Security Studies, Abuja. The M.A. Peace and Strategic Studies is OPEN ONLY to participants in the Executive Management Course (EMC) of the Nigerian Army School of Education (NASE), Ilorin or any other equivalent programme approved by NASE.
4. M.Sc. Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) is OPEN ONLY to participants of the Natural Water Institute, Kaduna.
- Applicants for Master of Public Health (MPH) shall satisfy the following:
- Have their first degree in one of the following fields; Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing, Nutrition & Dietetics, Veterinary Medicine, Medical Laboratory Science, Health Information Management, Public Health or Microbiology;
- Have at least 2 years working experience in health facility, ministry of health, UN agencies or health related government and non-governmental
How to Apply for UNILORIN Postgraduate Admission Form
Application fee for all programmes is 25, 000.00 Naira only for Applicants within Nigeria OR $200.00 only for International Applicants.
UNILORIN PG form Closing Date
Application forms will close on Friday, 23rd June, 2023. Note that the latest date for receipt of supporting documents is Friday, 7th July 2023. Successful applicants would be notified through their University of Ilorin application portal.
UNILORIN PG FORM CLOSING DATE
Application Forms are to be completed on-line and will close on Saturday, 29th June, 2022. Note that the latest date for receipt of supporting documents is Wednesday, 31st July 2022. Successful applicants would be notified by e-mail.
I Hope you understand the steps provided above? Do you have any questions as regards the UNILORIN PG admission form for 2023/2024 session? Please reach out to us via the comment section or our contact us page and we shall respond accordingly.
Do not forget to share this post with others via the social media buttons below so others can benefit from it.